Here's what worries me about UTSA

Harry

Riiiiiight. When the newness wears off and you guys are drawing 10k to the Alamo Dome, you will see the value of an on campus stadium. (You know, brings alumni and donors back to campus, provides a REAL college atmosphere on game day, allows lazy college kids easy access to games, etc...)

Wow, a soccer stadium and a track and field facility. You guys are sooooo big time.

I'm surprised you didn't ask the City of San Antonio to slap down a track around the Alamo Dome field. Wait... Maybe y'all did? LOL!!!

Not happening. We actually have people who care about our school and will not allow a spiral into mediocrity ala UNT. Season tickets have increased year over year and we are currently 2, 500 over our average attendance through 5 games than 2012.

There are other sports that matter besides football. Track and field has always been a strong sport for UTSA so I makes since that they address a stadium that gives them instant respect nationally. The Roadrunners have already won a CUSA championship in cross country and soon to be crowned champs in Volleyball. UTSA won the WAC in Baseball last year does UNT have a team?

• Upvote 1

Not happening. We actually have people who care about our school and will not allow a spiral into mediocrity ala UNT. Season tickets have increased year over year and we are currently 2, 500 over our average attendance through 5 games than 2012.

There are other sports that matter besides football. Track and field has always been a strong sport for UTSA so I makes since that they address a stadium that gives them instant respect nationally. The Roadrunners have already won a CUSA championship in cross country and soon to be crowned champs in Volleyball. UTSA won the WAC in Baseball last year does UNT have a team?

You have a lot of people (25K) at the AD who like football, not UTSA necessarily. Your student attendance is dismal.

Edited by meangreener

building one now........the right way..........and they won't be playing in this dump

1542_Roadrunner_Field_UTSA_Baseball_2.jp

How did you do against Rice? At "your" stadium?

Let me yell it from the cheap seats for my UT Tyler friend:

YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN ANYONE!

EVER!!

EVER!!!

We are always supposed to go 0-12 remember? Every win for us a big win. Every week its another team stating how their 100 years of football is somehow going to will them a victory. We've beaten the teams we could. The original arguement was about UTSA and they have 0 percent shot to compete with UNT. That argument is done the moment we beat Tulane, a team that beat you

No sure where all the Big 12, SEC talk comes from. We are rational fans and most of us picked a sub .500 record this season. If anything some of you participating in this debate think you're somehow far superior to every team. Learn how to act at the top. You're not Alabama

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

building one now........the right way..........and they won't be playing in this dump

1542_Roadrunner_Field_UTSA_Baseball_2.jp

Great and about time. We will probably have new stadiums at the same time. Oh and going by UNT90's logic you haven't earned the right to play baseball...you need to earn it. How dare you play CUSA baseball in your first season! Disrespectful

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We are always supposed to go 0-12 remember? Every win for us a big win. Every week its another team stating how their 100 years of football is somehow going to will them a victory. We've beaten the teams we could. The original arguement was about UTSA and they have 0 percent shot to compete with UNT. That argument is done the moment we beat Tulane, a team that beat you

No sure where all the Big 12, SEC talk comes from. We are rational fans and most of us picked a sub .500 record this season. If anything some of you participating in this debate think you're somehow far superior to every team. Learn how to act at the top. You're not Alabama

UTSA has 0% to compete with UNT. Rice is a way better team. We're 5-0 at home and it's not even close.

Great and about time. We will probably have new stadiums at the same time. Oh and going by UNT90's logic you haven't earned the right to play baseball...you need to earn it. How dare you play CUSA baseball in your first season! Disrespectful

We had a program from 84-88 and had to shut it down due to Title IX. Skip Johnson (UT pitching coach) was a player on that team before he had to transfer to UT-Pan American to continue playing. He is also on the list of potential candidates for the HC position

There is absolutely zero reason to hemorrhage money on a new football stadium when we have a perfectly good Dome to play in. UTSA is building facilities in their new Park West complex. Like I mentioned we already have a new soccer stadium and a top notch track and field stadium. Soon we will add a basketball arena and baseball stadium.

