Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Bryce English in Portal


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

So we got him in the summer of 2017, has done nothing, and is in the portal? I completely forgot he was on the team LMAO

Same here. That cats got 9 Lives 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

English has the extremely rare 7th year of eligibility. He already had the 6th year of eligibility due to fall camp injuries in 2015, the extra year given to everyone due to Covid is the bonus 7th year 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

So we got him in the summer of 2017, has done nothing, and is in the portal? I completely forgot he was on the team LMAO

He wasn’t on the roster this season and he was part of Littrell’s first recruiting class so we got him in spring 2016 but I think he had to sit a year.

I’m honestly shocked he still has two years to play. He redshirted in 2015 at KState, sat out 2016 due to transfer rules, sat out 2017 due to injury, played 2018 and 2019, and then he sat out 2020. So his 5 to play 4 clock was already spent after 2019 but I firs due to injuries and Covid they are allowing him 8 to play 4. I hope he gets a masters out of this.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

He wasn’t on the roster this season and he was part of Littrell’s first recruiting class so we got him in spring 2016 but I think he had to sit a year.

I’m honestly shocked he still has two years to play. He redshirted in 2015 at KState, sat out 2016 due to transfer rules, sat out 2017 due to injury, played 2018 and 2019, and then he sat out 2020. So his 5 to play 4 clock was already spent after 2019 but I firs due to injuries and Covid they are allowing him 8 to play 4. I hope he gets a masters out of this.

His father also had cancer, which he applied for a hardship waiver which allowed an extra year for him. Think that’s part of why he technically had two years of eligibility left heading into this year. Crazy.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked him on Twitter how he still had eligibility left since he graduated high school in the 90s. Hope he responds. 😉

  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

His father also had cancer, which he applied for a hardship waiver which allowed an extra year for him. Think that’s part of why he technically had two years of eligibility left heading into this year. Crazy.

Thanks man, I had forgotten about that.

26 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I asked him on Twitter how he still had eligibility left since he graduated high school in the 90s. Hope he responds. 😉

Please tell me that you are joking and you really didn’t talk  mess to a former player that helped Seth build his first class here. He didn’t end up being a contributor on the field like we thought he would but he did some good things around campus as a student at our university.

  • Upvote 7
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Thanks man, I had forgotten about that.

Please tell me that you are joking and you really didn’t talk  mess to a former player that helped Seth build his first class here. He didn’t end up being a contributor on the field like we thought he would but he did some good things around campus as a student at our university.

I did it with an emoji so it was clear it was teasing. Also said I was sad we never got to see him shine here. All in good fun. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

That's all that matters when you give someone a scholarship worth tens of thousands of dollars. Perform on field or get out.

Dude, there are a ton of players on scholly who never get on the field, but their contribution in practice, film and preparation are as key to winning as anybody else on the team. Plus, they get a free education. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really believe this kid decided a long time ago he was done with football but would ride it out for a free education. I guess he’s wanting a masters degree! 

Edited by MeanGreen01
Link to post
Share on other sites

Only a guess, but NT probably won't renew his ship.  He may have graduated by now.

I have no reason to believe that the issue was anything other than injuries.  Hopefully, he can find a place to contribute and maybe even be a star player. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.