• 20%
    • 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%
    • 60%
    • 70%
    • 80%
    • 90%+

I put 70% because other than 4-3 Temple, their wins are against 0-6 Rice, 1-5 UTEP, and 1-6 Lafayette. They've also lost to 1-5 Buffalo being the Bulls' only victory on the season. Essentially, their wins aren't much better than ours, the main difference is they've blown out two teams. We are playing better with every passing week so if we can win the 3rd down battle and not turn the ball over on offense which we've been great at we should have a good chance of winning.

• Upvote 2

I like what is happening with our team/staff and we will see I guess how that proves up on the road. I went with 60% we win! If Fine gets any blocking I think we win regardless, if it was our home game I would go 70%. 

They run the triple option, ala Navy?  I haven't seen them play this year, but our bye came at a perfect time to get in extra reps against an unorthodox (today) system.  I put the odds at 50%.  Which is about where I think they stay for the remainder of the year.  We're not out-talenting many more teams on the schedule, but I feel like this group will be in every game.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 1

Vegas has us down at -17, the same as the Middle Tennessee game.  My biggest concern is their defense, which ranks second in the nation in rushing yards per game and this is against similar competition to us.  We have to establish the run or else we become one dimensional and we saw how that looked vs. MTSU.  

Edited by StealthEagle84
  • Upvote 1

Army may have beaten some lack-luster teams so far this season, but, don't rule them out.   They really are on the rise, and much better than last year, in my opinion.  UNT is going to have to find a way to cut down on sacks, play ahead of the chains, and be up-tempo almost the entire game.  Going to have to make sure the entire game is controlled by UNT.   They already have home field advantage and likely a big crowd.  

• Upvote 2

i watched army on saturday and it was hard to gauge them because they played a very bad team.  The key will be to keep their offense off the field,  The qb from army throw for three td's downs.  That is how bad the team the played was.   if we can't keep their offense off the field we will need to score more points than they do to win the game.  Yes I am joking.

19 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I honestly see this game being a blowout. The scary thing is that the blowout can easily go either way. If Army opposes its will early they will walk to a W. If our D comes ready to play early we can walk to a W. This is a difficult game to predict. 

i am very confused by your "prediction"

Live here near West Point...seen them play all but one game....the Vegas line has now moved to Army -18.....Army lost 2 games...the Buffalo game Army blew.....The Duke game was played in bad weather and Army lost 13-6....they beat a good Temple team but Thomas the Owls best player didn't play....Rice they beat 31-14 and NT beat them in OT....its tough to compare common opponents....Army did beat UTEP and I know their not very good but they did beat them 66-14.....Army is ranked  No 1 in the nation in rushing yds at 366 yds...40th in total yds,81st in passing yds,35th in points scored,etc  on defense they are ranked No 2 in the nation,No 2 in rushing defense,4th in pts allowed,8th in passing Defense yds...but the defensive numbers aren't really true numbers....the reason the defensive numbers are so low is that the other teams don't have the ball...Army runs the wishbone and owns the time of possession....and that is the key to Saturday's  game...can North Texas stop the Cadets offense....they did play a cupcake last week in Lafayette scoring 66 points....he went to his bench early in the 3rd quarter so he didn't run the score up...I think North Texas will be able to put some points on the board....but I really don't think North Texas will be able to stop Army's option....and if Army controls the clock the NT offense won't be out their enough.....The biggest factor is how the NT linebackers and Db's read the defense..Army is using their fullback more then they did last year...Johnson who was hurt in the Lafayette game is a linebacker playing fulll back...Army's plays two quarterbacks...both are good.. Bradshaw is the main starter...has cut down on all those fumbles from last year...he can run and is an avg passer... Carter is more dangerous....because he can pass and run....In last years Navy game Carter came off the bench and almost beat Navy....but when Army throws the ball they are so selected because they can see when the DB's are coming up to support the run....and they have Poe who is 6'5 wr and loves the jump ball pass....

Having the bye helps a little but its so overrated....having a few extra days does help somewhat but if Army executes the way its supposed too having 2 months preparing for it means little....I'm sure its helps with some reads....but Army knows how your preparing to play the wishbone...Army has a good coach in Monken..best coach they had in years....he was at Navy and Ga Tech....he knows what he is doing....I do hope North Texas comes up with a solid defense.....if you can get army to play from behind then they need to pass to catch up...this has been Armys problem the past few years..that is one of the reasons Army has been 2-10,4-8,3-9,2-10 and 3-9 the past 5 years.... hopefully North Texas comes up with a good game plan...also North Texas has to tackle....Army's back get a lot of yds after the 1st hit....I watched the Florida-North Texas game... I thought our defense played outstanding....I will be at the game... I hope I'm wrong and NT comes away with a nice win...

Edited by westdorm528
  • Upvote 3