Tulane Fan Board on UNT game

Charlie Dunn Navigator Level Posts: 1294 Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:39 am Location: Atlanta, GA

Post by Charlie Dunn » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:04 pm

We just cannot make a shot. Feel like N Texas is grttimg away with some fouls on D too. Missed our last 3 breakaways. Should be even with them now but cannot score. Everyone has gone cold from the field and the line

Link:  https://yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?t=58325

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

That is probably the disappointing thing about NT athletics since I've followed all the way back to my childhood growing up in Denton.  This team deserves 6K or more for every game and something approaching a sellout for big games.  The last half dozen years are a damn golden age for Mean Green basketball, or any sport for this school.

We need a media that provides us attention! Can't be backpage of DMN or a 1 second mention as the last college team (even after out of State teams) on highlights. First you win - check. Second gives us our respect - waiting. Third, it becomes a place to go and be seen and be a part of (think of how the DMN and Ch 8 promoted SMU BB and the crowds that followed under Larry Brown).

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Ross Hodgeson said:

Charlie Dunn Navigator Level Posts: 1294 Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:39 am Location: Atlanta, GA

Post by Charlie Dunn » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:04 pm

We just cannot make a shot. Feel like N Texas is grttimg away with some fouls on D too. Missed our last 3 breakaways. Should be even with them now but cannot score. Everyone has gone cold from the field and the line

Link:  https://yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?t=58325

Only 20 posts on a conference game thread?

Merrell Twins GIF by AwesomenessTV

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

That is probably the disappointing thing about NT athletics since I've followed all the way back to my childhood growing up in Denton.  This team deserves 6K or more for every game and something approaching a sellout for big games.  The last half dozen years are a damn golden age for Mean Green basketball, or any sport for this school.

11 minutes ago, GMoney said:

We need a media that provides us attention! Can't be backpage of DMN or a 1 second mention as the last college team (even after out of State teams) on highlights. First you win - check. Second gives us our respect - waiting. Third, it becomes a place to go and be seen and be a part of (think of how the DMN and Ch 8 promoted SMU BB and the crowds that followed under Larry Brown).

It’s the same on Twitter, too. Unless I’m not following the right pages, I hardly see any UNT coverage…even from Mid Major Outlets.  I saw a little of Jason Edward’s shoutouts, but it was due to his step up from JUCO. I don’t get the lack of press.  

2 hours ago, GMoney said:

how about a grassroots effort to msg DMN, requesting more coverage?  Would that be hard?  Or maybe a Twitter onslaught from our small army?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, GMoney said:

Perfect example.. Ch 5 (NBC) shows highlights of TCU's loss to KU and doesn't even mention to NT game. Instead, they show a clip about HS athletes choosing to go to Elite BB academies or stay at their HS.

Victor Nguyen

@NBCDFW sports producer. Used to do stuff @FOX4 and @TexomasHomepage@SMU homer. Perfectly cromulent. Dirk and the Gallagher brothers forever. No disrespect.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, GMoney said:

Perfect example.. Ch 5 (NBC) shows highlights of TCU's loss to KU and doesn't even mention to NT game. Instead, they show a clip about HS athletes choosing to go to Elite BB academies or stay at their HS.

The 10 o'clock news on 5 had highlights of our game.

• Upvote 6

UNT does a very poor job marketing and promoting their athletic program in DFW... Do they even have anyone that is in charge of this?  I would be curious to know what their local media package looks like, if they even have one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, CMJ said:

This team is 9-5 with loses to St. John’s, LSU, Boise State and Mississippi State…all schools with name brand recognition. If they had beaten those schools and still only get 4k a game then yeah I would be on your side.  

• Upvote 2