Middle Tennessee State (2/14/15)

CMJ

We are. Since we lost to utep and utsa we have played amazing ball. 6 games left and 5 are winnable.I stoll cant see us bearing utep on the road. Usm, wku, and marshall all should have been victorious.

How can anyone say we are better than our record?!? We have yet to play a solid 40 minutes in a game. We play crappy for a half and then like our hair is on fire the other half.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not an extension, but RV has a reason to point to now when he doesn't fire Benford at the end of the year...

I'm am glad for the kids that they have won back to back.

Yeah, with UAB being pretty good (especially in conference), I assumed that beating them meant that tonight was a guaranteed loss, since every unlikely win has been punctuated by a loss immediately thereafter. Maybe it only counts when the next team we play after a big upset is really bad...so if we beat a really good team, then play another decent team, we win that one too; is that how this works?

We are. Since we lost to utep and utsa we have played amazing ball. 6 games left and 5 are winnable.I stoll cant see us bearing utep on the road. Usm, wku, and marshall all should have been victorious.

Amazing ball is a bit much. We've beat some average teams. We made MTSU look great offensively for a half. They are actually pretty terrible on offense.

We've got talent no denying that. We just struggle playing as a collective unit. That's to be expected bc its a team of transfers. You can see they are starting to get comfortable with their roles and playing as a team. If they keep getting better, like they should well we might see a run in the CUSA tourney.

• Upvote 1

So glad I was there to see this finish. Amazing how some folks can't even be positive after a great comeback victory. These players will darn sure give you a heart attack, but just seems like they are finding ways to finish these games on their home court.

Really poor student turnout. No excuse for that lack of support. But, their loss. Great comeback win. No quit in these guys. Home guys win! Thanks guys!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Amazing ball is a bit much. We've beat some average teams. We made MTSU look great offensively for a half. They are actually pretty terrible on offense.

We've got talent no denying that. We just struggle playing as a collective unit. That's to be expected bc its a team of transfers. You can see they are starting to get comfortable with their roles and playing as a team. If they keep getting better, like they should well we might see a run in the CUSA tourney.

I'm happy they are playing more and more as a unit and hopefully we return everyone but Jordan, Collin, and Armani next season which should definetly help with chemistry.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not in the boat that we should be entitled student support or huge turnout yet. We are still 2 games below .500. Put together some consistent winning teams and you'll see the turn out, its as simple as that.

Like was starting to happen at the start of 2012, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Was at the game and thought the ropers would be the highlight then a rally broke out and whala the best mean green game I think I have ever witnessed in person! Now celebratory beers at Eastside. God bless Denton God Bless the Mean Green!!!!!

• Upvote 1

The more that I think about it 90, the kids don't care that you are glad for them that they won. Why, because your fair weather ass is not in the building to watch. If you cared about the kids, you would come to the games.

aJFxp0b.jpg

Oooooh! Clap! Ooooooh! Clap! Oooooooh!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

Attendance 1,946 tonight with probably 200 to 300 students plus band, cheerleaders, and dancers.

I don't think we ever had fewer than 3,000 to 4,000 STUDENTS in Men's Gym during the 1960's Missouri Conference era. NTSU record wasn't fantastic then, but students supported the team.

Not happening now.

• Downvote 1

I wasn't able to make the game, but did catch it on ASN online. From a sheer basketball standpoint it was frustrating and badly played game. From a spectating entertainment standpoint it was absolutely fantastic to watch.

Benford should still be sent packing. He simply and obviously doesn't have the mental capacity to coach D1 basketball at the mid-major level. He would be a great coach at UK with 10 HS All-Americans on his team. But when it comes to schematically beating the other team with equal talent it's clear as day that it just isn't working out.

Students need to show up the last couple games. If we can catch a hot streak 16-14 isn't out of the realm of possibilities and having fan support energizes the team.

Very entertaining game and I was proud to watch the grit. GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I was following on ESPN.com. Crazy ending. I thought we were toast after MUTS scored with a couple seconds left, and then to see a foul called on them was unbelievable. Can't believe a couple on here continue to be complete asses to those that support these young men. Well, actually I can.

Great heart in this team.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I wasn't able to make the game, but did catch it on ASN online. From a sheer basketball standpoint it was frustrating and badly played game. From a spectating entertainment standpoint it was absolutely fantastic to watch.

Benford should still be sent packing. He simply and obviously doesn't have the mental capacity to coach D1 basketball at the mid-major level. He would be a great coach at UK with 10 HS All-Americans on his team. But when it comes to schematically beating the other team with equal talent it's clear as day that it just isn't working out.

Students need to show up the last couple games. If we can catch a hot streak 16-14 isn't out of the realm of possibilities and having fan support energizes the team.

Very entertaining game and I was proud to watch the grit. GMG

Not a Benford advocate, but he out coached MTSU and Kermit in the second half. He quit switching D's and stuck with their bread and butter zone. He got his team to play with effort in the second half after playing lazy in the 1st. His offense was shaky, but they've simplified it by running more flex sets instead of the motion. I would like to see these guys get better spacing, but when your running those tight flex sets its hard.

This team is going to win bc of its defense. They've got to get those steals and turnovers that equate to easy baskets. We won't beat people bc of our half court O just not going to happen. Defense, hustle, and grit is the key for this team.

• Upvote 2