NOW MORE THAN EVER - BE AT APOGEE !!!

cogido

In 35 plus years  of playing football and watching football I've never seen a team roll over and quit. 

This team flat out quit on their coaches, on their fellow classmates & on their families. -To a FCS school on homecoming!
This is the biggest group of vaginas ever assembled in NT football history. F that stuff about "Don't boo the players" They need to
grow the hell up.You don't get full scholarships in the real world. No French army would take any of these babies.
11 years of season tickets, parking passes & scholarship donations aren't coming back until this AD & group of pussies are gone.

I agree with you in theory, but I'm going to show up regardless. I gave away my tickets before the firing, so generous PM's will be much appreciated.

• Upvote 2

Will be dicking around with the very last of the last of the dregs of the tax returns from clients who direly need to be fired and move on to brighter shores in Florida.  

I have concert tickets later that night in Dallas if I can get out of the office.

But fear not, I found somebody stupid enough, I mean I found a big enough sucker, no.  I mean, I found a good home for my tickets and my seats will be occupied.

Going to be there with my Aggie Dad, who's a season ticket holder for the past 10 years.  Think about that.  Yes, he's my dad and all but he's still sat through the following painful experiences: 

- Darell Dickey blackshirts
- Todd Dodge (nuff said)
- Mac's minstrels 

He tells me stories about TAMU pre-co-ed days when the team was horrible and he still set through games in the stands as a young undergrad laddie. 

So we'll be there, we just love watchin' us some foosball.  Macball was too tough to watch. Tougher than DD ball which was also (minus the winning) tough to watch.  

Stan R loves him some Chico ball (post Todge Chico ball is what I'm expecting to see).

• Upvote 3

Did you watch the Portland State highlight reel? The team never showed up to play...especially the defense. They do not deserve spectators. They must earn my attendance. Why would I go to support quitters? I coach too...and those players should be ashamed of their effort, discipline, and performance. How will there be an improved product on-field if the players do not work to get better? My attendance does not matter at this point because the players mentally have shut down and have lost the desire to improve and get better. Therefore, they won't. There is little pride, self-respect, sustained effort, work ethic, or accountability that I can see among the players on the team. 

Do better. Period. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I wasn't there to see the Portland State fiasco, but if they did quit, as it sounds like, that says a lot about the entire program. They either knew Mac was gone and just laid down or they just hated him so much that they wouldn't give any effort. From the coaching staff to the players, that kind of quitting is something that cannot be tolerated by the alumni. Showing up for this week's game, as a fan, doesn't seem like a good way to send a message to the university's leadership about the current state of things. Anything that gives RV even a chance at coming back is a disaster.

Did you watch the Portland State highlight reel? The team never showed up to play...especially the defense. They do not deserve spectators. They must earn my attendance. Why would I go to support quitters? I coach too...and those players should be ashamed of their effort, discipline, and performance. How will there be an improved product on-field if the players do not work to get better? My attendance does not matter at this point because the players mentally have shut down and have lost the desire to improve and get better. Therefore, they won't. There is little pride, self-respect, sustained effort, work ethic, or accountability that I can see among the players on the team. 

Do better. Period. 

I say let's just shut down the stadium then.  Lock the gates. 

No seriously, let's lock the gates and not let any fans, players, coaches or anyone in the stadium.  If the opposing team arrives, tell them we give up.  The whole school gives up.  The players had bad attitudes so they are taking what are are calling a "time out" for the next 3 games.  

- Stadium staff - furloughed. 
- Band - you guys have more time to work on your studies.  You weren't trying hard enough anyway with your lack of showmanship and shorts (really, though. shorts?)
- Season ticket holders? It's your fault too for not demanding more of the players.  We'll take your money and donate it to the homeless of denton.  
- TV? Show reruns of Seinfeld.  Run a ticker at the bottom that reads "UNT Has decided to cancel this game due to fan overreaction. Enjoy this pointless Seinfeld rerun".

Of course this is all absurdist, but isn't this what you're advocating?  I'm going to be there, it's still my University.  If those young men who had to live through Mac's disaster care enough to keep showing up, then so will I. 

• Upvote 1

To those of you chewing out the players...  if these rumors around McCarney being gone regardless of the game's outcome are true, why on earth would you expect maximum effort from them?  There was a train wreck going on inside their locker room.

What if they come out on Thursday re-energized, and put forth an effort that you would deem appropriate, but you're not there to cheer them on?  What does that make you?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

To those of you chewing out the players...  if these rumors around McCarney being gone regardless of the game's outcome are true, why on earth would you expect maximum effort from them?  There was a train wreck going on inside their locker room.

What if they come out on Thursday re-energized, and put forth an effort that you would deem appropriate, but you're not there to cheer them on?  What does that make you?

Because most athletes have a drive to succeed regardless of the situation, most of this team flat gave up and that is a major issue if they are willing to do this in any game let alone homecoming, they embarrassed the university and if they were not so self-absorbed they would realize they embarrassed themselves. Hoping Canales can bring it back, but not sure he can with this many quitters on one team.

We'll be there, but probably without our chairbacks... again.

This is the stuff that really needs to change in the athletic department.  Sometimes I wonder how the hell they get anybody at all in the stadium.  They're so freaking inept at the simplest of logistics, I wonder how they're able to tie their shoes in the morning and unlock the doors to their offices.  It's bad.  Like cub scouts running the beer concessions without adult supervision bad.

• Upvote 5