Can We Beat Army?

Lurker

Someone please give me a good reason that you think we can actually beat Army? I know that they are 4 and 6 and one of those wins was over VMI, but they have also beaten Ball St, E. Mich, and Vandy. Not sure we could have done the same.

I'm afraid this is going to seem like a road game for the Mean Green. I honestly think that the Army fans will outnumber the UNT fans this week.

Edited by Lurker

Someone please give me a good reason that you think we can actually beat Army? I know that they are 4 and 6 and one of those wins was over VMI, but they have also beaten Ball St, E. Mich, and Vandy. Not sure we could have done the same.

I'm afraid this is going to seem like a road game for the Mean Green. I honestly think that the Army fans will outnumber the UNT fans this week.

Prayer?

The answer is yes we can, as we could have and should have beat 4 other teams this year. The real question is will we shoot ourselves in the foot again?

BINGO!!

We should have wins over ULL, Ohio, FIU, and FAU and be ready to go bowling, but for one reason or another we could not hammer home the last nail in the coffin. Guess we forget that our opponents have DNR's yet we still give them CPR with stupid penalties and turnovers.

I'll be there screaming my ass off, but if you twisted my arm I'd say Army by double digits. Remember that one play WKU gouged us with over and over? Army runs about twenty variations of that one play, over and over and over. Their offense is easily stopped by a disciplined defensive attack, they'll have a field day with us.

We win going away if:

We win or tie in the turnover battle. If Riley makes better decisions and our D can come up with a few fumbles we win this game.

I say this because generally speaking, if you take out the 'Bama game, we are better than our opponents at yards per passing attempt, yards per rushing attempt, and 3rd down conversions. Yes, our offense and defense are better than most of the teams we faced this year. We quite frankly kick ass at converting 3rd downs.

We turn the ball over way to much and we don't force turnovers. But hey, that's part of the game.

And oh yeah, we need to line up under center near the goal line.

My frustration this year has been that we have been so much superior athlete wise than many of the teams we lost to this year. See ULL, FAU, FIU. We were on par with Ohio and the MUTS. While Bama, Troy, and ULM were just better.

I'll be there screaming my ass off, but if you twisted my arm I'd say Army by double digits. Remember that one play WKU gouged us with over and over? Army runs about twenty variations of that one play, over and over and over. Their offense is easily stopped by a disciplined defensive attack, they'll have a field day with us.

Yep.

I too will be there, with my family of West Point grads and theirs.

We will not win this game if the run defense we threw out against FAU and WKU is how we play this weekend. Army does what those guys do, better...run left and right.

Ironically, it may be there 6'10 WR that makes the difference though.

And yes, we will be outnumbered by the Army (as we were for Navy).

Until we win a game against anyone other than WKU, I don't see how anyone can predict WIN.

On the other hand, I went to Vegas this weekend and finished up by 65% over my base stack. I had forgotten how good it feels to win...endorphins kicked in big time.

But,

GMG beat UTA

We win going away if:

We win or tie in the turnover battle. If Riley makes better decisions and our D can come up with a few fumbles we win this game.

I say this because generally speaking, if you take out the 'Bama game, we are better than our opponents at yards per passing attempt, yards per rushing attempt, and 3rd down conversions. Yes, our offense and defense are better than most of the teams we faced this year. We quite frankly kick ass at converting 3rd downs.

We turn the ball over way to much and we don't force turnovers. But hey, that's part of the game.

And oh yeah, we need to line up under center near the goal line.

My frustration this year has been that we have been so much superior athlete wise than many of the teams we lost to this year. See ULL, FAU, FIU. We were on par with Ohio and the MUTS. While Bama, Troy, and ULM were just better.

And if TDodge unexpectedly has an epiphany and learns how to coach by making the correct adjustments to his offense and play calling in the redzone. When you outgain your opponent two to one and still lose those games, it is generally the coaching staff to blame. You can't really blame the father for the son's untimely interceptions, but it seems that the shorter the field the worse the play calling gets. Go figure.

unless someone teaches our DLine to clog the middle and LB's to tackle RB's before they hit 5-10 yards, we will have no shot and Army will put up 300+ yds of rushing, of course with our DB's we just might make their QB look like a freakin Heisman Candidate.

This is going to be a tough one for the beloved Mean Green. Army's offense is what everyone is familiar with, and it will give the NT defense problems unless the players commit to playing their assignments over and over again. However, their defense comes into this game ranked in the Top 15 in Total Defense in the country. That scares me just as bad as their offense.

This is one of the grandest days....that all of us have been waiting for. Groundbreaking for our new football stadium, with partners HKS and Manhattan Construction. Wow!

Grand tailgating....

Grand Build-UP to the game....

Grand Win over Army!

You can BOOK IT!

ParksAndRecRick is making the call......................

I wonder how long it will take this brilliant coaching staff to realize that we just might have to put 8 in the box vs Army ? Maybe 3rd quarter ?

Doubt it will matter....WKY was able to run through this defense with such ease....the major difference I see in this game is that Army's defense is a lot better than WKY and thus will probably not find themselves trying to "keep up" per say with our scoring. I actually believe this game could be as bad as the Alabama game, we just as a whole don't think so because of Army's record and such.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999