What If

greenminer

We've forgotten about him...seemingly. Purely hypothetical:

What if he wins the job back this year, how would you handle Vizza/Riley the next couple years?

Redshirt Riley for sure..

This isn't a "do you think it could happen", rather a "what if it did" scenario.

He did strike lightning against SMU. Can you imagine if that happened over a 3-4 game stretch to begin the year (er, and won too)? YIKES

What if he wins the job back this year, how would you handle Vizza/Riley the next couple years?

This isn't a "do you think it could happen", rather a "what if it did" scenario.

He did strike lightning against SMU. Can you imagine if that happened over a 3-4 game stretch to begin the year (er, and won too)? YIKES

What if Ginger Lynn comes out of retirement and she wants me to co-star with her in her first movie back. In other words, it aint' gonna happen.

Somebody remind me... Was Meager, Tune or Phillps the kick holder last season? That's a position that's just as important to me as quarterback.

I think it was Phillips. I also believe he (Phillips) is not listed on the spring roster.

If Meager were to win the starting QB job this year (highly unlikely, IMO), I don't believe it would affect the Vizza/Riley situation too much this year, because it's probably best if Riley can redshirt regardless.

However, next year would be a different story. Would Vizza come back under such circumstances? Instead of Riley's being groomed in as the heir apparent, Riley would be battling against a QB who was not the incumbent starter. Riley's extra two years of eligibility over Vizza at that point would put Vizza in the position Meager was in this past year, or worse.

That really doesn't answer your question, "how would you handle Vizza/Riley the next couple years?" (assuming Meager wins the starting position). I guess I'd say my answer is, I'm not sure there will be a Vizza/Riley the next couple years if Meager were to win the starting position.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

since we're posting about things that just won't happen, let me whip this one on ya...

jedisquirrel.jpg

What if that happens? HUH? C'mon, we should consider the possiblity!

NOTE - Smitty, since you are the Photoshop God, if you want to make one of those little guys an Albino, that would be cool... :)

Edited by yyz28

That would be awesome. The one with the red lightsaber is clearly a Sith Squirrel. I'll give 2-1 odds on him.

The one with the blue saber is doing a force push on the Sith Squirrel, which is why he is flying back.

Phillips was still the holder today at practice. Meager stepped in and ran the team very efficiently today , looked like Vizza tweaked an ankle ?

Just goes to show that we shouldn't be so disrespectful of Meager, or whoever plays backup quarterback. In this system, that's a very important position.

IT COULD HAPPEN...if we were were playing to win today instead down the road, when RD gets here.

If Meager won the starting job back, he'd have done some pretty special things, and would be deserving of every snap he gets. He already has my respect for playing through everything that has been thrown his way so far. More than that, he's a good guy who has endured some pretty blistering criticism, above and beyond what he is due from his performance.

I'm not entirely sure Meager ever really got a fair shake. Unless someone wants to convince me of Ramon Flanigan's quarterback development skills, or the stimulating nuances of the Darrell Dickey passing offense, I think he was buried before he ever got his first snap. I've heard that the reason Scott Hall was so good was he tuned out the coaching staff and did things on his own. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I'm not sure how surprised I would be if it was accurate.

I know from personal experience (and I'm sure most of those on this board do, too) that the right boss can make or break you. I spent a year at my last job being told how awful I was, how I would never fit in, and my work constantly raked over the coals. Now, at my current job, I've been told that the only thing standing between me and a promotion is the fact I'm still a probationary employee. Different system, better coaching, and all of a sudden I'm a great performer.

Sadly enough, we could be sitting here having the same conversation next year. Just replace Meager with Vizza and Vizza with Riley.

Meager winning the job is not very likely to happen, IMO, but I'll bite....

If this were to happen, I'd think Vizza would be most effected. He'd be sandwiched between Meager and the coach's son. RD will most likely get redshirted in this scenario. Would Vizza be willing to stick it out as a backup? I'm not saying he couldn't beat RD out, just saying what everyone's thinking here on RD's "unfair" advantage. Meags winning the job is more of a sign on Vizza's ability, IMO.

"Unless someone wants to convince me of Ramon Flanigan's quarterback development skills,"

I promise you that that won't come from me....... ;)

Excellent post i-32! I've always felt that D. Meager should get some sort of special award for all he has had to "endure" since coming to North Texas. Starting with the coaching ( :disgust: ) he received, and ending with the wonderful support ( :no: ) he's received from the fans on this board.

It's my fondest hope that Daniel goes out and becomes a mulit-millionaire after graduating from North Texas. I can only imagine what the conversation would be like when someone from North Texas contacted him about contributing to some athletic project.... B)

i gagree with the feelings about meager being handuffed from the beginning. if he were named the starter, i have no doubt that vizza would be gone. i'm sure he's a great guy and a real competitor so i think he'd much rather take his game elsewhere to see what he could do. obviously, it's for this reason that i hope it doesn't happen because i love what i saw from vizza last year, but i'm just playing along.

since we're posting about things that just won't happen, let me whip this one on ya...

jedisquirrel.jpg

What if that happens? HUH? C'mon, we should consider the possiblity!

NOTE - Smitty, since you are the Photoshop God, if you want to make one of those little guys an Albino, that would be cool... :)

This photo shop is impressive... Most Impressive.