Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

22 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

C'mon Bill, you got another year in them old bones.

If we can get past k state I think we have a good shot at keeping Seth.

Plus, who wants to follow the guy the stadium is named after?  Those are big shoes to fill.  Let someone else take it first if that's where you want to be.

Worse case scenario: Seth leaves and makes a lot more money.  If this happens, I'm happy for him.  I'm also grateful for what he's done here.  He's turned a 1-11 program around that I'm sure few people wanted control of and turned it into a winning program that's gone to 3 straight bowl games and competed for a conference championship last year.  Not to mention turned this into a program that very easily could have (dare I say "should have"?) been undefeated this year with those big leads we had in each of the lost games.  He's proven that this region can be recruited from for a competitive G5 program.  What up and coming assistant wouldn't want a shot at taking over this program?  I'm sure there are a few.  But there can't be many, can there?

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Plus, who wants to follow the guy the stadium is named after?  Those are big shoes to fill.  Let someone else take it first if that's where you want to be.

Worse case scenario: Seth leaves and makes a lot more money.  If this happens, I'm happy for him.  I'm also grateful for what he's done here.  He's turned a 1-11 program around that I'm sure few people wanted control of and turned it into a winning program that's gone to 3 straight bowl games and competed for a conference championship last year.  Not to mention turned this into a program that very easily could have (dare I say "should have"?) been undefeated this year with those big leads we had in each of the lost games.  He's proven that this region can be recruited from for a competitive G5 program.  What up and coming assistant wouldn't want a shot at taking over this program?  I'm sure there are a few.  But there can't be many, can there?

I think there will be a lot of people who would want this job. I think we could cherry pick a G5 coach from say, Troy? I think we could name our coordinator from any school in the country to come here and take over the program, outside of the Venables type coach (son in the program he's at and is a well known loyalist). Or maybe go after a struggling P5 HC that has let the rope slip where he is at and maybe looking for a fresh start, like a Gus Malzahn (It is being reported that his agent is telling him to accept any job that he is offered). That scenario is far fetched, but reports are reports. This is a good job to be had, and there would be candidates lining up at the door. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Tommy Tuberville had the highest rated recruiting class in Tech history and he didn't have "Texas Ties"

And he didn't win.  Funny how this, Texas ties, seems to be such a big part of the criteria of many on here when we were in the coaching market, but it isn't for other schools.  Tech is a tough place to recruit to for various reasons.  Location, finishing in the middle of the Big XII a majority of the time, community amenities for student athletes, etc...   The Tech faithful out here aren't terribly happy with this hiring.

Edited by UNTLifer

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

The thing about those photos is we don’t know what day they were taken. The two most recent were posted within an hour of each other but he is wearing different shirts. That would be an easy way to explain absences is be on the road recruiting. Mack Brown was “on the road recruiting” right before he resigned at Texas and went to ESPN.  I trust the Wren and the Lovelaces but I won’t feel safe about this one until the complete ‘19 class has signed and we have won our bowl game.

They were taken month's ago with the instruction to post them between the end of the season and the bowl game to throw off the tracking of the speculators.

17 minutes ago, Moobs said:

These kinds of reasons are DEFINITELY not on Littrell's mind.  That is fear.    Littrell has no fear.  He's supremely confident in himself.   
Remember, he took on a toxic-lockerroom North Texas team that just went 1-11 the previous year.  Everywhere he's been, he has introduced a turnaround in a positive direction.  I can guarantee there's not a doubt in Littrell's mind he can return KSSt to their 2012 form (top 10 ranked), or better.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

And he didn't win.

Right but your concern was that Wells wouldn't be able to recruit well because of his lack of Texas Ties and I showed you an example that did. You didn't say anything about winning.

22 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

No ties to Texas.  At least you can recruit to the area in Logan.  Lubbock is difficult to recruit to in the first place, made even more difficult by the fact that many coaches in TX high schools probably do not know him.

Also Tuberville had a winning record (20-17) and Kingsbury did not, and Kingsbury had arguably a longer leash to work with (35-40)

Edited by MGNation92

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

When Baker needed a head basketball coach he hired one who already had good success as a head coach.  Same thing with softball.  I think we would see Baker try to get someone who is already a head coach.  Would Neal Brown at Troy see UNT as an opportunity?  Eric Morris at Incarnate Word was a top assistant who now has success as a head coach.  I would first look at people like that.

I think KSU and Littrell would be a really good match.  If he can average 8 wins with some big wins then he would be a target any top job in college football.  That said, I'd much rather keep him here. 

Edited by NorthTexan95

2 minutes ago, untbowler said:

Well if SL is gone, Wren should call Neal Brown ASAP, not completely sold on Morris yet, although getting UIW into the FCS Playoffs is big time since they are only in 2nd year eligible in D1

I say no to unproven FCS coaches. We need leadership that knows how to win/lead a FBS team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1