Apogee v Fouts

H-towngreen

Reading the article, I really saw nothing untrue about it. Only thing I would say is I don't remember anyone ever promising a massive increase in attendance because of Apogee. If someone can show me where anyone in the administration gave some kind of specific increase in numbers promise, then I take that back. I don't remember seeing that in print.

• Upvote 4

Furthermore... :bling:

Even if this author has a point - which they do, actually - bottom line is were we committed to D1 ball. If not, then we should have kept Fouts and dropped down to D1AA. Simple as that, this was about a commitment to D1 ball. Our acceptance to CUSA is the payoff here.

• Upvote 2

Before the stadium opened, advertisements about season tickets flooded the campus, TV stations and billboards along the campus.

If all of the TV stations along the campus were flooded, why aren't we averaging 30K plus through all of our home dates? The writer is correct...Apogee = epic fail.

That is a well constructed sentence boys and girls, take a moment to appreciate its beauty.

• Downvote 1

It will be interesting to compare the visiting Apogee attendance numbers from the Sun Belt teams to C-USA.

It will be interesting. With things being equal like performance on the field, weather, etc. I think we see a significant bump - like 20%. We have already seen that Rice and Tulsa bring a decent contingiet to Fouts and the interest of locals gets piqued. An attendance of 21K against conference foe Troy would probably be 25K against conference foe Tulsa.

At that point the stadium has a more "packed" feel and the experience is more enjoyable and increases the chances of folks coming back.

I think a North Texas/Tulsa matchup in a game that actually mattered would push capacity.

• Upvote 1