For those not there...

...you would not believe the defense. Flying to the ball...knocking passes away...jacking up Hoosiers with some bone-jarring hits.

I think this thing is coming together.

And, Zach Orr...he's the leader of the pack, ya'll. He's in or near almost every play. He's the real deal.

Orr is a man. Great performance tonight and ditto Akpunku.

...you would not believe the defense. Flying to the ball...knocking passes away...jacking up Hoosiers with some bone-jarring hits.

I think this thing is coming together.

And, Zach Orr...he's the leader of the pack, ya'll. He's in or near almost every play. He's the real deal.

I saw a number 51 by the name of January. Who is he because I donot remember him as a recruit? Thanks

Slight correction.... We are a BCS school. Our conference does not get an automatic bid to a BCS bowl game, but all FBS teams are in the BCS. That changed a fee years ago... but none the less, it was our first win against an auto bid BCS school since 2003 (when we destroyed Baylor)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Michael "Stock" Stojkovic had the hit of the game to me...

although, it almost brought a tear to my eye seeing the end(on the student side) bull rush their right tackle and knock him on his ars...2 times in the second half. He didn't quite get to the qb, but it was a welcome sight! Forgive me, but was that McCoy?

and btw, since this is for those who weren't there, WHERE THE HELL WAS EVERYBODY?

I have to give the fans around me especially yesterday props, as I believe they made a much bigger effort getting loud on D...especially on 3rd(and 4th) down. I just hoped we would have more there...

Kind of embarassing to see those stands like that... but, I guess we are in baby step mode...you know, OTHER THAN THE W!!!

I enjoyed the hell out of last night...and it was almost fitting that we die hard fans had to sweat out the 4th quarter. I will never forget Mac's first W here!

I believe I remember being told that he is golfer Don January's grandson - in fact, I remember seeing Don January and his son (the UNT player's father) at the practice field during spring practice.

That is correct. Sean was recruited out of an Arizona Juco. This is his last year of eligibility.

Getting a little overdone as of late. Let's save this display until we win a conference title.

Um...No. Our boys deserved some up close and personal "Great Job" or "Congrats". Several times I heard fans say "Great job" or "Congrats" to our players...the player responded "Thank you for all of the support". They needed that last night no question.

GO MEAN GREEN!

JRock

• Upvote 2

I thought the energy was great. I think our endzone needs to become like GA Techs with students hanging over the side banging on the wall making all kinds of noise. that endzone magnifies the sound and a few deep rows of crazy pit crew style greens could make it crazy loud and force those time outs consistently.

i don't think we significant drop off in attendance the rest of the year. I know the people there for the first time yesterday are going back because of the experience.

great job for the 21 plus there. Lets get 22 or 23 for FAU. Meanwhile lets beat tulsa and come back shooting for 500.

GMG

Um...No. Our boys deserved some up close and personal "Great Job" or "Congrats". Several times I heard fans say "Great job" or "Congrats" to our players...the player responded "Thank you for all of the support". They needed that last night no question.

GO MEAN GREEN!

JRock

Great. Looking forward to students storming the field against Fla Atlantic, you know, since it is a conference game and all.

I think the best way to show support for the team is to fill the freaking stadium

and make it hard as hell on the opposing team.

I just think charging the field should be reserved for something more special than a non-conference win over a bad football team.

Or maybe we should just do it everytime we win a game, because that really makes it a special experience, right?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2