This is why we NEED to WIN NOW.

meangreener

Meangreener: "This game, the Idaho game, is gigantic. Huge 100 year celebration, chance to start off with a blowout"

We are all praying your team, like this poster, enters with this attitude. Please. Please, keep thinking we are going to be a your celebratory sacrifice (beeech) to the 100th year of UNT football. This. We want this. Petrino loves this.

Edited by joeyvee
  • Upvote 3

Meangreener: "This game, the Idaho game, is gigantic. Huge 100 year celebration, chance to start off with a blowout"

We are all praying your team, like this poster, enters with this attitude. Please. Please, keep thinking we are going to be a your celebratory sacrifice (beeech) to the 100th year of UNT football. This. We want this. Petrino loves this.

Us fans may enter with this but you have a 0% chance of the team thinking it. This is a huge game and they know it. Personally, y'all would have had a better chance if it wasn't this game, IMO.

I mean, make no mistake, this is a money game, so y'all were chosen as a sacrificial lamb but still, doubtful anyone is overlooking.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2

Joeyvee, it is the start of a new season. Our fans, like yours, are filled with optimism and hope. We are both undefeated and tied for the best record in the nation.

I am quite sure your fans are talking about blowing us out as some of our fans talk about certain UNT domination. It happens during preseason.

I am sure both teams are planning on a hard fought game and not a blowout. Time will tell and so will the scoreboard.

Good luck to you and Glory To The Green!

• Upvote 2

So, I've been here for like three years and when I came school spirit and pride was...alright. Not good, not great. I was mostly apathetic to football and school spirit but there was a decent amount of pride.

Sophomore year it grew a little and last year, even more.

Go drive around campus. One out of every two students is wearing a UNT shirt. I remember my move-in day and it wasn't like that, neither was when my girlfriend moved in, or last year. The hashtag #UNT17 is trending worldwide. Students are legitimately excited about attending here...the fact that the campus is so green right now proves that we are their FIRST choice to come to college now. UNT dorms are overflowing to the point of 3 kids in West rooms, new dorm plans and they are even putting kids up in hotels.

I mean, with the new Union, stadium and enormous amount of renovations+plus the media from the CUSA move, there's a ton of excitement around campus now.

This game, the Idaho game, is gigantic. Huge 100 year celebration, chance to start off with a blowout and send these new kids back to the dorms going, "Man, this team is a LOT better than I've heard." That way, they come back. And they keep coming back. Potentially a huge crowd. We cannot afford to waste this opportunity this year and that's why when I hear people accepting the idea that we won't be great this year, I refuse to accept that. We can't afford that. We need to take advantage of this NOW.

It's not just me. We now have real apparel flying off shelves at real stores, cars are adorned with UNT gear everywhere...I know this article has been said before but it really was just noticeable as I was heading to the Rec. I've harped on this since the year ended for football last year, but it has really exploded this year.

Please, UNT, take advantage of this and don't fall back into the "typical ol' NT"

Keep these kids excited.

I agree, this is the time! This could be the season that launches us to greater things!

Edited by Green Crazy

Anyone know how many dorm residents we have? Can't be more than 1k since we are a "commuter school"

I don't know what the total occupancies of the newer halls are, but I think there were 9 halls and about 4,000 residents back in the day. So I'd estimate probably between 6K-8K now. We're nowhere near the "commuter school" that we once were (and often are still labeled as being).

• Upvote 1

This is great news, but a question. In years past, when I've walked thru campus before games going to the bookstore and such there has been nearly nothing on campus that shows a football schedule, or that there is a game this week. What kind of promotion is there around campus that there is a game in 6 days?

Gosh. If only we paid somebody to do promotions. Can we get that in next year's budget?

You know...that's interesting as I have seen signs on campus announcing the games the week of the game, and when I refereed Denton Soccer games on Saturday morning before the game, I would see a sign at the entrance to the soccer complex announcing the game! And, several times a year the UNT bounce house would be at the field...sometimes with Cheer Team members.

Hey, not saying it's great stuff or anything...just acknowledging that this sort of thing has been done....don't know about this season as yet.

But, for folks to continually post that this sort of thing is never done is, well, simply incorrect.

• Upvote 1

There are 14 dorms now filled to the brim. Something like 6.5k beds.

You know, I think I'll make a blog post detailing the new master plan and all that has changed over the last decade and a half and will be changing over the next 2 decades.

Thanks for putting a number to that Chris. I'd never heard 14 but that sounds right.

Looking forward to your article.

This is great news, but a question. In years past, when I've walked thru campus before games going to the bookstore and such there has been nearly nothing on campus that shows a football schedule, or that there is a game this week. What kind of promotion is there around campus that there is a game in 6 days?

You'd have to be deaf and blind to not see things on campus or the amount of people telling to go or the Mean green Fling which is pretty much just "GO TO THE GAME OR ELSE"