Cool Post Card From The Athletic Dept. Today

TheColonyEagle

I got a cool postcard today from the mean green club showing my current point total. What was really cool was they showed me my ranking as well.

I've always been curious where I stand. (#261...lower than I thought...need to step up)

Thought that was a great idea.

Edited by TheColonyEagle

I got a cool postcard today from the mean green club showing my current point total. What was really cool was they showed me my ranking as well.

I've always been curious where I stand.

what do you mean by your ranking? i haven't got a postcard yet.

I've always been curious where I stand.

I thought that this was really cool also. In fact, it is a GREAT idea.

The postcard added an extra competitive aspect to things. And, competitions are always fun ;)

P.S.-Was anyone surprised by their ranking ? I was just about where I expected to be....roughly.

Edited by akriesman

I think it is a good thing.....I know they want to get people to get their total up. The better the rank the better position you have on the board when it's time for new stadium seat selection.

I came in at 81st.....ehh.....

I knew I should have been buying basketball tickets!!!!! Just tough to make the games......I missed out on a bunch of points.

I'm going to double check with them on my points. I renewed my football season tickets before the April deadline and got an email confirmation that said my priority points for the 2010 football season would be doubled. By my calculations, they didn't add those in. You might want to check yours if you renewed early. These postcards are a good idea.

GMG!

Nevermind.

Edited by NTEdgex2

I'm still not sure what the points mean.

Pecking order for who gets what first. In theory, Priority Points should have come into play for the NCAA 1st round playoff tickets on who got the best seats first. Same goes with things like season tickets for any sports and other special events like bowl games.

Edited by UNTFan23

I was shocked to find myself in the 470s, especially since I have only been donating since the 2008 season.

Our Alumni base should be ashamed.

I think several of us have been mentioning that sort of thing for some time. Lots of people seem to be of the mind-set to "let others do it" or "my little donation couldn't help so why donate at all" or the inane line that "until this or that happens" I won't help.

However, let's be thankful for those that do donate and buy season tickets and let's all do what we can to try to increase those numbers. It is a side benefit of the post card that some are now realizing just how much the support they give means to the program and really how few give. Sort of like the top 2% of earners in the country pay the vast majority of all income taxes, yet those are the ones the gov wants to tax even more! If everyone really did what they could, it would be amazing how much more the program could advance.

So, a big "shout out" and "high five" to those who can and do give to the programs at UNT. Your generous support is VERY much appreciated. May many many more alums and friends join you in your support.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I think several of us have been mentioning that sort of thing for some time. Lots of people seem to be of the mind-set to "let others do it" or "my little donation couldn't help so why donate at all" or the inane line that "until this or that happens" I won't help.

However, let's be thankful for those that do donate and buy season tickets and let's all do what we can to try to increase those numbers. It is a side benefit of the post card that some are now realizing just how much the support they give means to the program and really how few give. Sort of like the top 2% of earners in the country pay the vast majority of all income taxes, yet those are the ones the gov wants to tax even more! If everyone really did what they could, it would be amazing how much more the program could advance.

So, a big "shout out" and "high five" to those who can and do give to the programs at UNT. Your generous support is VERY much appreciated. May many many more alums and friends join you in your support.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Well put Kram.