Uniform combo vs. UTSA

Victorygreen04

14 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

No jersey has ever won or lost a game

Generally true...but there are occasions where players are more inspired by a particular color.  Lighter colors often don't inspire effort.  While not on a uniform, Hayden Fry painted the opponent's dressing room pink at Fouts.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

16 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

Generally true...but there are occasions where players are more inspired by a particular color.  Lighter colors often don't inspire effort.  While not on a uniform, Hayden Fry painted the opponent's dressing room pink at Fouts.

He did the same at Iowa, lol.   It was supposed to "calm" the opponent.

Our football players should want to wear "Green" and white.  Green is one of our official colors.  We are the "Mean Green".  The players should play inspired football in "GREEN", or white for that matter.  Players should want to make "money" playing for the "Mean Green".  Money.  You know, GREENbacks".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NT93 said:

Like the helmet.

I guess I’ll stop complaining about the black unis.  It’s almost as if no one in the athletic department is reading these threads and my opinion is not being taken seriously.

The black unis are popular with the players in many programs.   They add an element of attitude.  We seem to wear them more than most programs because we never settled on a dominant logo that survived generations of ADs and Coaches wanting their own branding.

56 minutes ago, NT80 said:

The black unis are popular with the players in many programs.   They add an element of attitude.  We seem to wear them more than most programs because we never settled on a dominant logo that survived generations of ADs and Coaches wanting their own branding.

Our athletic department seems to have the tradition of making sure we have no traditions (only partially being sarcastic). My opinion, and I know many might not agree, but we have done a terrible job marketing the "Mean Green" name. And I would comment on how it seems strange that programs like Alabama, Texas, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, etc. don't seem to need gimmick uniforms, but some of those same people would quickly point out how we're not like them.  

• Upvote 4

I just don’t like it that we seem to wear black every week.  I could easily be wrong, but it seems like last week was the only game this year when we were green and white.

I’m not complaining, just an observation.😉

Edited by NT93