Dodge Poll

UNTflyer

Wow. So you would then have a track record of supporting 2 coaches whose combined record would be 10-62 over 6 years!! Average of less than 2 wins a year!

May want to rethink that.

It's just being a loyal fan to UNT. No, it is not easy being an all-weather fan right now...in fact, it sucks at times...but we need to support our team on the field each and every week. Hopefully Dodge will turn it around...maybe he won't...can't stop cheering for the Mean Green

It's just being a loyal fan to UNT. No, it is not easy being an all-weather fan right now...in fact, it sucks at times...but we need to support our team on the field each and every week. Hopefully Dodge will turn it around...maybe he won't...can't stop cheering for the Mean Green

I don't think anyone on here, no matter how emotional they are after this loss, is going to stop supporting and cheering for UNT. Just because some do not support the head coach does not mean that they don't support the players and appreciate their effort. Two totally different ballgames.

I'm sure some would say that by not supporting Dodge, they ARE supporting the players by trying to give them the best oportunity to be successful. You got to admit, the evidence so far suggests that this coaching staff has not put the kids in the best position to be successful on the field.

Edited by UNT90

I don't think anyone on here, no matter how emotional they are after this loss, is going to stop supporting and cheering for UNT. Just because some do not support the head coach does not mean that they don't support the players and appreciate their effort. Two totally different ballgames.

I'm sure some would say that by not supporting Dodge, they ARE supporting the players by trying to give them the best oportunity to be successful. You got to admit, the evidence so far suggests that this coaching staff has not put the kids in the best position to be successful on the field.

I agree that the players may not have been put in the best position to be successful. I realize that most people posting on this site are indeed fans. I just don't understand the bashing from some...it sometimes comes across as if they are not fans at all.

I voted stay.

I'm not crazy about my vote, but I have seen improvement in the team. Dodge gets 4 years. We hired a high school coach, and his learning curve has a wider arc than most.

But I'm not voting for Dodge so much as I am voting for Deloach. If we bring in another head coach, he will most likely bring in a new DC. I have a lot of faith that Gary Deloach can get our defense back to a dominant force. I want to believe that next year Dodge and Deloach will have turned the corner.

Go. This team has the talent to be 5-6 or better. They are 2-9 because of the coaching, not the talent. At some point you have to say, keeping him is not fair to the players. This team has improved, but certain aspects of the coaching have not. Two timeouts to call a field goal, going into this season without a reliable kicker, calling an option with the QB lined up 4 yards deep in the end zone, and an inability to adjust to game situations in the 4th quarter are not what I call improvements.

I think Dodge is a good guy, but we are opening a new stadium in two years. I don't want to go into the new stadium with a string of 10 loss seasons.

I voted stay, but it's very borderline. If I were RV, I would fire him. Three years is a fair chance for a coach to show what he can do. He was not hired with the understanding that he would have a "learning curve"--he was expected to come in and turn us into a winner by now. He hasn't, and based on W's and L's, it's not even close. When RV hired Coach Dodge, he had a great deal of support for the hire--alumni, the biggest sportswriters in the Metroplex, et al. But keeping him for year four is hard to justify from a business standpoint. Even many of the biggest Dodge supporters would find it very hard to begrudge RV if he fired him after the fruits of the last 3 seasons. And it is going to be very difficult to sell this class's recruits on a 2-10 or 3-9 team and a head coach on an extremely short leash.

But I have a hunch that TD is going to be successful at the college level at some time or another, and I want to see if he can start that next year. Am I convinced that we will have a winning record with Dodge at the helm next year--no. But there has been improvement in the team in every aspect from last year to this year, with the exception of turnovers. Our propensity for turning the ball over on offense and failing to create turnovers on defense has absolutely killed us. Change the turnover differential in our favor by 1 each game, and how many more wins do we have? What about 2 in our favor each game? If the coaches and players can solve that problem, and keep improving in other areas, I definitely believe we can have a winning team next year.

I'm still curious to see the number of new registered users voted in this poll. The poll was heavily lopsided for "Fire Him", then after a few days it has all of a sudden considerably swung to "Keep Him".

Because the further you get from the Army game, the less the emotion from that games weighs on your vote. If you would have polled me on the way out of the stadium I would've have fired him but because I had time to really think about the pros and cons thereafter, I ultimately chose stay.

Because the further you get from the Army game, the less the emotion from that games weighs on your vote. If you would have polled me on the way out of the stadium I would've have fired him but because I had time to really think about the pros and cons thereafter, I ultimately chose stay.

I had come to my conclusion at the Monroe game, Army just further confirmed my decision.

I'm still curious to see the number of new registered users voted in this poll. The poll was heavily lopsided for "Fire Him", then after a few days it has all of a sudden considerably swung to "Keep Him".
Kinda how this program will also swing from having a losing record to winning record next year. A sudden considerable swing, it will just happen......

I agree, Mr. Mosley...I agree. UNT should keep Coach Dodge here for next season. I do think the team has made it to the "corner" and will make the turn. I see a win over Ark State to end the season...GO MEAN GREEN!

Kinda how this program will also swing from having a losing record to winning record next year. A sudden considerable swing, it will just happen......

For Dodge to see a 5th year, he better post a minimum 6 wins.