The Best Rivalry in Texas

Side.Show.Joe

Once again, Texas Football has declared the North Texas and utsa the best rivalry in Texas....

In just a decade, North Texas and UTSA has become one of the most competitive rivalries in the state with the game deciding conference titles, unbeaten seasons and resulting in coaches firings

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2023/11/07/ten-years-in-north-texas-and-utsa-is-the-state-s-best-rivalry?ref=article_preview_img

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 3

• Side.Show.Joe changed the title to The Best Rivalry in Texas
50 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Of course people think Utsa has supplanted smu as our biggest rival. All smu does is whip our ass. 

Doesn't it take two teams to make a rivalry? Texas and A&M hate each other's guts.  I don't think SMU gives a crap about us. I hate them because of their smug attitude and spoiled rich kid behavior. I think UTSA hates us and looks at us like we do Smut. I don't like UTSA because they have built a great football program in such a short period of time and have a QB playing in his 8th year! Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I actually think we're making a bigger deal out of the student fee thing than it is. They already get $14M from student fees compared to our $13.2M. It was a "no" to an increase, not a "no" to student fees.

I got it..but IMO it shows a lack of commitment of the students. Did not the the NT students vote to increase the athletics fees several years ago or am I dreaming...wonder if they would now.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Of course people think Utsa has supplanted smu as our biggest rival. All smu does is whip our ass. 

Well, we also won't be playing SMU anymore after this season...so while the ass-whippings will end, most of our fanbase will have to focus on UTSA as the replacement of that anger.

• Upvote 2
  • Pissed 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Will it? Texas really only cares about OU and they’ve dominated A&M historically. The Texas fans I know haven’t really cared about the Aggies very much. It’s pretty one sided.

I mean, what other in-state Texas rivalry would really compare?  You're not wrong that OU will still be the biggest rivalry game of Texas' season, but A&M would have to be #2.  And UT would be A&M's #1.  It will be a big deal when that rivalry restarts.

Many years ago NCAA College Football had a play your rival feature. When I chose it while playing as UNT, it pitted me against New Mexico State.

Considering that, I love UTSA being treated as our rival. We share a state and a conference, the games matter every year and neither school is regularly taking the other to the woodshed.

We also ended the Meep Meeps undefeated season and knocked them out of the top 25. This may be too much information, but that game still warms my cockles.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1