Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
CMJ

Rice (2/1/20)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

It’s called being objective in my observations versus jumping off a cliff like you do any time something goes amiss with North Texas.  It’s like you just sit there in whatever Central American country you call home just waiting to sling shit like the monkeys at the local zoo. 

shocked expression GIF by HiSmileTeeth

  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

It’s called being objective in my observations versus jumping off a cliff like you do any time something goes amiss with North Texas.  It’s like you just sit there in whatever Central American country you call home just waiting to sling shit like the monkeys at the local zoo. 

Well thank you for acknowledging that I still follow the Mean Green when I am overseas. I was in Central America ten years ago but now I am in Central Asia. If you need a tutorial on the difference I am happy to assist. 
Second, can you please cite Mac’s second half regular season record the last two years? And can you give your reasoning for optimism despite those facts?

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, meanrob said:

We’re 8-1 and they’re 1-8 and you’re talking lay-offs? LAY-OFFS?!? DON’T TALK ABOUT LAY-OFFS.....LAY-OFFS???

Well, at least I wasn’t talking about practice. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Well thank you for acknowledging that I still follow the Mean Green when I am overseas. I was in Central America ten years ago but now I am in Central Asia. If you need a tutorial on the difference I am happy to assist. 
Second, can you please cite Mac’s second half regular season record the last two years? And can you give your reasoning for optimism despite those facts?

Trust me, I don’t track your whereabouts. Congrats on being in Central Asia, I guess. 
 

Would you like me to cite Mac’s record after one game in the second half of the regular season or just jump to conclusions that this is a run away train on a downhill track for the rest of the season like you?

FYI, in the tenth game of the conference schedule coming into this season Mac was 2-0. Anything beyond that is pure speculation. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

I’m 100% serious about this. We are the most beaten down fan base in division 1 athletics. I love NT. I’ll never root for anyone else. But if there’s anyone who has it worse than us over a 50 year period of on field/court results in major sports I don’t know who that would be. 

 

I only go back to ‘86 so I know there’s others (like your dad) who have seen more than me but it’s truly amazing the series of events in how we can ruin even the slightest of expectations.

We may run the table after this and put this game behind us, who knows?  

But experience tells me we could also easily start a losing streak too.  That’s just how we roll.

Not since the 2002 football season have we seen a team that I felt confident enough going into any conference game feeling we would win.  And no surprise that’s the last team that finished the deal by winning a conference championship and beating Cincinnati in the Bowl game.

Maybe we need to get that women’s rifle team going after all. As long as there’s a UNT foot for a  bullseye 🎯 we cannot lose!

 

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Trust me, I don’t track your whereabouts. Congrats on being in Central Asia, I guess. 
 

Would you like me to cite Mac’s record after one game in the second half of the regular season or just jump to conclusions that this is a run away train on a downhill track for the rest of the season like you?

I hope for the best but Mac has a bad second half record here, period. Look it up. I did. He admitted (thankfully) his mistakes last year and I hope this team is different. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was my first visit to Alamo Draft House.  The place was very nice.  A small theater with big cushy reclining  chairs.  After the loss, we were waiting for the waiter to bring our bill.  

He said he was waiting for the 4th qtr to bring out the bills.  Oh well.  

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

If we split the road trip, 2k tops for the next home game

Maybe?

Its like the conversation I was having with one of our lettermen the other night while watching the UTEP game and discussing the crowd that night, which was the best so far for the year I believe.

We are our own worst enemies at killing momentum and destroying fan confidence.  

We do it to ourselves.

 

Rick

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

We can never expect to do anything special.  

Get everyone exciting to watch a special run only to shit the bed against the 13th team in conference.  

Across the board in all sports we must be one of the greatest bed-shitting programs in college athletics?

It truly is a wonder we have any fans at all, I swear.

