Kansas State Prediction

Censored by Laurie

Hey guys, K-State fan here. Just wanted to come on here and wish you guys good luck and wanted to reply to some of the comments and leave my prediction.

I predict that after November 13, Kansas State university will never again schedule the University of North Texas in any sport.

Strongly disagree. Bill Snyder and Dan McCarney (SP) are actually pretty good friends. I would be very surprised if the Cats and the mean green don't play again in the near future. I know this was a joke, but yeah felt I needed to respond.

Not sure what you're getting at there, but a first year, never played together before North Texas baseball team would have a legit chance at a series win over woeful Kansas State, the bottom dweller of an otherwise strong Big XII conference.

You are strongly underestimating k-states baseball program. 5 years ago, yes K-State was god awful. But look up recent stats. Last year the cats had a down year and finished I want to say 8th. But the 3 seasons before that we finished in the top half of the big 12 and made three consecutive NCAA regionals (just couldn't get that last win to get to the CWS)

We're better than Miami.

34-31 UNT.

LOL. Awesome post.

We should be able to run the ball on you a little better than this.

Disagree. Yes two seasons ago UNT ran all over k-states pitiful rush defense. But times have changed. K-State has much more speed on the line in DE's Adam Davis, and MeShak Williams. Arthur Brown is also one of the best and fastest linebackers in the country. K-States weakness on defense is their pass coverage. Nigel Malone was an All-American last season with 7 INT's, but lacks speed and can tend to get burnt deep. But luckily k-states pass rush is solid so it hasn't really effected us.

Still I think this game will be closer than expected by the experts. Bill Snyder will throw out a Vanilla playbook to avoid showing OU (team that's next on our schedule). I'll say K-State wins 45-6 (two field goals). No team has scored a touchdown against K-States first team defense, but they have had success getting into the redzone. Best of luck to you guys, and I hope ya'll win the Sun Belt. Also if you feel like talking trash to some cat fans visit wildcatvictory.com. Our message boards have been slacking a bit lately and would love a little trash talk to heat it up haha.

• Upvote 1

Disagree. Yes two seasons ago UNT ran all over k-states pitiful rush defense. But times have changed. K-State has much more speed on the line in DE's Adam Davis, and MeShak Williams. Arthur Brown is also one of the best and fastest linebackers in the country. K-States weakness on defense is their pass coverage. Nigel Malone was an All-American last season with 7 INT's, but lacks speed and can tend to get burnt deep. But luckily k-states pass rush is solid so it hasn't really effected us.

I certainly didn't mean we were going to torch you guys for almost 300 yards again, but I think we should be able to run enough to score more than 1 TD, and DEFINITELY more than just 2 FG's. I understand you guys got better. That is obvious from your AP ranking. The thing is, our O-line got better too! True, Dunbar is gone, but we have a 3-headed RB now. Thunder/Lightning/All-Purpose, so they should be able to get the job done.

I certainly didn't mean we were going to torch you guys for almost 300 yards again, but I think we should be able to run enough to score more than 1 TD, and DEFINITELY more than just 2 FG's. I understand you guys got better. That is obvious from your AP ranking. The thing is, our O-line got better too! True, Dunbar is gone, but we have a 3-headed RB now. Thunder/Lightning/All-Purpose, so they should be able to get the job done.

I got ya. I'm not saying that I don't think its impossible that UNT scores a touchdown also, I just don't think they will. Miami is a team that is very young, and honestly not a very good football team. That being said they have great HB depth. 5 star freshman Duke Johnson K-State held to 19 yards on 6 carries. SR HB Mike James was limited to 27 yards on 9 carries. Rest of the team 14 carries -6 yards. Totaling 40 yards on 29 carries (1.4 ypc). Bryd and Jimmerson seem like very solid backs, but I just don't see them having much success on Saturday.

Believe me, if I'm wrong i will eat major crow haha.

I got ya. I'm not saying that I don't think its impossible that UNT scores a touchdown also, I just don't think they will. Miami is a team that is very young, and honestly not a very good football team. That being said they have great HB depth. 5 star freshman Duke Johnson K-State held to 19 yards on 6 carries. SR HB Mike James was limited to 27 yards on 9 carries. Rest of the team 14 carries -6 yards. Totaling 40 yards on 29 carries (1.4 ypc). Bryd and Jimmerson seem like very solid backs, but I just don't see them having much success on Saturday.

Believe me, if I'm wrong i will eat major crow haha.

I just don't think K-state's D is similar to LSU. We did more than that against them.

Also if you feel like talking trash to some cat fans visit wildcatvictory.com

GoMeanGreen is the wife. GoEMAW is the mistress.

If I'd suffered some sort of teenage violent brain injury that prohibited me from getting in to North Texas, I might just have gone with Kansas State instead. All because of those charming devils. The diminished cognitive capacity would probably make me incapable of recognizing that I should be ashamed of the company there, and I could still enjoy the jokes and pretty pictures.

KSU beat a Miami team that happens to be far more talented than UNT by 39 last week. I'd expect a similar outcome to this one. If UNT finishes within 20 it will make me pretty confident with the conference schedule.

And we only lost to an LSU team (who happens to be far more talented than K-State) by 27. Football doesn't work that way, sorry.

• Upvote 3

Transitive properties don't really apply to football games. Never the less, that all we have to go by for guessing outcomes. Washington is a far better team than Miami and they only got a field goal against LSU. We got 14.

ESPN thinks we'll get at least one touchdown against the KState defense and I think they are right. Not sure how much more than that wee will get.

What I don't see is our still young defense being able to stop KState consistently. Yes, we will some. We we will get a sack. But yes, they will get some passes over our back field for big gains.

I think we lose by 20 to 30.