Dd To Texas State As Oc ?

MeanGreen61

New Texas State head coach Dennis Franchione is already hard at work putting his staff together for the upcoming season. Along with Montana linebackers coach Mike Hudson, Franchione is poised to bring in current Blinn College offensive line coach Dennis Darnell and University of New Mexico offensive coordinator and running backs coach Darrell Dickey.

CatsCradle article

http://smdrcatscradle.blogspot.com/

Bobcat thread.

http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21056

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Downvote 1

New Texas State head coach Dennis Franchione is already hard at work putting his staff together for the upcoming season. Along with Montana linebackers coach Mike Hudson, Franchione is poised to bring in current Blinn College offensive line coach Dennis Darnell and University of New Mexico offensive coordinator and running backs coach Darrell Dickey.

CatsCradle article

http://smdrcatscradle.blogspot.com/

Bobcat thread.

http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=21056

Those poor bastards....

• Upvote 4

I think he may be the head coach in waiting as Fran will leave as soon as he gets the chance. Poor TSU.

yeah those MF'ers don't even know what they've got coming.

On the flip-side, he brought us 4 straight conference titles and a pair of national rushing champs. So maybe they've got that to look forward to in the new wack-ass WAC.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Who was our HC before DD and are there any updates on them?

I wish Dickey the best, but he gets too much attention around here.

Matt Simon. Last I heard he was running back coach for the Chargers.

Personally, I am interested to know what our former players and coaches are up to. You, on the other hand, can feel free to refrain from clicking on threads that mention them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wish Dickey the best, but he gets too much attention around here.

Dickey teams have 2/3 of our bowl appearances and 1/2 of our bowl victories. He was also highly controversial here even when he was winning.

DD will be a subject on this board until someone else wins.

yeah those MF'ers don't even know what they've got coming.

On the flip-side, he brought us 4 straight conference titles and a pair of national rushing champs. So maybe they've got that to look forward to in the new wack-ass WAC.

Quiet you. Dickey-Monster, Woody Wilson, Gio, Rodge, Todge, Evyn Roman, Todd Ford, white helmets with black unis (or some-such) and Ron Mendoza are all the reason we're in the mess we're in right now.

If Fran hires DD I'm sure DD will strike up past relationship with Mattress Mac in Houston. I'm sure Texas State could use a million dollar donor that might need a tax wright off or Two. TSU is a lot closer to Houston than Denton. Mattress Mac is all about promoting his furniture stores and I'm sure a lot of TSU alumni live in the Houston area. If memory serves we haven't had a HC that's brought million dollar donor to UNT since DD left. There's one more accomplishment to add to 4 SB championships, 2 National Rushing leaders (Back to Back years), first bowl win since Salad Bowl in 1948 or 1949, no UNT Bowl wins since much less appearances, and 25 game winning streak.

Edited by UNTMike81
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

One thing that seems to be forgotten in the Mattress Mac episode is that MM is an alumnus of North Texas and an ex-letterman. He wouldn't have the same ties to TSU and I would wager that you won't see any large contribution to them just because Darrell Dickey is there.

I think that Coach Fran has made a serious mistake in selecting DD as OC. Darrell has had three successful seasons as an OC in 11 years at that position. Given what success he has had, most of it at North Texas, he should be the running backs coach. He did have two national champion rushers here and that should be his best position. He has flopped at Utah State and New Mexico and TSU doesn't need failure as they attempt to advance in class.

• Upvote 2

GrayEagle...I'd agree with you about DD and Mac if TSU wasn't closer to Houston than Denton, but I'm sure TSU has plenty of Alumni in Houston area. If MM was on board with additional contributions to UNT I'd like RV would be or have explored situation based on new stadium. However, we don't hear of significant donor contributions since DD left ie California donor for 1 million to finance tennis facility, MM, or even Allen Goldfield.

All of these big donors and more could be investing in the new stadium based on the number of club suites that the AD's office say they've leased or sold. Maybe UNT will sell stadium naming rights to Interstate battery. Wonder if AD has contact owner of Interstate battery (UNT Alumni). Interstate battery spends about 20 Million a year with Joe Gibbs racing to field their NASCAR racing #18 every year.

Here is the full rundown:

Matt Simon (1994-1997) - Currently the head coach at Gilmour Academy near Cleveland, Ohio. He also teaches 7th grade PE... :unsure:

Dennis Parker (1991-1993) - Was the head coach at Texas Lutheran Univerisity, but resigned after the 2009 season. His overall record at TLU was 6-23.

Corky Nelson (1982-1990) - The last HC job I can find for him is an assistant coaching position at Mary Hardin Baylor. After he left NT, his next job was as a HC of Seguin High School.

Bob Tyler (1981) - Left NT after one season to coach Northwest Mississippi Community College. From 1992-1996 he was the director of Mississippi State Parks & Wildlife. His last coaching job was at Millsapps College, and he retired in 2002.

Jerry Moore (1979-1980) - Left NT to coach TT for five years. He has been the HC at Appalachian State since 1989 and has won 3 FCS National Championships.

Hayden Fry (1973-1978) - Went to Iowa and became a Hall of Famer.

Rod Rust (1967-1972) - Since coaching NT has had all kinds of assistant positions in the NFL and CFL. He was most recently a Defensive Coordinator in the CFL in 2005.

All other former coaches have passed away.

• Upvote 2