Timmy Mac Joins The Twitter Prediction Party

Quoner

Posted earlier that "IF" Coach Mac is not the man, some from the UNT Athletic Dept are going to be belching out some serious belly laughs :lol: toward this forum--which is not many of their favorites reading material I have been told.

McCarney may get the job, but there is still some strange 6'th sense telling me that we all should wait before we crown him the new king. Of course, GoMeanGreen.com has gone viral with all the Coach Mac stuff (including my own thread which basically talks about his background and comments concerning his apparent upper level coaching abilities).

Folks, we had to go with this kind of hire sooner or later... whether it be Coach Fran or Coach Mac or Coach Leavitt because.........we had tried all the others that did not improve our lot in the NCAA at a level few of us could or would brag about at Dallas-Fort Worth area office break rooms water fountain talks.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Not sure how accurate this page is, but it says that the job is down to McCarney and Canalas and will be announced at the basketball game a week from tonight:

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Hmmm. Seriously doubt it will be "announced" at the game. He may make an appearance but more than likely there will be a press conference.

I don't know Football Scoop's record on getting it right but unless their "inside" source is RV I wouldn't wager above a buck on Canales vs. McCarney.

Coach Fran has been my favorite fairly early. He has not only name recognition but has won at both the mid-major and AQ levels. He has been a great recruiter. He has had a winning record at every stop in either his first or second year.

He also seems to do well at assembling coaching staffs. He hired Gary Patterson (who had only been a position coach at the Division I level) as his DC at New Mexico and brought him with him to TCU and the results speak for themselves.

I just hope Tim is right on this one.

Edited by GrayEagle

I don't know Football Scoop's record on getting it right but unless their "inside" source is RV I wouldn't wager above a buck on Canales vs. McCarney.

Coach Fran has been my favorite fairly early. He has not only name recognition but has won at both the mid-major and AQ levels. He has been a great recruiter. He has had a winning record at every stop in either his first or second year.

He also seems to do well at assembling coaching staffs. He hired Gary Patterson (who had only been a position coach at the Division I level) as his DC at New Mexico and brought him with him to TCU and the results speak for themselves.

I just hope Tim is right on this one.

I'll certainly take Fran over (yawn) McCarney any day. Like I said in another thread, we've already had the Rod Rust experience.

Canales is still my favorite.

I'll certainly take Fran over (yawn) McCarney any day. Like I said in another thread, we've already had the Rod Rust experience.

Canales is still my favorite.

Not counting Canales out because he has really grown on me to the point that if he is hired, I would be happy with the decision. I thought though that RV was quoted as saying they were narrowing the search down to someone that has been out of coaching for several years ie Fran not Dan. I have to admit I would still love to see Leavitt hired and Chico stay on as OC but doubt that would happen. I wouldn't mind Bowden coming in either but the more I think about it my top choice now is for Fran to come in and bring his son in as OC and groom him to take over the HC position down the road.

Not counting Canales out because he has really grown on me to the point that if he is hired, I would be happy with the decision. I thought though that RV was quoted as saying they were narrowing the search down to someone that has been out of coaching for several years ie Fran not Dan. I have to admit I would still love to see Leavitt hired and Chico stay on as OC but doubt that would happen. I wouldn't mind Bowden coming in either but the more I think about it my top choice now is for Fran to come in and bring his son in as OC and groom him to take over the HC position down the road.

Isn't Little Fran a defensive coach? He has stated in the past that he would prefer to be a DC under his father as HC. Take that scenario and pair it with Chico at OC...and I say we have a winner. Prob not whats going to happen though

• Upvote 1

Not sure how accurate this page is, but it says that the job is down to McCarney and Canalas and will be announced at the basketball game a week from tonight

I can see it now, the new HC is lead to the middle of the court prior to tip-off with a paper bag over his head hiding his identity. The paper bag has a big question mark drawn on the front of it. The band starts a drum roll and RV walks over and pulls the bag off his head revealing our new HC!

• Upvote 3

His latest:

@Darren_Smith Based on what I hear, it'll be Fran or Dan McCarney, with Kragthorpe as the fallback candidate. And yes, UNT needs name coach about 10 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to Darren_Smith

If true then it's interesting that we haven't decided yet. That would help explain why we haven't heard more definitive reports.