Huge Gut Check By Riley And This Team.

FirefightnRick

I can not say how much, right now, that this feels like 2001. This team, missing 10 starters, rises up, and just like Todd Dodge just said, "played their asses off!"

I am so happy to go through a tight game, and come out on top! There guys must feel incredible right now! I am very proud to be a NT fan!

At the end of the day, all the players out, all the crap, we are 1-0 where it counts, conference play. On top of that, we have 3 in a row at home!

Go MEAN GREEN!!!

• Upvote 1

Love the 4th quarter emergence of Brandon McCoy when the game was on the line!

After watching the final series in the replay video the guy really looks like he's got a great burst off the line. Here's to seeing him at the DE position more often this saturday?

Question, who looks faster to you, Hamilton or Dunbar?

Rick

Total team effort on this one beginning with team prep by the coaching staff. How good does it feel now to have Riley available to run the offense? Pretty darn Good in my book. It seems the Mean Green have some emerging leaders on this team that have decided that they can make it happen with or without the injuries. The game Saturday will be very important in allowing this team and staff to make a statement in the SBC for the rest of the year. Really great to hear about this win. The team and coaches stepped up with the game on the line and made it happen...and how about that D when it counted??? Wow..I have been waiting for that! Way to go "D".

GO MEAN GREEN!

Yes to running the ball! This team needs to keep doing just that! We need to cram it down their throats until the opposing team likes it!

i don't think out patched up o-line can do that every week. remember that fau ranks last in ia rushing defense. however, our o-line did a great job, and r. dodge had one of his best games ever. hope he can make it thru season without injury. he has more guts than just about ant kid i have ever seen. bottom line: there was " no quit" in our team. glad i was there to see it.

Riley did have a gut check game, and I do hope everyone gives him his props on this one.

Hey...what about Prior at U-Back. Sounded like he did a hell of a job tonight

And I know these kind of comparisons are usually not worth a whole bunch but: FAU beats UAB then..........UAB almost beat Tennessee in a real donnybrook of a game.

After watching the final series in the replay video the guy really looks like he's got a great burst off the line. Here's to seeing him at the DE position more often this saturday?

Question, who looks faster to you, Hamilton or Dunbar?

Rick

You know, watching those clips of Hamilton got me to thinking the same thing. If he's been that fast and elusive all along, why hasn't he played more?

My guess is simple:

(1) We now have a coach running the offense who can recognize what to do with the talent we have on hand, even if it means changing the overall attack three games into the season.

(2) Charr. He's got Hamilton looking like a back who would see time on a BCS roster. The kid looks ready.