Here's what worries me about UTSA

Harry

We have not lost on Senior Day in any of Mac's three years and this will not change this year! These Seniors will have their picture on Mac's desk just like the last two senior classes! These are the facts and they are irrefutable!

True! Almost forgot it was senior day! Very special senior class who will do anything and everything to win this game.
  • Upvote 1

Let me just get this out of the way. UNT putting the hurt to Tulane's QB Nick Montana did nothing to help UTSA win that game. Montana is about as bad as they come. Him being in the game gave UTSA a better chance to win then anything else. It's crazy talk to gloat about knocking Montana out. Tulane would be a far better team had they have had the Southern Miss, La Tech, or UTEP QB.

If I was Joe Montana I would go back to my wife and slap the crap outta her and say there is no way, no way that is my kid out there!

• Upvote 2

Let me just get this out of the way. UNT putting the hurt to Tulane's QB Nick Montana did nothing to help UTSA win that game. Montana is about as bad as they come. Him being in the game gave UTSA a better chance to win then anything else. It's crazy talk to gloat about knocking Montana out. Tulane would be a far better team had they have had the Southern Miss, La Tech, or UTEP QB.

If I was Joe Montana I would go back to my wife and slap the crap outta her and say there is no way, no way that is my kid out there!

Just so I am clear, you don't think he is very good, correct?

• Upvote 1

While beating y'all by 21 isn't a complete impossibility (anything is possible on any given day), it isn't the most likely scenario. Beating y'all by a sound 8-10 points is more within the realm of reality. So is a loss.

My gut tells me the Roadrunners will do whatever it takes to make sure we have the best chance of winning this game. You will see our best team.

Idaho got a 1Q TD, no extra point, and didn't score again the game. 40 - 6.

Minus a pick 6, and/or a long TD pass to start the game, we beat Ohio.

We spotted Ball State a 20 - 3 lead, and beat them, they never scored in the 2nd half

Georgia has not been the same team since playing us in a game which was tied late in the 3rd, before their depth put us away. I believe their star RB was hurt because of this game.

We gave Tulane a pick 6 and a FG block for a TD, and they still had to kick a field goal as time expired to win. If we came out with a decent game plane in the first half, we win.

We crushed Middle Tennessee, literally. They get a touchdown in the 2Q, and do not score in the 2nd half.

La Tech manages only a field goal in the 4th quarter as their only points in the 2nd half, to lose 28-13

Southern Miss is demolished 55-14.

We beat Rice 28-16 on 4 days rest. Not only do they not score in the 2nd half, they catch us sleeping on a long run to the 2 yard line. Not only do they not score, we push them back on 4 plays. Due to some horrid officiating, they get another 4, and get pushed further back. Many people across the country say that was the best goal line stand they have ever seen in football.

We crush UTEP 41-7, giving them only a TD in the third, after the game was decided.

If you have any hope of winning, you must do so in the first half. Then, you have to hope that we don't manage to fight our way back. So basically, you have to do something that Ball State , Ohio, Tulane, Georgia, and Rice couldn't do. Ohio and Tulane managed to pull out wins. Georgia's depth and talent did us in.

Let's face it, you're not Georgia.

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 2

Idaho got a 1Q TD, no extra point, and didn't score again the game. 40 - 6.

Minus a pick 6, and/or a long TD pass to start the game, we beat Ohio.

We spotted Ball State a 20 - 3 lead, and beat them, they never scored in the 2nd half

Georgia has not been the same team since playing us in a game which was tied late in the 3rd, before their depth put us away. I believe their star RB was hurt because of this game.

We gave Tulane a pick 6 and a FG block for a TD, and they still had to kick a field goal as time expired to win. If we came out with a decent game plane in the first half, we win.

We crushed Middle Tennessee, literally. They get a touchdown in the 2Q, and do not score in the 2nd half.

La Tech manages only a field goal in the 4th quarter as their only points in the 2nd half, to lose 28-13

Southern Miss is demolished 55-14.

We beat Rice 28-16 on 4 days rest. Not only do they not score in the 2nd half, they catch us sleeping on a long run to the 2 yard line. Not only do they not score, we push them back on 4 plays. Due to some horrid officiating, they get another 4, and get pushed further back. Many people across the country say that was the best goal line stand they have ever seen in football.

We crush UTEP 41-7, giving them only a TD in the third, after the game was decided.

If you have any hope of winning, you must do so in the first half. Then, you have to hope that we don't manage to fight our way back. So basically, you have to do something that Ball State , Ohio, Tulane, Georgia, and Rice couldn't do. Ohio and Tulane managed to pull out wins. Georgia's depth and talent did us in.

Let's face it, you're not Georgia.

Nice synopsis of your games. Impressive actually.

What you may not know about the UTSA Roadrunners is that they do not give up. Quit does not exist in their world. Our boys will fight you til the last second of the game, and more importantly til the whistle blows on any given play. Heart cannot be coached... you either have it or you don't. Sure, good coaching can bring it to the forefront... but even at the peewee league level, some players have it, and some don't. From what I've seen of our 'Runners, they all have it.

If you spot us a first half lead... you will lose by at least that point differential.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nice synopsis of your games. Impressive actually.

What you may not know about the UTSA Roadrunners is that they do not give up. Quit does not exist in their world. Our boys will fight you til the last second of the game, and more importantly til the whistle blows on any given play. Heart cannot be coached... you either have it or you don't. Sure, good coaching can bring it to the forefront... but even at the peewee league level, some players have it, and some don't. From what I've seen of our 'Runners, they all have it.

If you spot us a first half lead... you will lose by at least that point differential.

I appreciate the gumption, but if Ball State couldn't hold a 17-point differential, there is not a snowball's chance in hell that you all will.

Dear Harry,

You worried about La Tech. We took care of them.

You worried about USM (why. I'll never know). 135-2.

You worried about UTEP, who raised the white flag pre-game by putting in a True Frosh who had never thrown a collegiate pass in his life. Slaughter.

You now worry about a team who has never beaten a team with a winning record. EVER!!

This is beginning to seem like a bit.

We beat this team 35-5

There is no way they get a safety.
  • Upvote 2

Let me get this straight. We have worries, ANY worries whatsoever, that a glorified practice squad with a good QB is gonna come into Apogee and beat us? In aplace where Mac is something like 13-3? On Senior Day, with this bunch of seniors? When we have the CUSA title game within our grasp if we just take care of our business? Against a glorified practice squad (had to repeat that for emphasis)?

REALLY???!!

• Upvote 2

I used to believe in the tooth fairy... til that biotch stiffed me.

You are free to believe in anything your little heart desires.

I'm just giving you what you asked for big fella.

Also, bad news: That wasn't the tooth fairy that "stiffed" you. I don't know who it was, but you may want to call a counselor to talk about it.

• Upvote 1