Visiting Fans

there is a la quinta and a holiday inn that are fairly new (2 years old) on 35 north towards oklahoma, just north of the stadium...a comfort inn down 35 towards dallas. welcome foreigner!!!

Edited by THOR

Mean Green,

My father and I will be driving up for the UH game. Any convenient hotel recommendations? Restaurants worth hitting up?

BTW, major congrats on the new stadium/naming rights/donation. Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Denton is close enough that the entire DFW area is really available to you. Are you looking primarily at Denton for hotels/restaurants?

I don't know much about hotels so I'll let others handle that

What kind of restaurant are you looking for? I love that Denton has so many hole in the wall, college student oriented, fairly cheap restaurants, but I don't know if that's the kind of thing you're looking for. Are you looking for something nicer than that?

If you want to stay in Denton you can't go wrong with Deep's suggestion at the Hampton. If you're wanting to upscale it a little bit try some of these:

http://www.denton-wildwoodinn.com/

http://www.theheritageinns.com/

Here's more of the standard fare:

http://www.eztrip.com/Texas/TX/Denton/DENTON_TX.html

The Best Western Premier on the southside of Denton is REALLY nice (like really... you wouldn't believe it's a Best Western) and they have a UNT rate of $79... you can definitely ask for that!

Best Western premier

We use them every semester for UNT Preview attendees.

There is also a nice new Hilton Hotel in Denton. Located off Wind River.

• Upvote 1

I think I read that Cougar fans were having some sort of shin dig at Rudy's Barbque.

You might try the Holiday Inn & Suites on Centre Place Drive. If you have a chance, check out the local music scene and try some Beth Marie's Ice Cream.

+1 on Beth Marie's, especially on The Square. I'm slowly working my way through every flavor (I've had at least 20), but they keep adding more. I can't recommend the jalapeno flavored though and I'm scared of the bacon flavored.

Some of the local restaurants also carry Beth Marie's. If you see it on the menu, get the Beth Marie's Shiner Bock ice cream. Great stuff. Makes me want to make a Shiner beer float. I haven't tried the Jack and Coke flavored yet. The alcohol flavored ice creams they don't sell at Beth Marie's.

if you can find the old one, you'll find the new Apogee Stadium. there are lots and lots of new hotels in Denton. There's no need to stay out of town for a football weekend in Denton.

Lot's of good places to eat as well. Chain types on the Interstate and unique one of a kind on the historic Denton Square.

Holiday Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, the aforementioned Best Western, Homewood Suites, Hampton that I can think of off the top of my head. I'd stay in any of them. Apogee Stadium is about 1 or 2 miles south on I-35E (Just before 35E and 35W come together).

Denton is a fun friendly town. you'll have a good time here. Welcome. Joe

The Best Western Premier on the southside of Denton is REALLY nice (like really... you wouldn't believe it's a Best Western) and they have a UNT rate of $79... you can definitely ask for that!

Best Western premier

We use them every semester for UNT Preview attendees.

I was going to mention this. I know it sounds funny, but this Best Western is real nice.

Where is the stadium in relationship to your old one?

Right across the Interstate. Don't know for sure which exit you'll be able to use. I'd guess that it's North Texas Blvd. on the north side of I-35E and they'll shuttle you back to the stadium. Eventually there'll be a sky bridge from old Fouts to Apogee Stadium.

Right across the Interstate. Don't know for sure which exit you'll be able to use. I'd guess that it's North Texas Blvd. on the north side of I-35E and they'll shuttle you back to the stadium. Eventually there'll be a sky bridge from old Fouts to Apogee Stadium.

I have been told that there is no shuttle service. You gotta walk it.