Looks like ACC about to add SMUt Cal and Stanford

Ok, I think the ACC presidents postponed their meeting to today (couldn't do it yesterday because of the active shooter situation at UNC). With the CFP committee meeting on Wednesday to discuss potential changes, one would think the ACC either decides to add today or otherwise not at all.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

Also, prominent donors have already earmarked over $100m for the next several years contingent upon ACC invitation.

"earmarked"

I hereby pledge $500m to UNT Athletics.

I hope they come through on those pledges when you consistently lose to everyone but BC, Wake, and GT. 

Congrats on potentially becoming the Rutgers of the ACC!  Will you both end up in the MAC within ten years or will it happen sooner?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

14 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

"earmarked"

I hereby pledge $500m to UNT Athletics.

I hope they come through on those pledges when you consistently lose to everyone but BC, Wake, and GT. 

Congrats on potentially becoming the Rutgers of the ACC!  Will you both end up in the MAC within ten years or will it happen sooner?

Difference here is we actually have billionaires who can do it (and already have their names on buildings around campus).

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Difference here is we actually have billionaires who can do it (and already have their names on buildings around campus).

Exactly.  NTSU graduates mostly bartenders and teachers so they just don't get it.   The only names they have on anything are on their uniforms at work:

iap_640x640.5243678317_7gsip8zq.webp.d7e916d5e2337a5dd8ebb4bce91dceff.webp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 4

33 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Billionaires can become paupers overnight and the pride always comes before the fall. 
The dollar is precariously hanging by a thread so be careful boasting about your money men. 
Listen, you’re over here on our board really for no other reason than to boast, and brag about the possibility of smu buying their way into the ACC. I personably think you have some issues you need to work out. You can start by heading back over to your fan board and join in on the conversation with your fans. Being over here speaks volumes about your lack of integrity.

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

11 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

Billionaires can become paupers overnight and the pride always comes before the fall. 
The dollar is precariously hanging by a thread so be careful boasting about your money men. 
Listen, you’re over here on our board really for no other reason than to boast, and brag about the possibility of smu buying their way into the ACC. I personably think you have some issues you need to work out. You can start by heading back over to your fan board and join in on the conversation with your fans. Being over here speaks volumes about your lack of integrity.

Feel pretty confident that the money guys aren't monitoring the value of the dollar.  Economy will be just fine.  Guys like David Miller and Clark Hunt have amassed phenomenal fortunes.  Thankfully for SMU they are generous men.

I personally hope we keep UNT on the schedule.  Unlike the cowards in FW I do think its a good thing for the region for SMU, TCU, and UNT to play each other.  Odds are TCU will never play North Texas, especially if they are trying to get an 8 game home schedule like Diabetes Dykes has been throwing out there.

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, mustangfan said:

Exactly.  NTSU graduates mostly bartenders and teachers so they just don't get it.   The only names they have on anything are on their uniforms at work:

When I read this, all I can see in my head is this clip. This is how SMU sees all UNT students/alum.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxdsPF9TK6qjfCJLl9FWsQZr01Sr7oGEP2?si=N8kI8O_R666nqTZk

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Feel pretty confident that the money guys aren't monitoring the value of the dollar.  Economy will be just fine.  Guys like David Miller and Clark Hunt have amassed phenomenal fortunes.  Thankfully for SMU they are generous men.

I personally hope we keep UNT on the schedule.  Unlike the cowards in FW I do think its a good thing for the region for SMU, TCU, and UNT to play each other.  Odds are TCU will never play North Texas, especially if they are trying to get an 8 game home schedule like Diabetes Dykes has been throwing out there.

So you like flashing the names of Miller and Clark on a public forum. I’m sure they are grateful to you for sharing  with everyone on GMG about their phenomenal fortunes. 

Listen friend. How much money do you give each year to the smu athletic fund? You sure like bragging about others and their wealth. 

Also, unlike some on this board I am able to see right thru your patronizing, condescending and insincere remark about keeping UNT on the smu schedule. 

Run on now. You’ve peed in your pants. 

• Upvote 2

Why doesn't FSU say "ok we'll let SMU in....they just have to pay each school $10 mil per year for the next 5 years to join." SMU has shown they'll do whatever it takes. Seems like easy money. Take advantage of their desperation.

And like others, I call BS on the "donors have pledged 100s of millions of dollars." Why would someone flush money down the toilet like that. The ACC won't be around in a few years. SMU will never see  year 7 of their non revenue ACC membership. Clemson, FSU, etc will be on to the 30-40 team big college football association. SMU will be right back where they are now. I mean I get, "nothing to lose, try it." But really rich people generally invest their money into sure things. This is the furthest thing from it...

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Why doesn't FSU say "ok we'll let SMU in....they just have to pay each school $10 mil per year for the next 5 years to join." SMU has shown they'll do whatever it takes. Seems like easy money. Take advantage of their desperation.

And like others, I call BS on the "donors have pledged 100s of millions of dollars." Why would someone flush money down the toilet like that. The ACC won't be around in a few years. SMU will never see  year 7 of their non revenue ACC membership. Clemson, FSU, etc will be on to the 30-40 team big college football association. SMU will be right back where they are now. I mean I get, "nothing to lose, try it." But really rich people generally invest their money into sure things. This is the furthest thing from it...

Money can not and will never be able to buy Wisdom. 

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

So you like flashing the names of Miller and Clark on a public forum. I’m sure they are grateful to you for sharing  with everyone on GMG about their phenomenal fortunes. 

Listen friend. How much money do you give each year to the smu athletic fund? You sure like bragging about others and their wealth. 

Also, unlike some on this board I am able to see right thru your patronizing, condescending and insincere remark about keeping UNT on the smu schedule. 

Run on now. You’ve peed in your pants. 

NIL I'm in for $300/month.  Not a mega donor by any means.

Season tickets for football and basketball for the last 15 years.  Stopped donating to the Mustang Club when NIL became a thing.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The ACC Grant of Rights runs through 2036.  Remember everyone who said the Big 12 was DOA after Texas/OU left?  Guess what?  They expanded and survived.  Same thing will happen with the ACC.

And you can call BS on the $100m all you want.  Matters not if you believe it 🙂

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

I don't think anyone is questioning your figures, it just seems like a rather large number all things considered.  I would not stand against you on it, just seems rather large when compared to ours or what we have been accustomed to.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, SMU2006 said:

Turn the basement light off and go to bed.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

The ACC Grant of Rights runs through 2036.  Remember everyone who said the Big 12 was DOA after Texas/OU left?  Guess what?  They expanded and survived.  Same thing will happen with the ACC.

Why are you still here? Do you need us to tell you, hey man…you’re really cool and SMU is awesome? Because we don’t believe you are cool and that your university is awesome. Quite the opposite. We love our North Texas Mean Green and you can try all you want in your patronizing manner to try and make us feel inferior but son let me tell you, it won’t work. I would respect your school a lot more if they would remove “Methodist” from your name. It’s a disgrace. 
So, what don’t you have in your life that you are desperately seeking. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, mustangfan said:

Well. there it is. Thanks coming over, have a safe trip back up the stairs. Did you hear your mom calling,it is almost suppertime?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

But... why are you here? 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, outoftown said:

Ok, I think the ACC presidents postponed their meeting to today (couldn't do it yesterday because of the active shooter situation at UNC). With the CFP committee meeting on Wednesday to discuss potential changes, one would think the ACC either decides to add today or otherwise not at all.

Dallas Morning News article says no ACC meeting rescheduled yet.  The ACC Commissioner and other conference leaders will be in Dallas tomorrow for the CFP Meetings.