We Will Never Find Success In The Sun Belt

UNT_playmaker

This week all non-BCS conferences besides the MAC have a Very Strong BCS breaker

CUSA: Houston

M-WEST: TCU

WAC: BSU

We really need to get into one of these conferences, I know the WAC is the least likely one from the three, but its better. But I just can never get excited playing these Sun Belt teams here at Home.

I mean playing a well known team such as Louisana Tech, Boise State, Nevada, and Fresno State here at Fouts Field is alot more exciting then playing FIU, Western Kentucky, and Florida Atlantic.

CUSA and M-WEST which is our biggest hope, would give us a close sell-out nearly every home game, especially if we play the likes of SMU, TCU, or Houston. I actually walked towards the visitor side before halftime and saw maybe 100 MTSU fans watching the game.

We won four straight conference championships, (a feat that will never be topped again in the Sun Belt and is amazing in any conference), has netted us really nothing.

Who you play and who you can attact into your home turf each Saturday will bring the droves of people and push attendance through the roof and attract recruits, coaches, and the fans into the stadium.

Every team currently in the Sun Belt benefits from this despised conference, whether its in state rivalries, travel or logistics, or they dont see their program having the potential for anything better and/ or its their perfect fit.

Im hoping the new stadium will help push us in the right direction and that direction is the immediate departure of the Sun Belt Conference and everyone can agree with me that this new stadium: CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH

ok ..I am confused... are you saying we can't find success because this conferenece is too difficult or what.??? Surely you can't be saying the opposite.

It would be nice to have a lot of conference members that are close by... to increase interest and to help attendence... and improve revenues.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

This week all non-BCS conferences besides the MAC have a Very Strong BCS breaker

CUSA: Houston

M-WEST: TCU

WAC: BSU

We won four straight conference championships, (a feat that will never be topped again in the Sun Belt and is amazing in any conference), has netted us really nothing.

That is unless Troy wins the Conference again this year.

I mean playing a well known team such as Louisana Tech, Boise State, Nevada, and Fresno State

Nobody in DFW cares about those teams any more than they do the Sun Belt schools. Sure a few more people might show up to see Boise State at the moment since they're ranked, but once that drops off, they'll draw flies.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

A new stadium will help alot

22,300 is a great crowd for a 1-2 team that has won 3 games in the last 2 seasons.

If we can't win in Sunbelt, why would you think we would be better off in another conference?...what?...we are going to beat TCU or Houston?

NO, NO, NO to the Wac

Seems to me everything will fall into place if we build the new stadium and win games....this current crowd shows winning in a new stadium brings 28000 to sell out every game. I really think things are going to be very different in 5 years....this is from someone who has followed the team for 35 yrs.

We WILL find success in the Sun Belt the old fashioned way...we will earrrn it!

And when we earn it, there will be people from other conferences whispering propositions in our ear. Until then, we better suck it up and learn how to beat the teams we have on our schedule now. If we take care of business the facilities will be in place in a couple of years and we could be appealing to some conference a little higher on the food chain.

Oh, and don't dumb down the schedule to create wins...everyone who counts sees through that little charade.

I think we should just have RV meet with the commissioners of the Big XII, SEC, and the MWC and tell them that we want in their conference and it is up to them to bid for us. To heck with the Sunbelt--which is the only thing we have won at the Division I level in 30 years. I can't wait to see how LSU, OU, and TCU fight to get us in with them--should make awesome headlines. This is gonna be great--especially since we will have a BRAND NEW STADIUM that holds 28,000 fans!! Hopefully, though, the stadium will be hurricane proof--in more ways than one.

Off.

I think we should just have RV meet with the commissioners of the Big XII, SEC, and the MWC and tell them that we want in their conference and it is up to them to bid for us. To heck with the Sunbelt--which is the only thing we have won at the Division I level in 30 years. I can't wait to see how LSU, OU, and TCU fight to get us in with them--should make awesome headlines. This is gonna be great--especially since we will have a BRAND NEW STADIUM that holds 28,000 fans!! Hopefully, though, the stadium will be hurricane proof--in more ways than one.

Off.

:lol:

As long as it is expandable should we start seeing improvement and success then we are in a good way. We took care of that by making it expandable to 50K ish... When we aren't filing up a 30k Fouts more than 2/3 why would we want to build an even bigger place so that we can fill it even less.

28-30K is a good starting size and the drawings look incredible, we are going to have one of the best looking stadiums in the conference let alone the mid majors. Lets enjoy the new stadium, not bitch about the shortfalls of it. Any success that we get we will earn, any new conference we will get into will be by our work, whether that is good or bad will determine what level we are playing at.

It is the middle of the season. look at here and now, lets forget about the peripherals until we get through this thing, and I still believe it is going to be a pretty good season.

The only conference move WE could make is to go DOWN to FCS! It is all linked.... put a great product on the field and WIN, then people will show up. Go to a bowl game and have a great fan showing. New staduim will help the cause, but LSU, OU, UT, Boise, and other have 28,000 people tailgating!!

I THINK we could beat FCS Richmond!

True...go down to FCS and win, go to a bowl game - ONCE or TWICE. Your FBS talent graduates and you can not replace the talent because FBS-quality players want to play at FBS schools. You have just tanked the program.

Lets look at the student population of the two universities compared to the 36k students UNT has then compare.

Truer words have never been spoken. It is quite comical that so many people overlook that point.

At this point in time it is UNT that is keeping the Sunbelt worse than what it is. NT is probably the worst team in the belt and have been for ATLEAST the start of the 07 season.

Edited by Green Mean