He is gone.

4 hours ago, Meangreen2007 said:

Deeply saddening news.  Even my girlfriend teared up about this and she isn't really even into sports that much.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

I might have not been paying close enough attention prior to the speculation or maybe it was the ESPN+ coverage, but does it seem like Mac has been letting Hodge do more huddle coaching lately? I know he's always been active and coaching in the huddle, but recently it seems like it's happening more often.  Almost like Mac is handing the team to him. This could be a perception thing and not true.  Just curious if it was just me?

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Can we play the game tonight before getting into all of this? Typical NT, we can’t enjoy anything without the sky falling. It is what it is but let’s enjoy the game. 

for eff's sake you all have me championing and agreeing with UNTLifer. I don't like that. so stop and just enjoy tonight. dummies. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I would just say this about the story.It's another case of a news station being assholes. I know they could care less about North Texas but a group of chicken shits that have to try and break a story the night before we play for a Championship game is BS

Yes very trashy.  Lots of their fans’ disappointment about the hire is even more salt in the wound.  Such is life though. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

14 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

Yes very trashy.  Lots of their fans’ disappointment about the hire is even more salt in the wound.  Such is life though. 

I'm not seeing a lot of disappointment from them at all.  They seem pretty excited about him.   Mostly some frustration with how long he's delayed to them due to staying alive.   "We're missing out on recruiting portal guys!..."

• Eye Roll 1

So 2 thoughts on Hodge....

1. Could he make more money as an asst at TTech than HC here? (I'm going to assume Mac would try to keep him and do the "I don't come unless my D coordinator comes.")

2. On the other hand, the fact that this IS the worst kept secret in America and the team has not let it distract them tells me that perhaps they all know something we don't....maybe they've already been told "Mac is leaving, Hodge is your next HC, we'll announce it after the tourney. The system stays, and we keep on rolling."

Two opposites...either one could be true

**additional thought: If your Hodge, does going to a big12 school as an assistant outweigh taking over this program when it comes to taking the next leap? What has more risk if your Hodge? 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1