Rick

 

I’am with Rick.  We see this crap way too often.  It’s like a never ending nightmare.  Hope this was just a bad game but they didn’t look ready to play to me.  Too many sloppy turnovers.  They better get it together before they get to MUTS on Thursday.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I jinxed us...throw the hate my way fellas.  Was out with the wife instead of listening to the game.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last I looked NT is still in first place in the league.

This is undoubtedly a bad loss, but I think I will wait for a few more, before I declare the season over.

NT and Rice were about even shooting threes, as both teams were outstanding outside the line.

I thought NT lost the game by playing small ball and giving up a great number of easy baskets in the paint.   NT was far from their defense first philosophy. 

McCasland got badly outcoached as Rice got NT in a shootout which was their best chance. 

Rice is a bad team, but on this day in their place: they were pretty good and would have beat any CUSA club. 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I only go back to ‘86 so I know there’s others (like your dad) who have seen more than me but it’s truly amazing the series of events in how we can ruin even the slightest of expectations.

We may run the table after this and put this game behind us, who knows?  

But experience tells me we could also easily start a losing streak too.  That’s just how we roll.

Not since the 2002 football season have we seen a team that I felt confident enough going into any conference game feeling we would win.  And no surprise that’s the last team that finished the deal by winning a conference championship and beating Cincinnati in the Bowl game.

Maybe we need to get that women’s rifle team going after all. As long as there’s a UNT foot for a  bullseye 🎯 we cannot lose!

 

Rick

Oh yeah. Plenty of people go back farther than me. My specific NT memories only go back to 1995. But when you look at the measurements of our relevance, there’s really not much. Haven’t been ranked in football or basketball for nearly a combined 100 years. Haven’t beaten a ranked team in football or basketball in nearly a combined 100 years. Haven’t won a postseason NCAA game in ANY sport in that period. I just don’t know how many schools can say that, at least in FBS. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Bought a post season tournament with a losing record 

 

(glad we did but still must accept reality)

I guess he payed off the other teams to lose also.

I wonder why we have so many fans that want to disparage any success NT has?

I hope some of you have a good time complaining about McCasland, because I doubt he is going to be here long. 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mean Green Matt said:

We better learn from this. We are still in first place with the WKU loss today. But unfortunately we just handed the rest of the conference a massive gift. 

I hope we learn from both Rice and the UTSA match ups. Our defense is great in man to man situations, but we have struggled defending teams that run a lot of off-ball action. Rice is just 1-5 against us since Mccasland got here but they’ve scored effectively every time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rice shot over 60% from the field. Some of that can be blamed on NT defense but Rice played their best game of the season period.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious thought. Bad loss today. No excuses but I wonder if this team has the experience needed to play as the #1 seed and favorite. That's a lot of pressure for kids that haven't been in that position before. I really think I'd rather go into the conference tournament as a 3-4 seed and leave that pressure for someone else. Only benefit I see going in as the #1 seed would be the automatic NIT bid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Rice shot over 60% from the field. Some of that can be blamed on NT defense but Rice played their best game of the season period.

Not to mention that the refs were so inconsistent 

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

Serious thought. Bad loss today. No excuses but I wonder if this team has the experience needed to play as the #1 seed and favorite. That's a lot of pressure for kids that haven't been in that position before. I really think I'd rather go into the conference tournament as a 3-4 seed and leave that pressure for someone else. Only benefit I see going in as the #1 seed would be the automatic NIT bid.

You take the guaranteed NIT bid all day. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

We weren’t sharp after a week off. 

A Legit tourney team or conference contender shouldn’t have to be sharp to beat that team. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Across the board in all sports we must be one of the greatest bed-shitting programs in college athletics?

It’s absolutely amazing. 
 

EVERY SINGLE TIME 

  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

A Legit tourney team or conference contender shouldn’t have to be sharp to beat that team. 

No one in the conference is good enough to take a night off. Even the eventual champ.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I hope for the best but Mac has a bad second half record here, period. Look it up. I did. He admitted (thankfully) his mistakes last year and I hope this team is different. 

I’m not denying that but this is a different team, so I have different expectations. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.