What Results Are You Expecting the Next Two Weeks?

Cerebus

What Results Are You Expecting the Next Two Weeks?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. We host MTSU and Marshall the next two weeks, in your opinion what is the most likely outcome?

• 0-2
    • 1-1
    • 2-0

26 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Our fans might not measure this year on W's and L's. That's great. Give Littrell some time to grow into his role. However, the media and more importantly recruits thinking about coming to North Texas very well might judge us solely on W's and L's. We need every W we can get. It helps to build momentum in recruiting and we need that momentum. 

We've already equaled the number of wins in Chad Morris' first year after he took over a miserable 1-15 team, and DMN seems to think he walks on water and leaves a trail of wine behind him.  

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

We've already equaled the number of wins in Chad Morris' first year after he took over a miserable 1-15 team, and DMN seems to think he walks on water and leaves a trail of wine behind him.  

I get that. But SMU has a history of "tradition" and "prestige" that dates back to their cheating in the SWC. They boost their tuition costs and label themselves as a private insutuition so they can continue the vicious cycle of people buying into their false sense of security. They throw money at problems and vies for media attention by strategically placing either people or money in the right places so the media helps them churn their false narrative. We are not SMU. We are nothing like SMU and I'm glad to say that. We are a blue collar university with blue collar students and blue collar alumni. We have to earn it. On the field it is earned. The media eventually has to bow at success. We have to win all 'winnable' games. We have to stay ultra competitive in our losses. We can't afford a 66-14 loss to Army like UTEP. UTEP is in a relatively tiny market. No one raises eyebrows at their success, but no one scoffs at their immense failures either. If we win this place can be tremendously special in modern college football. 

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

MTSU has to shoot themselves in the foot for us to win. They have one of the best defenses in the league and one of the best offenses in the league. We're just not there yet.

Marshall is unknown. They put up a lot of points, but they also allow a LOT of points through the air. That game has a chance to be a high-scoring, limo-drivin, toss-up. 

Best D's? Gave up almost 622 yds to La Tech! Is the C-USA Ds that bad? GMG

Edited by Wag Tag

Would love to see an offensive line that continues to show improvement.  

Would love to see the emergence of another freshmen or 2 who our coaches will not be able to keep on the bench due to their abilities.

Would love to see a very loud student section this Saturday who continues to show the west side stands how to be............LOUD!

I voted 1 & 1 (but like all of you want 2 & 0, of course),  but thankfully no computer will determine the outcome of either game.  No computer has ever been able to capture the heart or desire of the ones playing the game.

GMG!

BEAT MUTS!   WHY NOT?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Can we go 2- 0? Maybe. Can we go 1-1? Good chance. Can we go 0-2? With out a doubt.

Anything can happen. I am guessing we go 1-1 and hoping we go 2-0. This season we have seen a few different faces on the this team. Against Rice I saw the one I like the best. We proved we have guys that care, and can achieve the weekly goals set by all... To Win! Hopefully, these are the coaches and players that show up the next two weeks and the rest of the season. 

Historically, rankings and records have meant little when MTSU and NT play.  Of course Dickey's success in the early Belt was all started with NT beating supposedly a much better Muts team in Denton.  The Muts beat the Ruston Dogs.

I think both of these games will be close.  A big loud crowd could be a big factor.   Both of these teams are in the top 4 of the conference.  My guess is 1-1 with higher hopes.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue147 said:

I've not seen you guys play a game this year.  What is your strength on offense?  Rushing?  Passing?   We will score points so you guys will have to keep up with us to beat us.  If you have a dominant run game that could give us problems otherwise I don't think you will be able to keep it within two touchdowns.

Rushing for sure. Jeffrey Wilson has the makings of an all conference back if healthy. He's averaging something like 6 yards a carry, went for 157 and 3 TDs against Rice. Pass game is improving. We'll see

Marshall game depends on their QB.  They were leading Akron 21-7 until Chase Litton was knocked out of the game with a concussion at the beginning of the second quarter.  He came back, but was eventually taken out again when concussion syptoms took over.  He missed the Louisville game because of it.

If he plays, Marshall will be unbeatable.  If not, their second guy isn't great - another freshman who struggles to complete 50% of his passes.  Can commit more to the run defense if Litton is out.

Litton hasn't been cleared yet for their game against Pitt this weekend.  If he misses Pitt game, he'll have rested for a couple of weeks, but without much practice.  Still, he's experienced and good when he's healthy.  Not sure Marshall would risk rushing him back in for their last OOC game before beginning C-USA play in Denton. 

Reviewing schedules, even with some mistakes on our defensive side, I expect them to be much more potent against MT than expected.  Don't expect as many yards or as high of a score there.  Still, with so many questions and developing players on both sides, I suspect the Raiders will win by 7-10 points, but I hope I'm wrong.

Marhsall's QB situation is a bit of a head-scratcher, because we haven't seen enough to know if he's going to have a good season or just a few good games with his limited performance.  I'm expecting it to be a bit like the Rice game with some give-and-take with us pulling it out in the end.

And hopefully, by the end of this home stand, our guys will be a more developed and complete team and ready to hit hard on those road games!