White Out Game

Green Otaku

I don't know if anyone has connections to the athletic department or RV but it would be a great tradition to start IMO. Making an event at every game is a good way to get people to come out.

-Home Coming

-Family Weekend

-White out

Plus it looks really impressive. I know other teams do similar things like West Virginia does the Gold Rush night in the 2nd pic.

white1js9.gif

.mountaineergoldbig.jpg

Of course green should be encouraged for every other football game.

• Upvote 1

We're finally wearing the most green we ever have, let's just stick with that. We try green outs all the time and it sort of fails since 1/3 of the place is empty

I think we still need to work on our Green Out. It would make more sense for the Green Out to be our tradition.

Athletic department is doing a decent job of telling people to wear green. But agreed that they should keep pushing that.

What many teams do for these games is already have shirts on the chairs, and people just put the shirts on.

GYI0064387970_crop_450x500.jpg?1303175826

Edited by Green Otaku
  • Upvote 1

Lots of green Saturday at Apogee...let's stay with green...students are finally wearing green...let's not confuse them! ha! Green Out Game sounds great!!!!! Love the idea of anything like this...students did great saturday. A tad disappointed in the Alumni side crowd....but 22,000+ for TSU...not too bad!

• Upvote 2

Lots of gree Saturday at Apogee...let's stay with green...students are finally wearing green...let's not confuse them! ha! Green Out Game sounds great!!!!! Love the idea of anything like this...students did great saturday. A tad disappointed in the Alumni side crowd....but 22,000+ for TSU...not too bad!

Actually I think it could help people wear green to other games more. Athletic department would have to do a good job of telling people about this special game but stress that green should be worn at all other games.

Actually I think it could help people wear green to other games more. Athletic department would have to do a good job of telling people about this special game but stress that green should be worn at all other games.

Four positive posts in one thread. Outstanding! But...you keep doing that and you're going to have to get a different moniker.

I like your white out idea. Someone may not come because they don't have (the proper color of) green but everyone has a white t-shirt so they won't feel out of place. That doesn't mean do away with the green but use white as a special promotion.

Edited by GrayEagle

Georgia did a blackout a few years ago. Tho I just think a any kind thing like that would only look cool and better if the stadium was full all around. Like I said in another thread that the King's Court in Seattle for when Felix Hernandez pitches is pretty cool because it usually just one or two sections and it's completely full(even when the rest of the stadium may be empty) with fans wearing bright yellow tshirts. I think that would work if we did something similar for the immediate term.

7730130048_06a74aaebd.jpg

Just say no.

1. We're the Mean Green, let's stick with that.

Exactly. I think we're the only school using a color as a noun. Not Green Wave, Green Thunder, or Green Whatever. We are the MEAN GREEN! This uniqueness should be used constantly as part of making a recognizable ICONIC image for UNT. Instead of worrying about whether somebody passing by a TV will know that we're North Texas because it says so on our helmets, we should have such a BadA$$ color of green that is unique, CONSISTENT, totally recognizable, and immediately identifies us as the University of North Texas Mean Green.

With that said, I'd be a little queezy if we went back to the 70's Worm colors, but on the other hand, it sure would be identifiable. Part of me even likes the idea of trying something wild like a NEON green. I bet Nike could come up with something cool for us. (Just leave out the silver reflective tape!)