Official 2016 Heart of Dallas Bowl Thread

Harry

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

This is very disappointing loss.  Coaches ... players ... play calls ... just awful.  I guess it's something when you play so bad and still take it to OT. 

Disagree. Not awful. Room for improvement, sure, but we kept up with an Army team that had its best QB and didn't turn the ball over 7 times.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Yes this loss sucks. But I am not angry after this loss. I was after the UTEP loss, but this one is kinda ok. We have been shown what we knew: the defense needs more depth. Offense did ok, and SL showed some really smart game clock management and decision making. But the team battled throuout and kept playing hard and resilient. That said this shows that we are still a good ways off from challenging for conference titles. The goal next season has to be a bowl again.

• Upvote 6

We played the same game we did at West Point, difference is we were +6 on turn over ratio there, and we were -1 here.  

There is no regression, keep in mind our starter at QB was out and Wilson was not anywhere near healthy.  

If we had kept the turnover ratio even we probably win.  

I am grateful we got extra practices, now it's time for these coaches to win some recruiting battles.  

4 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

if Harrell is calling lays still, he needs to go back to square one and redevelop his approach. Rough. 

OT play calling stunk.

In any case, I'm proud of what the Seniors accomplished. Hats off to you guys and thank you for putting this program back on track. 

Anyone know official attendance? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1