Is The Hs "experiment"...

NCMeanGreen

I hope I am proven wrong, but looks like we truly have the worse team in the nation. Did ANYONE really expect it to be this bad? I know it may not be fair to judge the coaches in the first season of a major change...but never thought it would be THIS bad!

I thought for sure we would win. I NEVER would have guessed it would be that bad. That was not even respectable. So much for a "spread 'um out, high powered offense". Well, I did see the "offense"!

Maybe we should have gotten some coaches with real college experience????

I hope I am proven wrong, but looks like we truly have the worse team in the nation. Did ANYONE really expect it to be this bad? I know it may not be fair to judge the coaches in the first season of a major change...but never thought it would be THIS bad!

I thought for sure we would win. I NEVER would have guessed it would be that bad. That was not even respectable. So much for a "spread 'um out, high powered offense". Well, I did see the "offense"!

Maybe we should have gotten some coaches with real college experience????

No way. North Texas has been the topic with more people this year than ever before and in a positive way I may add. The great thing with this loss yesterday is that no one in Texas really knows who FIU was, that they were on some losing streak and that their last place offense beat us with a QB who got his first start ever. It was just a loss. I think we will see great strides this recruiting season and it's exciting to see what TD can do with a FULL recruiting season instead of just 38 days.

IT'S ALL GREEN AND ALL GOOD!

Rick

No way. North Texas has been the topic with more people this year than ever before and in a positive way I may add. The great thing with this loss yesterday is that no one in Texas really knows who FIU was, that they were on some losing streak and that their last place offense beat us with a QB who got his first start ever. It was just a loss. I think we will see great strides this recruiting season and it's exciting to see what TD can do with a FULL recruiting season instead of just 38 days.

IT'S ALL GREEN AND ALL GOOD!

Rick

That is the truth!

And I am very excited about the future, I can't wait to see this recruiting class.

I'm eager to see what Coach Dodge can do with a full recruiting season. But this was a terrible year, and I think it really puts pressure on him next year to produce results. Maybe not pressure from the school, but another season like this one and casual fans and the Dallas media will write him off.

I'm eager to see what Coach Dodge can do with a full recruiting season. But this was a terrible year, and I think it really puts pressure on him next year to produce results. Maybe not pressure from the school, but another season like this one and casual fans and the Dallas media will write him off.

Fair enough...

SI picked us to go 2-10 and everyone decided they knew nothing about football and just made up their results for non-BCS teams.

Same as the last two seasons, so not much has changed, yet! We had so many young players on the field with an entirely new system. I still contend that we need a new DC. Other than that, I'm still excited about the future.

All in all, BAD Season. I never expected a 7 game winning season but in the back of my mind I thought it would be better. I am pleased with the increased intrest, the increased ticket sales, fresh paint (uniforms and the stadium), recruiting and the offense. Some of the momentum was lost and things may not be as good as it could have been but things are far from lost. Coach Dodge's career in on the line, this is likely the make or break job for him. He will fix it. I don't think it makes any difference who you lose to, 2 - 10 is the same. Mark this down...The begining of next season the media will say something about the high powered offense and if the defense can turn around it will be a much better second season for Todd Dodge and the Mean Green. No one will care about last year as long as it gets better. The momentum will continue if the wins start. Coach knows he has to fix the defense no questions asked.

I expected 4-5 wins minimum. We probably could have made that but a couple games went south at the end. I thought TD would have the team playing better by the end of the season, and it seemed so after the WKU game, but Vizza and Co. took a major step backward against FIU. I'm very disappointed TD seems stubborn about making a change in DC. All preseason stats pointed to a strong returning defense but we had a complete collapse setting all-time NT records in points allowed while being last in 1-A, enough for any other program to warrant a change. I'm not hopeful about next season being much better with same. :(

You guys can keep getting your hopes up, but it'll take a while. Next year we won't be bowl eligible either. Hell, Tyrone Willingham is 11-25 after 3 years in Washington, but there is certainly bright hopes for him to complete the rebuilding process.

There is calls for him by the Seattle press to be replaced.

There is, but I don't think its a consensus.

BCS schools seem to be quicker these days to pull the trigger if things are not going good quick. Too many donor$ have the ear of their AD and put pressure to make changes. Few coaches get 3-4 years to turn around a BCS program.

BCS schools seem to be quicker these days to pull the trigger if things are not going good quick. Too many donor$ have the ear of their AD and put pressure to make changes. Few coaches get 3-4 years to turn around a BCS program.

That's true--but I don't think it's a good thing. Too often whatever progress has been made is eradicated, and it's back to square one with a new coach. I am disappointed in this season, but hopefully we can make significant progress in problem areas next year.

I expected 3 wins this season due to inexperience with the spread. But, I expected overall improvement as the season went on.

While the offense overachieved my expectations, the defense was worse than disappointing.

I am still very excited about having TD lead this team into the future. But, the defense has me really concerned going into next season.

Well I have to admit, I thought we would win 5 games with a new offense, a new attitude and a significant portion of our defense returning, so I was a little disappointed. However, I will go ahead and make a prediction on next season - if no changes are made in terms of the defensive staff, I don't think this team will win more than 3.

I did think NT would break even this year, with wins and loses.

I was disappointed in the "winnable" games that just

slipped out of our hands, or NT would be setting at

7-5. Maybe 8-4. A bounce of the ball here and there,

a little better defensive play, and we would all be

proud. None the less, I am impresed with Dodgeball.

At times, this team consistantly moved the chains,

and could score anytime they had the ball. I am very

impressed with the freshmen, and the red shirts that

played this year, as well as how the offense was rolling.

I am very excited for the future, and I firmly believe that

Coach Dodge is the guy that will turn North Texsa into a

winning program.

I thought we'd be 3-9 to 5-7. Never in my worst nightmare did I see us losing for FIU.

same here.

And not to be a sunshiner (as I'm all kinds of disgusted with what I've seen this seaso), but we damn near were right in the middle of that range. I think we should have won the FAU and Ark State games... that puts you at 4-8... and we were really in control of the SMU and Navy games until we fell apart defensively.

The FIU game is an embarassment, but the law of averages say at some point they were going to break that streak. What better time for them than the last game in their adopted stadium. It's just unfortunate it was against us. I didn't see the game as I was at the Big 12 game in SA (guess that makes me a candidate for bad fan of the week), but sounds like our guys didn't want to win as much as FIU didn't want to lose.

You guys can keep getting your hopes up, but it'll take a while. Next year we won't be bowl eligible either. Hell, Tyrone Willingham is 11-25 after 3 years in Washington, but there is certainly bright hopes for him to complete the rebuilding process.

And Washington does not play in the Sun Belt.