Kat Deluna Singing National Anthem

I agree...that was AWFUL! Why do folks think they need to screw with the anthem? It is fine as it is...sing it correctly!!!! And, who in sam hill is Kat Deluna???? I am really tired of folks wanting to sing the national anthem in some "original" manner. The vast majority of the time it SUCKS when they mess with it.

AND, who the heck picked Kat Deluna??? Was there even an audition???? GOOD GRIEF!!!! BAD...very bad!

cf1HMZbTcz0

Here it is.

And yes, all performers are aware that it is disrespectful to a country to either alter it's national anthem or intentionally perform it poorly.

It's like burning the flag, you are free to do it, but other people are certainly free to display that they don't like you doing it.

Jerry Jones and the entire Dallas Cowboy organization should be very embarrassed by this and should shoulder the blame for not checking her out to a much greater degree. My guess...bowing to "political" pressure.

The Baltimore Orioles organization have a good idea. One submits a tape of the National Anthem. If they select that version to be used at a game, the TAPE is played. The microphone is dead. There is no chance that anything not already approved gets out. And except that I just told you, no one ever knows the difference.

By the way, I look at the National Anthem as a hymn. I'm not sure it needs to be played before a sporting event or NASCAR race, but if it is, it should be played/sung with the respect given other hymns.

greenminer...I am on no "high horse" as you call it because I respect the national anthem of this great nation of ours. Unlike you in this case...and I am only talking about this case...I think she has the personal responsibility of knowing what and why she is doing what she is doing! If not...don't do it. Time to take responsibility for what one does and not "blame it" on others "at the top". They share blame, of course, but she did it and she knew full well what she was doing.

Sorry, she gets no pass from me this time...she may be young and as someone else said "beautiful", but where does it say those two things give anyone a "pass" on stupidity and disrespect???

Sorry, just me...it is a BIG DEAL as this sort of thing seems to be happeneing more and more these days, and is simply disrespectful. Like burning the American Flag in protest...it might be legal, and let's all hope it stays that way, but it darn sure isn't right! And, it darn sure disrespects a lot of folks who have given a ton to make sure it keeps flying.

Just me...

I've heard considerably worse...what the hell are all of you guys upset about. Save for the odd vocal inflection on "free" and reminding the audience that they're "brave" she was on...just over-singing as is the case with nearly anyone who does the anthem these days. Shes got quite the powerful voice.

Like burning the American Flag in protest...it might be legal, and let's all hope it stays that way, but it darn sure isn't right! And, it darn sure disrespects a lot of folks who have given a ton to make sure it keeps flying.

Just me...

That never used to happen 30 years ago, and it's definitely happening more now.

Edited by Quoner
  • Downvote 1

How do you get to be one of the nobodys with a good voice that gets to sing the Anthem for major sports? Do you send tapes, do they have "tree-outs", or what?

Please explain what a "tree-out" is?

Please explain what a "tree-out" is?

It's from The Longest Yard. Some of the inmates couldn't read and one guy was trying to read the flyer and mispronounced "try-outs".

And doesn't Macy Gray get booed every time she sings?

In regards to her rendition...all I can say is "Where the hell was George Teague when you needed him?".

That said, if you're gonna mess with The Star-Spangled Banner...do it right.

QRvVzaQ6i8A&hl

Kinda makes ya want to turn down the lights, invite a lady friend or two over, break out some Courvoisier, and pay respects to our country.

Edited by JayDub