New Coach = New Uniforms?

mdmeangreen

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zeke, can I be blunt? That looks like sh!t. :cry:

Yes you may be blunt.......and I will high five you in agreement. Someone asked, so I did it.

I do however, think the green one from a page or two back would work if done from somebody who knows what they are doing. Why did we leave the script again?

I like the current uniforms -

BUT

...would be willing to make one more change for sake of aligning our unis with the new branding.

Shift from forrest green to kelly green is fine. If we want to go away from the NORTH TEXAS on the helmet, then it needs to be "MEAN GREEN" in the OFFICIAL FONT, or it needs to be one version of the "son of worm" eagle. I'd prefer the full Icon, not the USPS head, but that's just my opinion.

...and finally, the ENTIRE UNIFORM should be GREEN. Pants. Jersey. Helmet. NO WHITE HELMET. WHITE and MEAN don't belong together. If the guys like Black, then have black pants and maybe even a black jersey w/green and white lettering. The only thing that should be white is the Away Jersey.

...and then

NO MORE CHANGES - EVER!!!!

...so that means we have to go with something classic so it won't look dated in 10 years.

I like the current uniforms -

BUT

...would be willing to make one more change for sake of aligning our unis with the new branding.

Shift from forrest green to kelly green is fine. If we want to go away from the NORTH TEXAS on the helmet, then it needs to be "MEAN GREEN" in the OFFICIAL FONT, or it needs to be one version of the "son of worm" eagle. I'd prefer the full Icon, not the USPS head, but that's just my opinion.

...and finally, the ENTIRE UNIFORM should be GREEN. Pants. Jersey. Helmet. NO WHITE HELMET. WHITE and MEAN don't belong together. If the guys like Black, then have black pants and maybe even a black jersey w/green and white lettering. The only thing that should be white is the Away Jersey.

...and then

NO MORE CHANGES - EVER!!!!

...so that means we have to go with something classic so it won't look dated in 10 years.

Sounds good to me. The current logo would be fine, but the black outline around it makes it pretty hard to read.

I really hope no one thinks I am backing a white helmet..........ugh, that would be horrible.

I know you don't like the white helmet.

...I think the black outline on a kelly green helmet would be OK... the black outline on a dark green helmet gets lost. I think the black will set it off nicely on a Kelly Green Metallic helmet.

...and I like the interlocking NT but since we have no such logo in our official arsenal of branding, it should not be considered, IMHO. Let's get the OFFICIAL branding out there and then LIVE WITH IT until the end of time.

newnorthtx1.jpg

Is this the one?

This is a good look.

Green helmet. White center stripe, w/flying eagle logo.

Another suggestion: The same green helmet w/the interlocking NT logo with the star in the middle, except for a small state of Texas where the star currently is? (Not the current offset NT currently in this thread.)

Edited by LongJim

This is a good look.

Green helmet. White center stripe, w/flying eagle logo.

Another suggestion: The same green helmet w/the interlocking NT logo with the star in the middle, except for a small state of Texas where the star currently is? (Not the current offset NT currently in this thread.)

I don't think I care much for a stripe. I like solid color helmets much better. Cleaner look.

...regarding the interlocking NT logo - I like them personally, but since they are not an official sanctioned logo, I would rather see us go with an actual official logo and then stick with it so we can get some consistancy with marketing our mark.

The name of the game is SELL, SELL, SELL, RECOGNITION, RECOGNITION, RECOGNITION. So with this I might remind that we do have a history with this helmet design. In one of the annuals displayed in the NT Exes Association offices there is a colored photo of our helmets back in the 30's or 40's and we had lether helmets colored exactly like this design. If you want to make a huge splash and get noticed then this is your helmet.

wingednthelmet_66x43.jpg

Rick

The name of the game is SELL, SELL, SELL, RECOGNITION, RECOGNITION, RECOGNITION. So with this I might remind that we do have a history with this helmet design. In one of the annuals displayed in the NT Exes Association offices there is a colored photo of our helmets back in the 30's or 40's and we had lether helmets colored exactly like this design. If you want to make a huge splash and get noticed then this is your helmet.

wingednthelmet_66x43.jpg

Rick

Now that would be a cool helmet design.

wingednthelmet_66x43.jpg

Rick

You know Rick, if someone could take that helmet and design just the slightest look of an Eagle into it we might have something. Again, only slightly so as to not upset the Mean Green purest, and at the same time make the Eagle traditionalist happy.

Well, since we have been talking about helmet designs that are similar to several other college teams, as well as one HS team, I'd rather be accused of copying someone like Michigan that some of the others we've discussed.

There is also a lower classification school that uses that design but I can't remember who it is. And we wouldn't be copying anyone but our own helmet. That design was how a standard leather helmet manufacturer back in the day made them. The stripes came from where the padding in the helmet were. Many schools back then had designs just like them. Michigan simply stayed with it over the years and painted them in once the plastic helmets took over as standard. I'm not saying this should be our helmet design, in fact I prefer the NT letterman's jacket design over anything else. But if you wanted to create the most stir then the winged helmet would be it.

Deep, where's your link NT design? Repost it here please.

Rick