On the bright side

Maduro

Chancellor and Atterberry...

I'll give a semi-pass to Dunbar and Thompson... They were absolutely overwhelmed...

As I write this, Osborn is looking pretty good...

Other than that, what a disaster...

And the pessimist in me says that FIU might be the worst team we face in our first five...

Houston and Tulsa are similar teams with more D-1 talent... Those could be long games...

Still, it's going to be a fun season, and I am positive that they are going to get better each week under McCarney...

I'm afraid to say this...but Osborn looked a lot more comfortable out there.

i agree...and he was still playing against some starters. he looked comfortable, knew where to throw and how to throw the ball...maybe osborn against houston...

• Upvote 1

i agree...and he was still playing against some starters. he looked comfortable, knew where to throw and how to throw the ball...maybe osborn against houston...

Key word being SOME starters. Thompson saw ALL starters every play he was in the game. And if Thompson had been in he would have completed the pass that Osborn missed on.

• Downvote 1

Key word being SOME starters. Thompson saw ALL starters every play he was in the game. And if Thompson had been in he would have completed the pass that Osborn missed on.

true, only some starters...but osborn would have completed the passes that thompson didn't...

• Upvote 1

Key word being SOME starters. Thompson saw ALL starters every play he was in the game.

I'm hesitant to jump on the "Osborn should be the starter" bandwagon because of how he performed in a game that was already out of reach. But Thompson seems to be more of a pocket passer than Osborn or McNulty. If our O-line is not going to be able to give our QB time to set up in the pocket, it doesn't make sense to have a dropback pocket passer starting.