SMU Fans discuss UNT Game

Harry

This is what happens when you give bottom feeders the time of day. Don't feed the trolls in Denton. They will go away. Then again, worst move by AD...dump UNT after we finish our next 9 wins against them.

UNT is like that hot dog stand guy that was always envious of the wall street bankers (SWC) and thought he could one day land a job in that bank without a degree.

read more:  http://ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78108&sid=b80350de303cfa0e3138fa3507239b63

Edited by Harry

Is it that hard for UNT and SMU to get along. Neither school is like UT or Bama so why not work together. I will never understand trying to hold someone down. If mid majors (or whatever they are called) worked together they might be able to finally take down the "big boys" 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Also, the best thing we can do to further our cause is to show up en masse on Sept 12th, park our trailers and broken-down pickups all over the Park Cities and take over their stadium for the day. They can deride the program and those who support it, but they'll have to do it over the 'North Texas' chants coming from a sea of green in their own backyard.  

​I'll bring the NASCAR flags and wear a Cowboy hat with a wife beater  shirt

• Upvote 4

I hate them but I don't see why our posters are concerned with who is on their schedule other than us. If we are on their schedule, we should go out and do our dead level best to beat them. If Arky State is on their schedule, so what.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 2

Also, the best thing we can do to further our cause is to show up en masse on Sept 12th, park our trailers and broken-down pickups all over the Park Cities and take over their stadium for the day. They can deride the program and those who support it, but they'll have to do it over the 'North Texas' chants coming from a sea of green in their own backyard.  

​You've convinced me to show up in spite of the quarterback situation.

• Upvote 1

What's this about us being upset with SMU playing ArkSt? Can someone give me the tl;dr of that thread? It said SMU and Arkansas State in the title so I went back to working.

Are we seriously concerned about SMU being able to land a SBC school, or is that their own takeaway?

This thread is so meta.

Where do these people exist in the actual world?  I never see them.  Do they build homes in Highland Park behind a giant privacy fence and play bumper BMWs for fun?  I know we've got a couple SMU grads at work, but they're generally very quiet about it.

​It's probably a matter of people acting VERY differently when using the anonymity of the internet.  It's hard for some of us to grasp, as many of us are the same people online as we are offline, but I think it's really a lot of chest-thumping and puffery and digital circle-jerking when they have a chance to jump on the old "every public school is a community college compared to our superior private religious institution" conceptualization that members of their good ol' boys' network tend to propagate.  With the exception of the super-rich or, at the very least, those who congregate in the club level, you're not likely to ever hear much of that nonsense in real life; and even in those instances, you're not likely to be present when it occurs anyway.

They have to act like douchebags. They view themselves as superior, so it's the only way to cope with the fact they lost to us without them jumping off of the Mockingbird Bridge into the path of an oncoming 18 wheeler.

​They were blown out by us... us! Us who were still be led by Mr. Josh Greer! No wonder they feel so bad.

• Upvote 1