DT To Florida To Train For Next Level

FirefightnRick

Just touched down in Tampa FL. Working with a QB guru to try and continue my dream of playing at the next level. Wish me luck!

— Derek Thompson (@DerekThompson_7)

February 2, 2014

Wish him all the best.

Edit: I'm thinkinking if he were to make a team how a lot of his critics are gonna feel like a bunch of dumbasses?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

DT,

You were the captain of the ship that delivered the most surprisingly positive season of my UNT sports fandom. Dude, I wish you all the luck in the world. We doubted you, and you delivered. The cherry on top was gutting out a dominating second half of football to close out your UNT career. I think you might have been the straw that stirred the drink that got the mean green faithful intoxicated to the point of actually...well, waking up the sleeping giant. Time will tell, but, man, go and give it your all. I will be a fan of yours if you play in the nfl, nfl Europe, Canadian football, or a coach anywhere. Thank you and good luck man.

• Upvote 3

Since he seems to be all about surprising people by achieving that which is highly unexpected, it wouldn't be totally shocking if this worked out, even if it ends up being in the CFL or something. Some people just really hate being told "You'll never be able to do it."

• Upvote 2

DT, Best of luck. Hope your knee injury has healed properly so you can be your best with quarterback guru. I never studied DT's game enough to know his true QB strenght's and weaknesses. If I tried I'm not educated enough to know if he can make it at the next level. I do know this though, DT is one of the toughest QB's I ever seen. DT, will play hurt and if injury isn't truly debilitating DT would always surprise me with his preformance under the circumstances.

As a reminder, DT graduated in August, so this training is not at the expense of his degree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI2BQMAXkqo

What a great ambassadors for this program we have in this senior class.

No. Derek graduated 1 1/2 years ago along with Ryan. They both graduate in MAY with their Masters Degrees. They are both completeing thier internships this semester.

• Upvote 4

Wish him all the best.

Edit: I'm thinkinking if he were to make a team how a lot of his critics are gonna feel like a bunch of dumbasses?

Rick

My critique remains the same regardless of his "catching on" with a professional team and then even subsequently being successful. While he was here he played with guts and determination....especially this last season. If the "guru" can coach and/or teach him how to not over/underthrow his receivers at very inopportune times, and not throw int's at very inopportune times, then great. But too late to benefit North Texas.

My critique of Tony Romo is pretty much the same as that of Derick's and he gets paid over 100mil. But to me the "dumbass" in that situation was the guy who agreed to pay Tony Romo anything over the league minimum.

So, I wish Derick well. And I hope that he reaches his dream of playing professional football.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1