Millwood Linebacker Micho Lavine Announces Decommitment from North Texas

TheReal_jayD

Millwood Ath Micho Lavine announced his decommitment Saturday night from North Texas. It frees up another spot in the 2024 signing class as Head Coach Eric Morris looks to revamp this Mean Green line up. I am hearing from sources that this offer was pulled. I do not know the specifics currently. Lavine was being recruited as a linebacker for North Texas.

image.png

https://www.patreon.com/posts/extra-spot-for-93983217?utm_medium=clipboard_copy&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=postshare_creator&utm_content=join_link

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

“Frees up” another spot for a class that isn’t filled. Maybe they will offer another TE or WR!! At some point we should stop believe this spin about pulled offers and starters encouraged to look elsewhere. 🙄

• Upvote 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 6
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 hours ago, 97and03 said:

“Frees up” another spot for a class that isn’t filled. Maybe they will offer another TE or WR!! At some point we should stop believe this spin about pulled offers and starters encouraged to look elsewhere. 🙄

Which offer are you referring to that you don’t believe was pulled? 

tell me more the office GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

I can see some of the people currently here being told to look elsewhere.  However, I find it very hard to believe that current HS Seniors, recruited by this staff, are being told to look elsewhere.  With ALL of the portal hits, and now decommits, this IS becoming worrisome. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Could be for many reasons. The young man from SOC slid to ULM. Tells me there was potentially an issue on his end. Could be the same here. You never know. I don’t like the optics of it, but it could be for the best. Let’s see where he lands. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Go through their recent offers and it’s probably 70/30 split defense to offense. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Some just complain to complain. No need trying to bring up reasoning. 

Re-read his concern. It wasn't just about offers being pulled but also about players being told to go elsewhere. I understand we had a bad defense but seeing a guy like Logan Wilson hit the portal and then get a BIG12 offer doesn't exactly sit well when he was also an all conference honorable mention just a year ago. I don't know if he was one who was told to hit the road but none of this "process" is making sense right now so people are going to be skeptical.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

30 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Logan Wilson getting an offer from BIG 12 Houston who didn’t have a head coach till this morning and had staffers throwing out offers to every one and their dog?? What other offer does Logan Wilson have… Ball State.. 

we have only pulled two offers to my knowledge. A 5’10 Lber who everyone on the board was complaining about prior.. and a RB we were going to try to develop into a LBer who is injured. We took an injure lber last year from Oklahoma. I can see why you don’t want to spen two scholarships on project linebackers rehabbing. Need spots available for guys who can help. 

I don't mind the pulled offers to HS players but telling starters to hit the road is a weird one. Are we really going to act like Logan Wilson is the reason this defense was bad?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I don't mind the pulled offers to HS players but telling starters to hit the road is a weird one. Are we really going to act like Logan Wilson is the reason this defense was bad?

Idk the details. But this will be Wilson’s 4th college and the fact teams aren’t knocking down his doors is telling. Maybe more to story. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Idk the details. But this will be Wilson’s 4th college and the fact teams aren’t knocking down his doors is telling. Maybe more to story. 

That's a fair point but I view it as losing a veteran voice in the secondary. Out of all the changes the defense needs, he's not the one I felt was dire to upgrade unless they just feel the young guys will do better with his snaps and they're using a scholarship on a different position in the defense. Regardless, secondary depth is necessary in any defensive scheme. It worries me to think of how thin we'll be in the back 5 if somebody goes down.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 1:24 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

Let's put it nicely. If he gets an offer elsewhere it's for one of two reasons. Either the coaches from the other team have failed to watch game film, or he has brought an absolute shitload of Dr Pepper with him through the portal.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

On 12/3/2023 at 4:39 PM, Side.Show.Joe said:

The simple truth is that this coaching staff needs a big defensive recruiting win to appease the fan base. Morris kept Caponi, and fans are going to remain skeptical of the leadership until they are given a reason to actually believe things are getting fixed. So right now, any defensive recruit that backs out of his commitment is going to be a bad look for our staff. Morris' honeymoon period is over. A large segment of our fans are not interested in hearing what will be done to fix our defense. And many aren't interested in cryptic assumptions regarding what might be going on behind the scenes. They want tangible evidence, like a big-time defensive player committing to the Mean Green. 

If this coaching staff is gearing any of their recruiting to "appease the fan base," they all need to be fired.  Sign the players that are going to help this team win, regardless of what the armchair QBs think about them.

• Upvote 7

I guess we will never know the particular circumstances, but it does seem odd that our coaching staff would evaluate a player, think highly enough of them to offer a scholarship, have the player commit their acceptance (publicly/verbally) and then later that same coaching staff says, "ummm, never mind."  What does this practice do to the relationships with HS coaches we're told are so important to our recruiting efforts?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, keith said:

I guess we will never know the particular circumstances, but it does seem odd that our coaching staff would evaluate a player, think highly enough of them to offer a scholarship, have the player commit their acceptance (publicly/verbally) and then later that same coaching staff says, "ummm, never mind."  What does this practice do to the relationships with HS coaches we're told are so important to our recruiting efforts?

So a player can decommit and move on and everyone's supposed to be okay but the school makes a decision not to continue with their offer and something's wrong with them? How do we know the young man didn't do or say something?

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So a player can decommit and move on and everyone's supposed to be okay but the school makes a decision not to continue with their offer and something's wrong with them? How do we know the young man didn't do or say something?

I did say we may never know the particular circumstances, but I don't think comparing the decisions of a 17/18 year old teenager to the decisions of adults who are professionals in the field and paid handsomely for their experience and expertise are quite the same.  Maybe the coaching staff should post a red puzzle piece every time they pull an offer and we can all speculate who it is and what they did.

• Upvote 2