Spectrum Cable Sucks

El Paso Eagle

I don't think it is a coincidence at all, that these fights always errupt at the beginning of CFB season. Disney is trying to leverage that to get higher prizes because people call in pissed off. Meanwhile what is "fair" is very much in the eye of the beholder. Its not like Spectrum is a nice company either, as anyone who has ever had to try to cancel a service with them through their "customer service" knows (should be called customer incarceration).

But I would assume with cord cutting being a very real thing, these cable providers are less and less willing to allow ESPN/Disney to bump up the prizes of their subscription, for fear of losing more folks to the non-cable services. That said, if you look similar stuff also has happened end of august with the streaming providers at times. So -sadly - this kind of stuff will not disapear with the cable providers.

• Upvote 5

We just painted the exterior of our house and it looks like the painters cut our Frontier cable and multiple places. We still have solid internet but no cable TV. I had a guy come out from Frontier to look at the situation and he actually told me to switch to YouTube TV. He said use Frontier for internet but to utilize YouTube TV as he said it was the best cable option. Guy said he had been in the industry for 30 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

We just painted the exterior of our house and it looks like the painters cut our Frontier cable and multiple places. We still have solid internet but no cable TV. I had a guy come out from Frontier to look at the situation and he actually told me to switch to YouTube TV. He said use Frontier for internet but to utilize YouTube TV as he said it was the best cable option. Guy said he had been in the industry for 30 years.

How do you still have internet if they cut the cable lines?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Youtube might be the best cable option but not the best cable sports option.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All About UNT said:

I have YouTubeTV with the sports package. It's all on there. Just about all of it. Conference networks, all of the ESPN's, soccer trash, NFL, MLB, NBC, ABC, CBS, etc. It's all there. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, meanrob said:

How is it switching between channels? 

Easy. Keeps your most watched channels sort of qued at the top of the screen. If you want to surf, one click one to live TV and scroll downward as you would with Dish. Can record and save infinite programs or related programs. I have it on auto record all televised AAC games this season in the event I miss a game that I would've liked to have watched. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

FuboTV is the best bet for sports streaming in my opinion.

Yes. And they even let you cut it off for 6 months when football is over and you don't need it. 

51 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Just signed up for Sling.  I think it's bigger bang for the buck.  I get everything sports except for CBSSN for ~ $55.  FUBO wants $70+

Sling is just absolute trash when it comes to their apps for me. Apple TV, Roku TV, internet streaming...they even sent me some special offer once which included their own smart TV device and that was somehow worse. You get what you pay for with them in my experience. I've tried Hulu, Youtube TV, and Fubo and they all have worked without issue. Personally I go with Fubo, but I feel you can't go wrong with any of those 3. 

Edited by Coffee and TV
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Yes. And they even let you cut it off for 6 months when football is over and you don't need it. 

Sling is just absolute trash when it comes to their apps for me. Apple TV, Roku TV, internet streaming...they even sent me some special offer once which included their own smart TV device and that was somehow worse. You get what you pay for with them in my experience. I've tried Hulu, Youtube TV, and Fubo and they all have worked without issue. Personally I go with Fubo, but I feel you can't go wrong with any of those 3. 

My Sling experience has been flawless.  I watch via Apple TV and internet streams.

• Upvote 1

I used to have Spectrum and can confirm, it sucks. Switched to DirecTV Stream 6+ months ago and love it. You can stream it from a device or they do offer a "box" with a remote that mimics a traditional cable set up (I opted for this). There are better deals to be had, but this has everything I want still $10 - $20 cheaper than traditional cable.

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Just signed up for Sling.  I think it's bigger bang for the buck.  I get everything sports except for CBSSN for ~ $55.  FUBO wants $70+

I can’t argue that. It definitely costs some money but it is one of, if not the only, place I can get the Astros and Rangers games. I also do redzone during the NFL season so it costs me even more.