QB commit - Chandler Morris - transfer from TCU

This guy actually played at a P5 program…and started multiple years. How some are questioning this move is beyond me. Just be happy he chose to play here instead of another school. If he was the #1 target for Eric Morris, I’m certain he’ll put QB Morris’s talents on display this season. 

Just wondering…who would’ve been the choice between the Vanderbilt QB Seals and TCU Morris? Mine is Morris. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, GoGreenBeans said:

Who would’ve guessed that we got a QB commit and we’d have people who didn’t like the move. If Patrick Mahomes walked through that door we’d have fans saying it’s a bad move

I mean he is out of eligibility so we would likely get sanctioned by the NCAA. I would call that a bad move. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

I don’t get the negativity at all. Both Morris and Pavia were guys I’d have been thrilled with. Morris seems like an ideal fit for our system though. His career completion percentage is excellent. Should have a very effective offensive line and running game with all the weapons we added to those position groups to help take pressure off and protect him. Super excited to see him run this offense.

For Coach Morris to land the top (attainable) QB transfer target on my list - very impressed. Now let’s get a few DL transfers and do something next season!

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Have to keep him upright and healthy. 

My thoughts exactly.  

On a related matter. I had never heard of T.J. Finley before watching him in the bowl game. I thought "DAMN, now THERE is the perfect NT QB"....real big, strong armed, mobile, and almost indestructible.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

For Coach Morris to land the top (attainable) QB transfer target on my list - very impressed. 

The qualifier in () is maddening.

This kind of mindset is why NT fans should never expect anything more.  A 9-win season every once in a while, sandwiched between a bunch of 5 or 6-win seasons (or worse!).

Forgive some of us if we’re only “somewhat satisfied” instead of “very impressed”.   “Very impressed” would be for Cam Ward to come to Denton instead of Miami.

Morris lost his job on a struggling team to a true Freshman.  We’d better hope Cash McCollum is the real deal.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

33 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This kind of mindset is why NT fans should never expect anything more.  A 9-win season every once in a while, sandwiched between a bunch of 5 or 6-win seasons (or worse!).

Forgive some of us if we’re only “somewhat satisfied” instead of “very impressed”.   “Very impressed” would be for Cam Ward to come to Denton instead of Miami.

Morris lost his job on a struggling team to a true Freshman.  We’d better hope Cash McCollum is the real deal.

I know you're a great Mean Green fan, but really hope that someday you're able to get rid of your hate for anything Coach Morrison seems to do.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I know you’re plugged in enough to get that the very top flight QB’s in the transfer portal are not going to G5 schools. At the top end it’s purely an NIL play for those guys. Still lots of good talent at QB - we happened to get one I think. There is a strata, like it or not, about what type of player is “attainable” for non-P5 programs with the portal/NIL. Don’t like it but it doesn’t change reality.

0 chance a guy like Cam Ward is coming to Denton off a season like he just had and the interest garnered on the open market. Miami is paying dudes serious cash now.

Give me a realistic “Come to Denton Cam” pitch.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

“Very impressed” would be for Cam Ward to come to Denton instead of Miami.

Sit the bar pretty high there sir. Hopefully you don’t sit the bar that high for everything in life. You are going to live a life full of disappointment. 

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Morris lost his job on a struggling team to a true Freshman.  

Morris injured his MCL. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

I am happy that we now have Morris as our quarterback and our offense “complete”.  Our offense has really never been the problem, it is our defense, literally the worst in the nation. There is a reason that they say defense wins championships and we don’t have one.  Let’s hope that changes!

Edited by Cooke County Kid
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

We don't exactly have the best track with P5 QB transfers named Morris.  Let's hope this one fares a little better.

I assume you're talking about Alec Morris?  It's not like he was a bust.  It's just that Mason Fine exploded on the scene.

And if the same thing happens with next fall's P5 transfer and new freshman on the scene, I'll be just fine with it.

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

We don't exactly have the best track with P5 QB transfers named Morris.  Let's hope this one fares a little better.

One of the biggest mistakes Seth ever made was burning Mason’s red shirt. We win the bowl game Morris is MVP!

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

40 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Are you fn kidding me? If the next Morris comes in and loses to another freshman like the first time, I think we’d be alright!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

Just wondering…who would’ve been the choice between the Vanderbilt QB Seals and TCU Morris? Mine is Morris. 

TCU chose Ken Seals with two years of eligibility left. 

I hope we made the right choice. I’ll be rooting for both Chandler and Ken next year. 

IMG_2853.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

8 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Sit the bar pretty high there sir. Hopefully you don’t sit the bar that high for everything in life. You are going to live a life full of disappointment. 

Morris injured his MCL. 

Being “impressed” would be to do something we weren’t expecting (in a good way).  “Very impressed” would be beyond that.   Maybe I just have a different definition of that than others.

The most important ability is availability.

I’m rooting for Morris & Morris.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

One of the biggest mistakes Seth ever made was burning Mason’s red shirt. We win the bowl game Morris is MVP!

If Seth doesn’t burn that redshirt we don’t even get to 5 wins that season to be able to back in to the bowl game on APR.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1