Eric Capper Tweets on UNT Student Ticket Sales

Harry

I don't think this will hurt attendance at all. Actually, way back in the Snake Pit MVC days, students had to get tickets to be guaranteed a seat. You could still get in on game days but only if there were tickets available. The Snake Pit only held about 4500 and was sold out for most of the night games when I attended.

2,000 tickets if that was the first day, doesn't sound all that good to me although that might be the capacity for one day; but they are going to have to average that many to get to the 8,000 by Saturday. A less than capacity student turnout would be disappointing for the stadium's first game.

I don't think this will hurt attendance at all. Actually, way back in the Snake Pit MVC days, students had to get tickets to be guaranteed a seat. You could still get in on game days but only if there were tickets available. The Snake Pit only held about 4500 and was sold out for most of the night games when I attended.

2,000 tickets if that was the first day, doesn't sound all that good to me although that might be the capacity for one day; but they are going to have to average that many to get to the 8,000 by Saturday. A less than capacity student turnout would be disappointing for the stadium's first game.

I wouldn't worry about the numbers. 2,000 is great for the first day. I expect close to half of students will end up at the gate on game day thinking they can just swipe their ID. Once we do this a couple of times, the students will get in the habit of getting their tickets early in the week.

Ya, don't like the sounds of the whole ticket thing. We don't need to give our students ANY kind of reason not to come w/ the state of our team. I don't see what the problem w/ student ID swiping was.

1. Because demand is likely to be high.

2. Because it puts a "value" on the ticket when you have on physically in your hand.

• Upvote 5

1. Because demand is likely to be high.

2. Because it puts a "value" on the ticket when you have on physically in your hand.

Demand should far outweigh supply in this case, likely to be the same case with the Indiana game as well.

I'm thinking more and more this will be a sellout.

Being 25% of the way to the goal after day one is great. Especially, since we've never done this before. Like some of you I suspect a lot of students will wait until game day to get their tickets with some being turned away.

BTW, no offense to Mr. Capper, but it would be a lot cooler if they gave RV or coach Mac a twitter page. It's not like they would have to write it themselves. Just appoint an SID to run it and get a quote a couple times a day. Who would know the difference?

We, NT Athletics, has a legacy of "walk ups" and "I'm not going to buy season tickets." For decades, we, me too, have waited until the last minute to go to the games or come into the stadium. I haave arrived during the playing of our National Anthem many more times than I'd like to be reminded of.

Those days are over. If you want tickets, plan ahead. Just like you'd plan ahead for any other event.

We're the big time now. We've got to act like it.

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 2

I like this. Very much.

We, NT Athletics, has a legacy of "walk ups" and "I'm not going to buy season tickets." For decades, we, me too, have waited until the last minute to go to the games or come into the stadium. I haave arrived during the playing of our National Anthem many more times than I'd like to be reminded of.

Those days are over. If you want tickets, plan ahead. Just like you'd plan ahead for any other event.

We're the big time now. We've got to act like it.

GO MEAN GREEN

Ya, don't like the sounds of the whole ticket thing. We don't need to give our students ANY kind of reason not to come w/ the state of our team. I don't see what the problem w/ student ID swiping was.

because you have recent grads and not so recent grads who still try to sneak into the game for free and then bitch when their ID no longer works because they are no longer a student, while making a scene at the gates.

• Upvote 1

Consider that it was a Tuesday I can guarantee Wed will have bigger numbers simply because more people on on campus.

I bought my 6 tickets yesterday. Im also a student but Im sitting on the alumni side with a group of recent graduates. Looking forward to the game, I hope its full. The students better show up. I too see the ticket thing as a problem. As a student I have noticed that not too many people know about it. There were a few people who were wearing apogee stickers that they got if they picked up tickets. That was a good idea because it got people to ask questons and find out that they have to go pick up tickets. Id say that the 2000 tickets sold out of the 36k students is a good indication of the percentage of students who know that you have to go pick up tickets. The disconnect between the students and our athletic programs is ridiculous. Lets get our butts out there, support the program, and enjoy the stadium. Im realistic, not expecting w's anytime soon, but im going to do my part and try to support as much as I can. If you dont go to a game the rest of the season, be at this one. Im going to tailgate hard, and enjoy the f out of it. Dont care what the score ends up being.

• Upvote 4

:lol:

I can see the headline now:

"Student Pays for Stadium, Turned Away by Nazi Football Team."

Would that not be accurate (sans 1930s dramatization)?

Am I wrong in thinking that a student should not have to pay for a ticket...especially for the first game in which they footed nearly half the bill?

If the student section and reserved seats fill, then GA should be either for sale to walk-ups or given (since they're already paid for) to students.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1