Dodge Poll

UNTflyer

Stay

Let's just say for kicks he is canned , would you support our next coach for a 4th year if he too goes 5 - 31 after his 1st 3 seasons. Doesn't matter who it is , what kind of recruit he gets , how close our games our , who we beat or lose to .... just if he goes 5 - 31 after 3 years would you still support him ?

No need to explain , just a simple yes or no question.

Let's just say for kicks he is canned , would you support our next coach for a 4th year if he too goes 5 - 31 after his 1st 3 seasons. Doesn't matter who it is , what kind of recruit he gets , how close our games our , who we beat or lose to .... just if he goes 5 - 31 after 3 years would you still support him ?

No need to explain , just a simple yes or no question.

Yes.

First, I have never been as frustrated or as disgusted, by what I have seen on the field at the end of this years games.

But, I want TD to get one more year. He has assembled a good group of talent that will be even better next year.

Dodge (both of them) have made their share of mistakes. But, I feel like both of them are a little snakebit by the way things have fallen into place this year. With a break or two going our way, we can completely reverse this thing next season. Will Riley stay if TD is released ? That is another question.

I still think that Riley is a major piece to our puzzle. Riley is a terrific all-around QB inside of 20 yards. But, it is excruciating to watch those floaters down field. Riley just has to get more zip on the longer throws. I think he can improve on those longer throws as he matures.

I am not ready to blow this thing up yet. If we get a new coach now, that is exactly what I think will happen.

One more year. And, I expect nothing less next year than a winning record.

I am not ready to blow this thing up yet. If we get a new coach now, that is exactly what I think will happen.

Why? It didn't happen at Middle Tennessee. It didn't happen at FIU. It didn't happen at SMU. It didn't happen at Kansas St. I'll bet you a paycheck it won't happen at Western Kentucky.

It doesn't happen anywhere but at old UNT. No one else gets this kind of learning curve and this much rope. Nowhere else does a "four year plan" exist that requires every acceptable result to occur in the mythical fourth year turnaround.

If you think Todd Dodge is even an AVERAGE recruiter and you look around the country even one bit, why on EARTH do you think a new coach guarantees "blowing it up" for three more years this bad?

Stay...I cannot see making a change at this point. The guy has a contract that also comes into play...next year will tell the tale on the TD coaching pick.

So three years later and 5 wins and you think that he will just figure out how to coach during the offseason? Or is it the "we will have even more talent" to work with argument?

Still say it is a mute point. He is gone after next week.

Is everyone blind to the one and two year turn arounds that happen all over the country?!? That no other school deals with having to wait FOUR years to win more than a couple of games?!? I mean, seriously... where is this template that says a new coach blows it up and takes another four years for success?!? It's not at MTSU. Not at FIU. Not a K-St. Not at SMU. Bet you $ it won't be at WKU.

Is everyone blind to the one and two year turn arounds that happen all over the country?!? That no other school deals with having to wait FOUR years to win more than a couple of games?!? I mean, seriously... where is this template that says a new coach blows it up and takes another four years for success?!? It's not at MTSU. Not at FIU. Not a K-St. Not at SMU. Bet you $ it won't be at WKU.

It for sure doesn't happen at big schools. I remember when Danny Ford was let go at Arkansas and they hired Jack Crowe - who then lost his first game I believe to The Citidel at home and was fired that evening.

we heard this same bull s*&^) with dd during his first two years......oh yea, same stuff about JJ during his first couple of years.......

We did? Most people seemed to be on board with JJ until about 2007. Then in a "make or break" year for much of the fanbase - we made the NCAA's. Most people weren't calling for his head tho intially, the uptick from Trilli gained him alot of slack.

Plus, even at his worst he had a much better than .150 winning percentage.

Edited by CMJ

It for sure doesn't happen at big schools. I remember when Danny Ford was let go at Arkansas and they hired Jack Crowe - who then lost his first game I believe to The Citidel at home and was fired that evening.

Sure - but not even just big schools... why do certain posters here feel we can't expect the same results as MTSU and FIU?!? I'd love to know.

Sure - but not even just big schools... why do certain posters here feel we can't expect the same results as MTSU and FIU?!? I'd love to know.

Honestly I think it is because so many feel that we are just one or two recruits or players away from an 8 win season. I have no idea other than that because nothing else make any sense to me. Maybe TTG can tell us or maybe it is in his research, but I am inclined to believe that there are only a handful of schools that have ever given a coach a fourth year after starting out 5 and 31.

Honestly I think it is because so many feel that we are just one or two recruits or players away from an 8 win season. I have no idea other than that because nothing else make any sense to me. Maybe TTG can tell us or maybe it is in his research, but I am inclined to believe that there are only a handful of schools that have ever given a coach a fourth year after starting out 5 and 31.

Okay, but by that logic, why did SMU, MTSU, FIU, and others get an improvment within 2 years? How does being one or two recruits away from an 8 win season HINDER a new coach?!?

I say go. If you can't get top level talent to commit to UNT then we will always settle for average. Im sorry but I'm tired of taking an average player and expecting great things from that person.

Lets say that 200 high school football teams win a state championship at some level (6man-5A). If that wining player thinks he has a better shot at making it to the pros at a D-1aa, D2, D3 school then North Texas needs a better coach who can bring in the winners.

Edited by GreenStreet

Stay!

Why? It didn't happen at Middle Tennessee. It didn't happen at FIU. It didn't happen at SMU. It didn't happen at Kansas St. I'll bet you a paycheck it won't happen at Western Kentucky.

It doesn't happen anywhere but at old UNT. No one else gets this kind of learning curve and this much rope. Nowhere else does a "four year plan" exist that requires every acceptable result to occur in the mythical fourth year turnaround.

If you think Todd Dodge is even an AVERAGE recruiter and you look around the country even one bit, why on EARTH do you think a new coach guarantees "blowing it up" for three more years this bad?

CG.

We have had troubles in the RZ, bad penalties, turn the ball over consistently and have even been burdened by bad coaching decisions at time.

Yet, even with all of these mistakes, our team has been very competitive this year on the field. I would not be surprised if we have racked up more yards on offense than our opponents overall. That tells me that this team is VERY close to turning the corner.

Do I blame the coaches as well as the players for the mistakes ? Absolutely.

But, with a few tweaks here and there and next year we are competing for the conference title. I don't want to even take a chance on the possibility of things blowing up. And, I really believe that next year we will start to put teams away when we should. All we need is a break or two to go our way.

One more year for TD. That is what I want personally. We all wanted to see improvement this year and we have seen it. Unfortunately, the results have not been coming as victories. And, I am just as sick of losing as everyone else. Heck, I threw my seat cushions after yesterdays game for the first time since watching this team in 1986 :)

I think when we all look back at this season in a few weeks, we will see the progress. Right now we are all mad as hell from all the late game disasters that have occurred.

Edited by akriesman