New Coach = New Uniforms?

mdmeangreen

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surpirsed I've not read any posts concerning the impact the new hire will have on the future Mean Green uniforms, as its common for uniforms  & helmets to change when a new HC is hired.

My prediction includes a move toward the new school colors for the uniforms.

Any thoughts?

We will change... we will not play in black uniforms...LOL...

Not fond of the "mean green" as our battle cry. Can live with it if have to. Definitely need to put Eagle on helmet. Even though we are a "directional school", lets not accentuate it with the script on side of helmets. Too long, too much copy. If we want letters, lets go with NT. Prefer an Eagle however. Our all green unis need some help. A combination of green/ black looks good. Refer to Philadelphia Eagles when they wear their dark unis. We need to spiff up our look for sure. Its a new day. Uni spiffing up definitely in order! We are no longer the old UNT Eagles. Lets get out of the box here.

A completely new era of Mean Green football should = new unis...

I think we need new unis' especially now. I don't think we've won any football uni's fashion contest with the ones we have now (and the helmet's rather dullish' "North Texas' font).

When you can get this board unified on unis and helmet design just like the hiring of Todd Dodge has been nothing short of a phenomena and message board unifer, then we will know we are on to something with our future (hopeful) new football unis' and helmets.

Interesting that former UNT Coach Hayden Fry had a big influence with his unis' and GGII was right in there helping him. Fry also had a part in recommendations for the very impressive Iowa Hawkeye logo and their football unis's as well. Wonder if Todd Dodge could bring a few ideas up to Mean Green Country for a "different look" football uniform and helmet.

AND................do we want UNT football unis' and helmets that remind many of us of of the last 2 years? sad.gif

PS: I guess if we go to the kelly green we will have somewhat a new look uni' based on that alone? I do like some of the designs some of you came up with in the "short-lived" poll last night. The green and black combos would be very popular with our football players IMHO; and they wouldn't look too bad for NT Exes and MG fans to wear, either. rolleyes.gif

GO SLC DRAGONS! WIN STATE!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Why do we need to change our unis ... again?

People are just going to get bent out of shape over what color socks the team is wearing.

I agree, change or alter the helmet logo keep the darker "mean green" colors. Our uniforms already have the shelf life of sandwich meat.

I thought that it was reported last year that new uni's were going to be ordered in the new (old) color, but that it was too late in the season for them to be delivered for 06. This would seem to imply that we have some boxes of new Kelly Green uni's sitting over in the equipment manager's office waiting to be used this next season.

Maybe I misunderstood. Maybe they said that they tried to order Kelly Green uni's, but it was too late to do so.

I meant NEW unis!  It's a new dawning in Denton!  It's a new era!  New Unis need to be a part of the NEW excitiement.

Anyway NEW Unis rather than NO unis (although that would also gain some more media coverage)!!!!!

Dodge Ball....

....the ducking begins September 2007

"No unis" would bring a dramatically new meaning to "Dodge Ball."

And how much would you have to pay a quarterback to have him put his hands under the center?

Edited by Smitty

i agree... leave them alone.  they may not be the coolest, but they are simple, classy and i think can stand the test of time.  leave them alone!

I don't think we necessarily need to change the design, but we do need to change the color. It's a bit odd to see the team in one shade of green and everyone in the stands, the merchandise, the field colors, etc. all in a different shade of green. Since the university has apparently committed to the new colors and replaced a bunch of signs and all, the athletics department should get on board and use the new color.

After that, no more changes - ever. smile.gif

Do not be surprised if the new uniform looks like what SLC currently wears(if he goes to kelly). If we go to Kelly green we will probably wear a white helmet. Marketing firms have done studies and a kelly green helmet does not perform well.

SLC uni

Pants - white, black

Shirts - kelly green, white, black

Helmet - White

I cannot wait to see what TD strolls out in Norman!! Will he change from New Balance to Under Armour??

I am ready for the SPRING GAME!!

Bring on Dodge Ball!!!

ohmy.gif

I'm surpirsed I've not read any posts concerning the impact the new hire will have on the future Mean Green uniforms, as its common for uniforms  & helmets to change when a new HC is hired.

My prediction includes a move toward the new school colors for the uniforms.

Any thoughts?

It's not common, it only happens to the inconsequential teams...See oklahoma state, oregon, boston college, etc.

Yeah, funny that the refs cheated and were one was paid Oregon staff...

Otherwise - its an official win!  But everyone really knows OU  won that game...

Well luckily it was an inconsequential game against such a "beneath you" opponent. Yes, you got screwed and I feel for you because you could be #4 and have one loss, but your defense was lit all game.

Your boys used it as a rallying point to man up and start playing better D and quit whining about what happened. Maybe you should too.

It may have sucked and felt like a major league screw job but:

In the grand scheme of things, that game changed nothing that would have happened this season in the big picture.