Huge Official Visit Weekend for North Texas (Official Visit List Included)

TheReal_jayD

• TheReal_jayD changed the title to Huge Official Visit Weekend for North Texas (Official Visit List Included)
  • TheReal_jayD pinned this topic
42 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

If last staff did real measurements KD Davis was closer to 5’10 than 6’. Brandon Garner was listed as 5’11 and had a great career also. And neither had half the offers that Brandon Jones has received. 

Not worried about the height. But we continually talk about being undersized and how this 3-3-5 system needs larger LB. The kid is a player but he would still be considered severely undersized if he added 40 lbs. 

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, UNT Family Man said:

Not worried about the height. But we continually talk about being undersized and how this 3-3-5 system needs larger LB. The kid is a player but he would still be considered severely undersized if he added 40 lbs. 

if he can add the weight like Garner and Davis did he will be fine and probably projects at the WLB position. If not he can slide in to one of the safety positions. That’s where most of his big offers are for S. A lot like KD Davis we beat out Illinois for him at the end. They were offering him at safety. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Cody Spencer was. Hurd was a walk on, so probably so.

Yep Cody Spencer played ILB at Grapevine High School. I went to school with him and the guy was an absolute unit. Us freshman hauled ass away from him on “Bow Down To Senior Day”. I distinctly remember one guy hiding in the bathroom until after the bell rang. Rumor had it he shat himself. 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

18 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

5’11, 170# Linebacker?

I don't think kids stop growing when they make their 247 profiles. If it makes you feel better, On3 and MaxPreps show him as 6'1" and 190/195. Don't know what's accurate but I see no reason to believe 247's measurements over those other 2 services. 

https://www.on3.com/db/brandon-jones-152119/

https://www.maxpreps.com/tx/dallas/south-oak-cliff-bears/athletes/brandon-jones/?careerid=itfrqaq2khsbb

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, southsideguy said:

if you do take HS players you are just training for the big school to buy.

If you’re recruiting that caliber of athlete and training them up, your program will be winning lots of games in the American, despite transfers out.

I’ll also add, in reference to size of these athletes, with a good strength and nutrition program these guys can put on or take off a lot of weight between now and fall camp.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

I was reading the top paid qb is getting 3.2 million.   College Football is dead.  Maybe the NCAA separates because most schools cant compete with kinda of money.  Semi pro football at the power conferences.

Knowing this type of stuff makes it difficult to give to the university in any capacity. And, youre right, it is dead. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

On 9/25/2023 at 8:51 AM, southsideguy said:

I was reading the top paid qb is getting 3.2 million.   College Football is dead.  Maybe the NCAA separates because most schools cant compete with kinda of money.  Semi pro football at the power conferences.

This needs to happen. That G5s allowed themselves to be bought off without getting any real chance at a national title is so very, very sad. Heck, that ought to include another third or Half of the P5s, too. Just ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

• Harry unpinned this topic