LSU (3/19/24)

4 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Really great game to watch last night. We got the W and the chance to keep playing. No reason why we can't keep doing this.

Our guys showed that they WANT to play basketball and get better. And it showed last night! 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Our guys showed that they WANT to play basketball and get better. And it showed last night! 

They definitely had more want to than LSU last night. Sissoko diving for that loose ball in the first half makes me hope the intensity level continues to increase during these games

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

They definitely had more want to than LSU last night. Sissoko diving for that loose ball in the first half makes me hope the intensity level continues to increase during these games

I respectfully must challenge your statement.  The announcers clearly had personal relationships with the LSU staff and they stated several times during the broadcast that the squad wanted to be there.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

9 hours ago, Aquila_Viridis said:

That is one of the great wins in NT basketball history, over an SEC team on the road in the postseason. I hope it is a sign of things to come.

Just hate to see all these empty arenas. Probably a mix of having less than 48 hours to sell and P6 fanbases not caring for the NIT anymore. I was surprised USF had the record they did and had to play UCF on the road. We had a similar record the past two years and had homecourt advantage.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I respectfully must challenge your statement.  The announcers clearly had personal relationships with the LSU staff and they stated several times during the broadcast that the squad wanted to be there.

LSU may have wanted to be there, but UNT clearly wanted it more

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Just hate to see all these empty arenas. Probably a mix of having less than 48 hours to sell and P6 fanbases not caring for the NIT anymore. I was surprised USF had the record they did and had to play UCF on the road. We had a similar record the past two years and had homecourt advantage.

Usually NIT attendance picks up as the tournament progresses.  Like you said, it's a mix of reasons...short turnaround, disappointment among fanbases, etc..

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Let build 3 more, one for mbb, one for wbb and a spare for random events

I still marvel that so many think that the legal ownership of the Spit is a significant factor in scheduling it's use.

The vast majority of all D1 basketball programs have a multi-use main basketball facility.  I know this particular discussion is due to the scheduling conflict mentioned in the NIT broadcast.   However, there is no guarantee and it is in fact likely that the same problem would exist if the Spit was an asset of the athletic department.  

You're missing the point that the Pit would remain, and could be used for whatever university events they wanted to while a new arena would have the freedom to heavily prioritize men and women's basketball.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

13 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Not as long as the players are picking the jerseys, which is clear that they are. They love the black jerseys.

Fact or your opinion?

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Fact or your opinion?

Opinion, but there is no other reason why we have seen the disproportionate amount of black compared to the other away jerseys.

Here's the breakdown for this year:

Black: 10

Green: 6

Grey: 4

Weirdly we wore the grey 3 times at home this year, and green would be 1 lower if we didn't wear them at home vs. SMU when we played them at home.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Not as long as the players are picking the jerseys, which is clear that they are. They love the black jerseys.

I love the greens, as you might have guessed. It's reminds me of the Celtics.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I love the greens, as you might have guessed. It's reminds me of the Celtics.

I love the green, but, oddly enough, never was a fan of the Celtics.

• Lovely Take 1

47 minutes ago, Green Otaku said:

Which is another reason we have no identity when it comes to recognizing us by uniform. Different game, different uniform. Our primary color is green not black.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Hunter Green said:

Which is another reason we have no identity when it comes to recognizing us by uniform. Different game, different uniform. Our primary color is green not black.

The only way to change it is to not offer the option. It's pretty clear the players love them for both FB and BB.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1