Expect Low Attendance

rojomojo

My fraternity just canceled our tailgate for tomorrow. Rumor is that many frats will be cancelling as well. I saw that the athletic department is giving away free t shirts to the first 500 students, however I am not confident 500 students will show up...

You're not going to get students walk across miles of asphalt and uncovered areas just to watch UNT football... Tomorrow will be a day that greatly displays the negative aspects of NIMBY stadium projects and the impacts they have on collegiate demographics. 

• Haha 3
  • RV 1
  • Confused 3
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 20
  • Puking Eagle 1

High of 58 degrees and 100% rain and thunderstorms even if we had a winning record the attendance would be low. Tomorrow's attendance will make the last home game look like a packed house.  They might be lucky to have 500 fans. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Forecast has consistently shown the rain will clear around kickoff.

Radar trends are backing that up.  Clearing line is now from central Dallas through south Fort Worth to around Granbury and moving north as a warm front passes.  Once that front lifts north, we should have temps in the 60's and 70's and muggy with maybe a few brief showers by game time.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Loser mentality can be contagious.  Show up if you can.  Watch on TV if you can’t.  Wear your green. Don’t let ‘em getcha.  We are the gotdamn EAGLES!!

Fall Running GIF by UltimateTagAU

Go to the friggin' game!  You run thru a brick wall if you have to!  Whatever it takes!

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, rojomojo said:

My fraternity just canceled our tailgate for tomorrow. Rumor is that many frats will be cancelling as well. I saw that the athletic department is giving away free t shirts to the first 500 students, however I am not confident 500 students will show up...

You're not going to get students walk across miles of asphalt and uncovered areas just to watch UNT football... Tomorrow will be a day that greatly displays the negative aspects of NIMBY stadium projects and the impacts they have on collegiate demographics. 

I believe it's safe to say you are the most pathetic poster in the history of gomeangreen.com. I have empathy for the pathetic life you must live where you're only joy seems to be from trying to cut down North texas. As I say you are a pathetic individual and a great example of how getting clicks is the most important thing on this board or you would have long been banned

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Pledging ain't what it used to be. 

We would have told the pledges they had to be in the stands all four quarters otherwise they should plan to get a 2am phone call invite to a brotherhood pledge encouragement session.

I forget how soft we've become as a society.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3

59 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

Radar trends are backing that up.  Clearing line is now from central Dallas through south Fort Worth to around Granbury and moving north as a warm front passes.  Once that front lifts north, we should have temps in the 60's and 70's and muggy with maybe a few brief showers by game time.

I hope you are correct. I think a dry ball will be better for us either way. NOAA has said rain all day in denton since midweek. 

Denton:

Today
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 4pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. High near 60. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tonight
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1am. Low around 45. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Sunday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 4pm, then showers likely. Temperature falling to around 43 by 4pm. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

5 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I hope you are correct. I think a dry ball will be better for us either way. NOAA has said rain all day in denton since midweek. 

Denton:

Today
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 4pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. High near 60. North northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Tonight
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1am. Low around 45. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Sunday
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 4pm, then showers likely. Temperature falling to around 43 by 4pm. North wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

One thing I don't like about NWS's area forecasts is they are too generalized and not specific enough as to time of location.  Rain will clear Denton by 1:00 if not sooner

This shows clearly the trend:

https://www.wfaa.com/myownradar

Edited by Texas Stranger
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

One thing I don't like about NWS's area forecasts is they are too generalized and not specific enough as to time of location.  Rain will clear Denton by 1:00 if not sooner

This shows clearly the trend:

https://www.wfaa.com/myownradar

It might turn into perfect football weather—a high of 60 with light winds.