Official Ohio Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

I predict we will play football, and if we go Medieval Mean Green on them we will whip their asses.

This is the kind of game we must start winning, and this is as good a time as any to start. In fact I think the time is now, Win baby win!

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

My thoughts are this....

My feeling is they will still load up on the run and have a "prove it" attitude toward DT.

I believe this is exactly what they will do. The issue will be--can these newfangled receivers get open. Idaho is Idaho. Ohio has more playmakers in the secondary and rushing the passer. UNT will have to be able to run or at least have the threat of the run, and DT will have to be on his game with quick passes, because Ohio is going to come after him.

I believe this is exactly what they will do. The issue will be--can these newfangled receivers get open. Idaho is Idaho. Ohio has more playmakers in the secondary and rushing the passer. UNT will have to be able to run or at least have the threat of the run, and DT will have to be on his game with quick passes, because Ohio is going to come after him.

To add on to this, Ohio threw a lot of zone at Louisville. I agree that they will again load the box and force DT to beat them. Bridgewater was able to find the holes in their zone defense. DT has not always been good at recognizing and finding the wide open holes in zone defenses and often locks in on his first read. I saw him doing this again last week, but Idaho's secondary was so bad that he got away with it. It'll be interesting to watch his progression this week.

This game will hinge on our QB play---and hopefully doesn't come down to field goals.

• Upvote 1

To add on to this, Ohio threw a lot of zone at Louisville. I agree that they will again load the box and force DT to beat them. Bridgewater was able to find the holes in their zone defense. DT has not always been good at recognizing and finding the wide open holes in zone defenses and often locks in on his first read. I saw him doing this again last week, but Idaho's secondary was so bad that he got away with it. It'll be interesting to watch his progression this week.

This game will hinge on our QB play---and hopefully doesn't come down to field goals.

You know, I was watching this because Derek had a TON of time to throw on several occasions and I saw him check down quite a bit.

Now, Ohio may not give him as much time as Idaho did, but still, hopefully he continues to check down like he did last Saturday.

• Upvote 2

We win and it isn't close. I too watched DT check through his progressions a number of times and believe he has turned the corner. He won't have a game like he did against Idaho, but we will win and it will be easier than many thought.

The big plays early against Idaho worried me, but many national writers predicted we might have trouble early considering we didn't have any film on a Petrino coached Idaho, but that we would make adjustments and run away with the game. They were right on all fronts. I think this defense has the makings of our defenses of old that just hammered people. Orr, Lee, Trice and company were great and Will Wright also stood out along with Bellazin and Lincoln on the Dline.

UNT 34

OU 14

• Upvote 1