Try explaining that to Tulane.

• Upvote 1

Apparently you don't understand college athletics.

Being that you really don't participate in them, it's understandable.

Are you sure? How awfully elitist of you. Proven point

We are not elitist. Far from it. We have had to struggle and claw to get to where we are, which is only around #50 ion the BCS poll. It's been a hard road, something you would know zero about.

The fact is, your program doesn't deserve anyone's respect. Not Tulsa's, not UTEP's, and not New Mexico's. I don't care that you won a football game. Your program and your facilities SUCK. You will eventually be a financial drag on this conference once the novelty wears off.

According to you guys, you have been successful beyond your wildest dreams in this THIRD YEAR of your program, yet your attendance is in a free fall, You are a novelty in San Antonio. As soon as UT gets really good again, you lose your entire fan base. Students won't go to see a losing team because the stadium is 15 miles from campus.

Just disaster written all over you.

• Upvote 3

Let me just get this out of the way. UNT putting the hurt to Tulane's QB Nick Montana did nothing to help UTSA win that game. Montana is about as bad as they come. Him being in the game gave UTSA a better chance to win then anything else. It's crazy talk to gloat about knocking Montana out. Tulane would be a far better team had they have had the Southern Miss, La Tech, or UTEP QB.

If I was Joe Montana I would go back to my wife and slap the crap outta her and say there is no way, no way that is my kid out there!

A simple phone call to Jerry Springer could clear this up.

funny how unt fan is quick to dismiss any chance that UTSA may have against you all based on the fact that we beat tulane and you didn't and yet those same fans reference the fact that the mavs beat the heat in 6 and the spurs weren't able to... as if that makes the mavs better than the SPURS... but i agree, it proves nothing... we'll prove it on the field...

• Upvote 1

oh... and by the way... i believe the count is 4 to 1... in the Spurs favor...

Head To Head San Antonio Spurs logo_sanantoniospurs_b.gif vs. logo_dallasmavericks_b.gif Dallas Mavericks 185
Total Games Played

(season and playoffs) 1946-47 NBA Timeline 2013-14 p.gifline_vert.gifline_hor.gifline_vert.gifp.gifSpurs: 1976-77 to 2013-14 p.gifline_vert.giflinea_hor_2.gifline_vert.gifMavericks: 1980-81 to 2013-14 p.gifline_vert.giflinea_hor_2.gifline_vert.gif NBA Regular Season Summary 156 Regular Season
Games
Season All-Time Record: pixel_green.gifpixel_red.gif 92 - 64 San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks Season Stats: Totals: Record Gm San Antonio Spurs 92 - 64 Dallas Mavericks 156 winning %: (.590) (.410) Franchise variants: Record Gm San Antonio Spurs 92 - 64 Dallas Mavericks 156 NBA Playoffs Summary 29 Playoff Games Playoff All-Time Record: pixel_green.gifpixel_red.gif 16 - 13 San Antonio Spurs vs. Dallas Mavericks Playoffs Stats: Totals: Record Gm San Antonio Spurs 16 - 13 Dallas Mavericks 29 winning %: (.552) (.448) Franchise variants: Record Gm San Antonio Spurs 16 - 13 Dallas Mavericks 29 Playoff Series Won Series Won San Antonio Spurs 3 - 2 Dallas Mavericks Playoff Series Details By Year 2010 Western Conference First Round San Antonio Spurs 4 - 2 Dallas Mavericks 2009 Western Conference First Round San Antonio Spurs 1 - 4 Dallas Mavericks 2006 Western Conference Semifinals San Antonio Spurs 3 - 4 Dallas Mavericks 2003 Western Conference Finals San Antonio Spurs 4 - 2 Dallas Mavericks 2001 Western Conference Semifinals San Antonio Spurs 4 - 1 Dallas Mavericks
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1