New Coach = New Uniforms?

mdmeangreen

This one? I'd say this is my favorite. Regardless of the Mean Green and Eagles debates, after all, WE ARE NORTH TEXAS.

NThelmet.jpg

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

I have been around North Texas graduates since I was in Jr. High. Through all of my contacts, (and this includes people who graduated recently, and people who attended and graduated back in the 40's) every one of them refers to their alma mater in the same way.......NORTH TEXAS. There is no other major college with our name, and so NT should be on our helmets.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plum, I think I have that helmet on my office computer. I won't be able to post it and other helmets until Friday. Anyhows, here's what I have at home for your viewing pleasure.

helmet2.jpgCircleNT.jpgNTEXEShelmet2.jpgNThelmet.jpg

BTW, the first helmet is new. You have to visualize that SOW as a "wrap-a-round" with a black/green outline on it. I'm sure it would show up better if done correctly and in proportion.

Thanks, Phil...

If you can and don't mind, could you put that "V T" version of an "N T" on a green helmet and then a white helmet (although I don't think you are a fan of the white helmet)? What about a green strip down the middle of the white helmet variation, too? :rolleyes:

Anyhoooo, will look forward to seeing your creative-works when I get back to the computer later this evening.

PMG

Plum, I think I have that helmet on my office computer. I won't be able to post it and other helmets until Friday. Anyhows, here's what I have at home for your viewing pleasure.

helmet2.jpg

I love the look of the revolution helmet. Just give it a black mask and you'v got a winner, IMO.

The interlocking NT is the way to go, IMO. It's got tradition, and doesn't confuse as perhaps an eagle would. Austin Talon is who you're referring to, Grant, and you're right--that logo would be awesome on the helmet.

nt_custom.gif

Ya that's the one. I think thats by far the best looking NT. Can anyone put that on a helmet??

This one? I'd say this is my favorite. Regardless of the Mean Green and Eagles debates, after all, WE ARE NORTH TEXAS.

NThelmet.jpg

That's it deep. You just need to finish the bar across the top of the "N" in order to separate it from the "T" behind it.

That is the current design on the chest of the Letterman's jackets. That is the best design so far to date. It's simple and stands out and is recognizable from a distance. However, I am hearing reports that it is only being allowed to be used on the jackets and on nothing else. And I don't understand why? A university at our level needs a collegiate, block-letter design as many of the other major universities do. Back in April of '04 we were told by the A.D. that they were trying to work on an interlinked "NT" that most people have called for and I suspect this design is it.

Rick

That is the current design on the chest of the Letterman's jackets. That is the best design so far to date. It's simple and stands out and is recognizable from a distance. However, I am hearing reports that it is only being allowed to be used on the jackets and on nothing else. And I don't understand why? A university at our level needs a collegiate, block-letter design as many of the other major universities do. Back in April of '04 we were told by the A.D. that they were trying to work on an interlinked "NT" that most people have called for and I suspect this design is it.

The reason I doubt you'll see that is because UNT has established its "spirit marks" and is using those whenever possible. They're very big on branding the university, and on being consistent with their new trademarked logos and fonts.

The interlocked NT is not one of the spirit marks. The marks are the new "diving" Eagle and Eagle head, and NORTH TEXAS, MEAN GREEN, and UNT in the new font. They plan on using those well into the future. The new shade of green is also part of that trademarked branding.

My guess is UNT will use the same NORTH TEXAS on the side of the helmet as last year, but with the new shade of green. Either that or the new eagle on a kelly green helmet.

I have absolutely no inside information on that, I've just read that they're trying to be consistent with branding North Texas.

Edited by Smitty

Good point, that dime COULD be better spent on a better D.C. or asst..

It's a mesage board full of fans. We hall the luxury of playing with all the dimes we want.

Without interest from the fans, there's no athletic program. It's that simple. No reason for anyone to check their mental state, or their pulse, use their heads for....... or whatever? It's a message board.

Rick

The reason I doubt you'll see that is because UNT has established its "spirit marks" and is using those whenever possible. They're very big on branding the university, and on being consistent with their new trademarked logos and fonts.

The interlocked NT is not one of the spirit marks. The marks are the new "diving" Eagle and Eagle head, and NORTH TEXAS, MEAN GREEN, and UNT in the new font. They plan on using those well into the future. The new shade of green is also part of that trademarked branding.

My guess is UNT will use the same NORTH TEXAS on the side of the helmet as last year, but with the new shade of green. Either that or the new eagle on a kelly green helmet.

I have absolutely no inside information on that, I've just read that they're trying to be consistent with branding North Texas.

The new basketball unis followed that same senerio. New color green, new font North Texas on jersey and swooping Eagle on the shorts.

I could go for a new color helmet with swooping eagle on it. Time to nix the school name on the helmet, let them guess who we are if they don't already know.

Edited by NT80

The new basketball unis followed that same senerio. New color green, new font North Texas on jersey and swooping Eagle on the shorts.

I could go for a new color helmet with swooping eagle on it. Time to nix the school name on the helmet, let them guess who we are if they don't already know.

Just go back to "North Texas" on the front of the jerseys. That should be sufficient in letting viewers know who we are.

Kelly Green helmets with the new Eagle Head or Son of Worm, with black masks would be the best look to change to.

Just put this on the side of the helmets, no matter the color, and be done with it.

getitall@gmg.jpg

I agree, if that was on the side of the Oregon helmets tonight, it would have been much nicer to watch. The Oregon helmets, jerseys, pants, and small names on back had to be the most disturbing viewing experience one could ever see. Was that diamond plate on the shoulders and knees or tire tracks. This event had to make you appreciate the simple "Y" on BYU's helmets. With our buzz over new unis. , I sure hope we do not end up with a new look like that.

It looks like the BIG AND MIGHTY MountWestConf is now 2-0. Good for them. MAC & PAC are now 0-1.