PAC18. Interesting

2 hours ago, NT80 said:

This guy is just bait-clicking new tweets daily to see reactions.  He has no credibility or actual factual sources.  He is an Oregon State fan that wants them to be included in some P5 (made up) conference and not become just part of the MWC.

Got plenty of time to smoke dope and daydream and create conspiracies when you can't pump your own gas.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

So if the ACC officially turns down Stanford and Cal this week the best option is for the PAC 4 to join the AAC. Aresco has stated that he has worked out scheduling to their satisfaction , which is rumored to be playing OSU,WSU,SMU,Rice,Tulane,Temple, Navy, and USF every year. The rest of us with coodies will be allowed to rotate one program in annually. As in Animal House," all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." How does that make you feel?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wardly said:

So if the ACC officially turns down Stanford and Cal this week the best option is for the PAC 4 to join the AAC. Aresco has stated that he has worked out scheduling to their satisfaction , which is rumored to be playing OSU,WSU,SMU,Rice,Tulane,Temple, Navy, and USF every year. The rest of us with coodies will be allowed to rotate one program in annually. As in Animal House," all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." How does that make you feel?

Association by name-only is still an association.   If UNT can advertise they are in a sports conference with Stanford that alone is worth valuable marketing to the school.  I would be fine with it. 

But I just don't think Stanford will take the bait.  I think they go Indy and wait out other openings that will be coming at the P5 level.  They don't care what happens to Oregon State or Washington State.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ADLER said:

Like I know the difference between Animal House and Animal Farm even though the horse sadly died in both.

"That boy is a P I G Pig" is also not a reference to Bluto walking on two legs.

I meant Animal Farm. Gee, what a senior moment. Oh well.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, wardly said:

Actually probably 2 lessor animals get privilege of playing the' elite eight " once every 3 years. Also I meant Animal Farm, not Animal House. AT 80 I get a senior moment now and again. Time for Bluto's road trip.

• Upvote 2

I don't know what to think.  OS_Beaver fan has disappeared and MHver3 has started to go in completely different directions.  I am beginning to worry that these are just sock puppets who have no real care other than clicks.

I am resigned to the fact that the PAC is dead, and absolutely no one is going to pay an exit fee to join a conference without a major media company backing them.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, cousin oliver said:

I don't know what to think.  OS_Beaver fan has disappeared and MHver3 has started to go in completely different directions.  I am beginning to worry that these are just sock puppets who have no real care other than clicks.

I am resigned to the fact that the PAC is dead, and absolutely no one is going to pay an exit fee to join a conference without a major media company backing them.

Check out Trey Smith's Monday podcast.

19 minutes ago, ADLER said:

OSU and WSU think that even with Stanford going elsewhere (they will), that the AAC members should still disband our whole conference, and sacrifice a few member schools, just so they can retain the PAC name. That's in spite of the facts that the PAC has no media contract, no bowl contracts, and since they've retained fewer than 5 together, no auto-bid to the NCAA tourney.

As Jar-Jar said in Animal House, "Meesa thinks they be in some deep doo-doo".

In all honesty I think the best thing for OSU and WSU is to join the MWC. While their media contract is $5 or $6 million per year less than the AAC the difference would be eaten up in travel expenses.

1 hour ago, wardly said:

In all honesty I think the best thing for OSU and WSU is to join the MWC. While their media contract is $5 or $6 million per year less than the AAC the difference would be eaten up in travel expenses.

Should/Could they join the AAC for football only?

7 hours ago, NT80 said:

But I just don't think Stanford will take the bait.  I think they go Indy and wait out other openings that will be coming at the P5 level.

How does this work? Money aside, they're just going to depend on playing a school in a conference with a media deal to be televised? Going independent and being seen still requires a media deal just like Notre Dame but how do they sign a media deal and then bounce to another conference in 2 to 3 years? They'd have to break the contract unless a network threw them a bone and gave them a short term deal.

How do they fill the schedule with only a year to do it? These OOC schedules are made years in advance. There's likely not enough FBS schools with open spots to replace the 8 or 9 conference games they'll be losing. Are they going to stick to playing smaller D2 or D3 schools and not be televised? They'll lose everybody to the transfer portal and will lose every recruiting battle if this happens. Might as well close up shop which, if that was the plan, they'd have done it already. They clearly don't want to. Stanford isn't going independent. There's not enough time to prepare. I can see them joining the AAC and then going independent in a few years when the AAC deal is up but not now. They're stuck needing a conference.

Honestly, if SMU would shut the f*ck up, this would probably already be figured out. Them joining the conversation and saying they'll pay X amount of millions to bounce has caused instability within the AAC. If the MWC and AAC bunker down and let the other 4 reach desperation levels, one or both conferences will likely gain a couple strong programs.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, ADLER said:

It could be a bitter pill for all to swallow. OSU and WSU just tried this past week to arrange the destruction of all but four of the MWC schools athletics programs. Now t's "We're sorry. Please let us join. We really didn't mean any harm when we tried to kill your programs" 

Nobody, except of course Hawaii and Utah State, deserves that. It would be karma for those two.

Why Utah State? They were in top 25 a few years ago when they kicked out butts in the New Mexico Bowl.

IF this is true, I have a couple of comments.  My first comment is...Why are we paying the MWC exit fees?  If the league doesn't start until 2025 there shouldn't be any exit fees.  As I understand it, even if the MWC votes to have exit fees in 2025 it shouldn't apply to those who have given a one year's notice. 

My second is...who is going to pay us for the thousands spent advertising our new logo?  Probably all of the five other new members have done the same.  I think the PAC 4 can afford to reimburse us since they now receive millions because they kept the PAC name going.  Also, the PAC members will receive a larger share amount while our share will be reduced.

I'll believe this will happen when I actually see it.  If it doesn't happen, I'd welcome Cal, Oregon State and Washington State to the American Conference and the MWC members as well.