Live Chat W/ Rick Villarreall Tomorrow At 11am

GabeGMG

Received an e-mail about the chat so I'm sure most folks at gomeangreen.com received the same. Also mentioned an upcoming chat with Todd Dodge.

Live Chat with Athletics Director Rick Villarreal, Wednesday at 11 am

Tomorrow at 11 a.m. mark your calendars because that’s when North Texas AD Rick Villarreal will be here to take your questions live in our first live chat on MeanGreenSports.com. We hope everyone out there can stop by for a few minutes but we also understand if you’re going to let work get in the way of that.

So to accommodate those with questions for RV we are going to take your e-mails now and he will answer those starting at 10:45 a.m. until we fire off the live ones. Added bonus, the best e-mail or live question will win a yet to be determined prize from out vault.

askathletics@unt.edu

Plus put down next Monday, July 27 at 11 a.m. That’s when Todd Dodge steps into the live chat ring and takes your questions for a full hour as well. If you want to go ahead and e-mail questions in for Coach Dodge, feel free to. Keep in mind there are some ground rules for him, no recruiting talk, leave that to the novices

It's been entertaining enough so far. A nice diversion from work anyway. Let's see if he answers any of my basketball questions tho. :lol:

Agreed. It's picked up and has a nice edge to it. I like how RV is using this - pretty quick with good responses so far.

Man, the bar is set low:

The expectations of myself and of Coach Dodge is that we have to see progress in the number of wins and the competitiveness of our teams. Especially in SBC games, we should be nearning that point where everyone of those games is winnable and when its over we had a chance to walk away with a W.

We must elminate those games where the margin of loss is substantial. That being said there are a number of factors that effect the football season, injuries, etc, and is something we will evaluate when we get to December.

We should be "nearing the point?" Yeah, okay. But, when do you hold him responsible for not being "near the point?"

I'd say unbelievable, but...it is UNT.

I enjoyed the "Live Chat" feature with Rick. I would like to see

more "Live Chat" with the coaches, players, NT fans, and the Prez.

Good stuff!

Lonnie, next week Coach Dodge is the guest speaker, so you have

your chance to ask Coach Dodge a plethora of questions yourself.

I hope you do not miss this opportunity!

I enjoyed the "Live Chat" feature with Rick. I would like to see

more "Live Chat" with the coaches, players, NT fans, and the Prez.

Good stuff!

Lonnie, next week Coach Dodge is the guest speaker, so you have

your chance to ask Coach Dodge a plethora of questions yourself.

I hope you do not miss this opportunity!

I liked your question.

For some reason my browser won't allow all of the chat transcript to come through. Would it be possible if I asked pretty please with green icing on top if someone could repost the transcript here? :flowers:

Try using the scroll button on your mouse. I can browse the hole chat that way, but not with the normal options for some reason.

Hmm, nope, it scrolls down some but only shows the first question and then cuts off the rest of the text.

Just PMed it to you. I recommend printing it out and getting a nice stall at the office.

Oh, Oh Quoner me next!! Me next!!

Same thing, I only get RV's response to the first question.

Done - but be warned: I am prepared to start charging for my awesome cut and paste skills.

Best thing to come out of this is the stadium is on schedule for the 2011 home opener. It seemed that he wasn't to worried about the contribution level, which says (to me, at least) that they already have a pretty good head start on funding. I still think they should be hitting up the average alum now, but I guess I understand waiting until the final government OK in October.

I enjoyed the chat with RV...I found it a bit strange that some were using their GMG.com "names" for the chat. What's up with that? No reason to hide your identity on the live chat as unless someone already knows your GMG.com name you would not be giving away "top secrets" by using your real name. Think about that for the next chat with Coach Dodge...why not actually let him know who is asking the question and to whom he is responding.

There were some excellent questions...including my favorite from CharlieNT73...nice, very nice.

And, I agree...Lonnie if you want to ask the "tough" questions, why not be there for Coach Dodge's live chat...it's next. And, use your real name too...lots of folks would not know you were "The Fake Lonnie", but would appreciate the fact that you had the "boys" enough to ask the type of questions you want. What do you think? It's an open chat, so all are welcome.

Edited by KRAM1