Mason Fine post game presser tonight

UNT 90 Grad

1 minute ago, Silent Eagle said:

The poise and collectiveness of this kid is astounding.  Hard to believe this kid is a freshman based on how he spoke- eye contact, confidence, self control while addressing questions. 

Agreed. Dude has the tools. He needs to be coached up on the little things though. I'm excited about the future or North Texas football and he has a lot to do with that. GMG

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Silent Eagle said:

The poise and collectiveness of this kid is astounding.  Hard to believe this kid is a freshman based on how he spoke- eye contact, confidence, self control while addressing questions. 

Agreed, excellent job for a freshman. Poised, answered the questions asked, along with a quiet confidence.

• Upvote 1

It's nice to hear him say #NewDenton. To me, it confirms that the kids have really bought into to this coaching staff and into ushering in a new era of football at UNT. This kid has a good head on his shoulders. He's hungry, wants to compete, and wants to win football games. I have no doubt we will get a lot out of this kid. 

• Upvote 2

I thought the fact that we were his ONLY fbs offer meant that he was supposed to fail, or stink, or not be ready, or suck.....

None of that seems to be the case and everyone that spoke about this kid who knew him has been telling us that since day one.  Our coaching staff has been telling us that since day one.

He has some growing and maturing and learning to do but WHO CARES who else offered him, we did.    IF he is as good as he seems so far both on and off the field will that prove the "only one offer" crowd wrong?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, hickoryhouse said:

I thought the fact that we were his ONLY fbs offer meant that he was supposed to fail, or stink, or not be ready, or suck.....

None of that seems to be the case and everyone that spoke about this kid who knew him has been telling us that since day one.  Our coaching staff has been telling us that since day one.

He has some growing and maturing and learning to do but WHO CARES who else offered him, we did.    IF he is as good as he seems so far both on and off the field will that prove the "only one offer" crowd wrong?

His height was our best friend. If he's 2" - 3" taller, he's a 70+ offer guy (ask Bob Stoops).

• Upvote 4

I'm very impressed with this young man so far.  To even watch him interact with the team on the sidelines is different than any other QB I've seen the last 3 years.  The team really seems to rally around him when they are coming off the field.  And this kid is just a baller on the field.

35 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Saw this on here before. Stoops didn't say that. Littrell did.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2016/01/mason-fine-talks-about-committing-to-unt.html/

According to the conversation I had with his mother last night after the game, it's what the recruiters told their family as well.  OU, OSU, and several others.  She said she appreciated their honesty in recruiting, but it only drove Mason more.  Everyone love the chip-on-their-shoulder player and he's certainly got every right to have a big one

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Mason Fine's official height is 5' 9 1/2" 

I stood by him during the walk in.

People need to realize there will be growing pains and Fine will have some bad games this year. It's what freahmen do.

Realize we are playing for 2018. 

He will have no bad games, just a few bad balls that make it seem like bad games IN MY OPINION. lol Now, he may not want to lower the shoulder on the Florida Free Safety because he could end up on a stretcher if he does that.  :)

• Upvote 2

Excited about Fine.  Please stay healthy and practice sliding drills in practice every day- please do not lower your head and take on anyone.    Still not totally on board with burning Fine's redshirt- he is someone that would have really benefitted from a year in a college program.  

Disappointed in the receivers- seemed like they could not get open/separation against SMU and BC.  So much for a pass based offense...  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Eppie96 said:

Excited about Fine.  Please stay healthy and practice sliding drills in practice every day- please do not lower your head and take on anyone. 

It seems more QBs get injured from tentative play than aggressive play.  A slide is fine, but if you're going to get hit anyway, you might as well let the defender feel it as well.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Mason Fine's official height is 5' 9 1/2" 

I stood by him during the walk in.

People need to realize there will be growing pains and Fine will have some bad games this year. It's what freahmen do.

Realize we are playing for 2018. 

Emporia State measured him at 5'10.75". I trust a recruiting school measurement.

• Upvote 3