Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

6 hours ago, outoftown said:

I am sure that is legit. And yet -at this very moment- I would still feel calmer if he were at practice in Denton.

The thing about those photos is we don’t know what day they were taken. The two most recent were posted within an hour of each other but he is wearing different shirts. That would be an easy way to explain absences is be on the road recruiting. Mack Brown was “on the road recruiting” right before he resigned at Texas and went to ESPN.  I trust the Wren and the Lovelaces but I won’t feel safe about this one until the complete ‘19 class has signed and we have won our bowl game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, meangreanmick said:

What do you mean what happened?  Sounds like the AD is still ready to pony up if need be.

My gut says they already have.

Expect to hear about a new contract for Seth soon

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrStrange18 said:

What do you mean what happened?  Sounds like the AD is still ready to pony up if need be.

My gut says they already have.

Expect to hear about a new contract for Seth soon

Bidding against ourselves if true.    He's handsomely paid now.   We have a great buyout baked into the current deal.

Him leaving for a P5 job is NOT about the money, at all, whatsoever.   It's about an opportunity to win at the highest level of college football & the opportunity to compete for a national championship... something that UCF has proved simply cannot happen at the G5 level.

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Bidding against ourselves if true.    He's handsomely paid now.   We have a great buyout baked into the current deal.

Him leaving for a P5 job is NOT about the money, at all, whatsoever.   It's about an opportunity to win at the highest level of college football & the opportunity to compete for a national championship... something that UCF has proved simply cannot happen at the G5 level.

I hear you....

But what if we could get the buyout to $5 million? $6 million?

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I hear you....

But what if we could get the buyout to $5 million? $6 million?

That would mean we'd have to pay him over $2million/yr, putting only Mike Norvell @ Memphis ahead of him... and even then, the buyout will never be that high with Sexton as his agent.
Is that REALLY necessary?

He's got a great thing going here.  He likes it here.  He's not in a hurry to leave...  but he will when an opportunity he wants comes available.   No amount of money WB throws at him will change that.